No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mirv Peace Treaty
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Mirv Peace Treaty
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:04   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 13:47, Lord DowneyBUM (UK) wrote:
What can i say to all the verbose and intelligent postings, the stats say it all.

In one month, some of these people have more bombing pres than some of us in 3 to four years.

The figures dont lie gentlemen.

[ This Message was edited by: Lord DowneyBUM (UK) on 2005-11-29 13:52 ]

They don't have 3-4 years of skill though

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:24   
The following picture sums up this peace treaty.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:33   
To the mirving thing...I dont realy care to mirv now, it's ignorant and has a lack of strategic value to your faction..

To the .484... I will be happy to see actual combat return, not this poo-poo (I have a potty mouth and have to have mods edit my posts. Will someone get me a bottle and burp me?) dessie fighting.

[ This Message was edited by: AdmBito on 2005-11-29 22:07 ]

Prey Hunter
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:49   
Just to clear up 2 points;

I have never mirv'd ICC, only Ugto.

And yeah, I have only been playing one month, but I also didn't do any mirving untill I was 1st. Rear Admiral.

[ This Message was edited by: Angry Angel on 2005-11-29 14:54 ]

Prey Hunter
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-29 18:12   
After talking with Nim and others making suggestions to me. If I do mirv a planet, I will be rebuilding that planet. Sounds fair to me.

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 18:30   
i have to agree, everybody should just stop mirving its no excuse to start mirving just because somebody else did it, and thats been the problem for a while because everytime you ask somebody to stop bombing they do stop but then some newb comes on and nukes their planets, they get pissed at whatever faction nuked them and get "revenge" by mirving their planets, same thing happens with other faction and it starts a never ending process until another person makes one of these treaties. we should all just stop mirving and start nuetroning, only reason to mirv is during a fight for a system and the enemy has a sy or a depot planet, then you can mirv for a tactical advantage and not for prestige. but i have not mirved at all in this new version once i found out about the uber mirvs. my planet damage is a mere 3k and i also cant wait for new version to come out and then maybe dreads will be something to fear again......

Email spatula
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:04   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 08:47, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
No...

No mirving means no mirving. Not just "CERTAIN SYSTEMS". Because people will argue over which is ok. ICC will say "R33", ugto will say "No!".

You all need to get over your lame attempts to get prestige quickly. Because when 1.484 is released, I'm going to be laughing at you all because you've forgotten how to fight, and many of those who do will be too use to the uber ED's, and PD's, and everything else, and will of relied souly on the ship, and not your skill. I, and few others on the otherhand, will still have our skill...

I can't wait for the slaughter fest to begin.

Thought you left.......

Anyways, I will still mirv off that 1 or 2 little red people so I can cap it. But I don't bomb much anyways so it is really no issue to me either.
Besides, If doran can be a Supply whore, and Nim a bomb whore, I can be an Engy whore, right?

[ This Message was edited by: Rogue Wolf on 2005-11-29 19:12 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:24   
i dont think theres been any complaints about engie whoring

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:45   
WELL SAID ALL OF YOU! OMG IVE BEEN THINKING TAHT THIS ENTIRE VERSION OMG! i cant wait till we can pull out our dreads again and begin the mass anahilation of all the player still going through (Check out this adjective i made up!) 'NOOBERTY' (lol, i love that) and by nooberty i mean the players who have played for x amount of time (mostly a short time) and have most if not all of there prestige from bombing, and absoluteley "0" combat pres, next version you guys will be crying so hard about combat it will become "as big" as the bombing issue, and you WILL complain and you WILL whine, but, it will actually be YOUR fault.

So, a word of advice for those who have 0 combat pres and all bombing, start fighting....

thank you for letting me rant, i feel better now.

ahhh the game will maybe someday return to the time i joined long ago (im still an admiral wtf?)

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:58   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 10:34, Enterprise wrote:
I woulden't mind seeing Mirvs removed permanently from the game...

This is mostly from the fact that since the beginning of this patch - and 1.482 - all Mirving has been is a legitimate excuse to whore prestige.

Its true - Mirving now its perhaps the easiest by far to gain prestige. Look at most profiles dating from this patch till now - anyone with substantial prestige, its more than likely their main stat (by ten fold at times) is planets damaged.

Therefore - I agree with Jack. You either mriv or you don't - 'setting aside systems' kinda defeats the purpose. This game wasn't designed for your bombing pleasure - after all heh, if we 'set aside systems for bombing' thats 'setting aside systems for engineering' - heh, maybe we should make a system with all AI ships so they can be 'set aside for combat prestige' and a system full of damaged ships to be 'set aside for supply prestige'.

So really - just another way to try to make mirving 'acceptable' - and it was. Before.

Yeah before - before it was so horribly abused to this point. There is a difference between destroying and capping and rebuiliding and holding a system at a time for its strategic value - and hopping in a Bomber Dreadnought every day for months at a time and randomly picking an enemy system and nuking it to the ground, caping it spareingly, and moving onto the next.

But of course its 'part of teh game' so we can 'abuse it as much as we like'.

Which it has been. Way more than its proper design.

So in other words yeah, I also agree with Jack. I can't wait till the patch to fix this too - though, if they just removed the splash radius of bombs, it would be perfect.

And it might actually be funny to see people who are FA and have no idea how to bomb or shoot anything. ^_^.

-Ent

well ent even in the next patch theres going to be ways to wipe planets clan just for whoring, it might harder yes but even then im sure it will be done as easy. but i know for one thing my combat skills as have been on the raise( you can ask anyone on the ugto side i flowen with) that wher eim getting 3-5 kills a night with 150+ to ship damage during these big fights. and hell when im not combat im in a builder rebuilding what was nuked the night before. which i find to be a even a bigger pres gain rate then bombing..

Email Borgie
shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-29 21:33   
What are you guys gonna do when the next noob strolls through sol with mirvs? I'm sure you're gonna level Kluth=)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Headshot | Mr. Supervisor
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 21:41   
Dont you just love planetary shields

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-29 22:16   
If you care to look, I've made most of my prestige in my time here in combat; the rest came in assorted other ways, and I like to consider myself a well rounded player. Most of you know me, and if you choose to think of me as a different person because I use MIRVs, so be it.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-11-29 22:23   
mirving isnt ALL you do angel....

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-30 02:34   
Throws a Mirv bomb at jack then yells I win!! I win!!

Email Beast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027681 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR