No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Something funny
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Something funny
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:31   
You know, it is kinda funny when you scroll through the english forum and you see EVERY topic locked that remotely has anything negative posted about Richard or DS. They are so afraid of people knowing the truth about this game and its playability and admin/dev situation. I see alot of them have been deleted. They are trying to hide the fact that if the new players knew what this game was REALLY like in its current state, they would not spend their money to play it. This tells me that 1) the admins (not to forget Richard) are shallow. 2) They want to make bad decisions but don't want the consequences that go with it.

People don't like to be left in the dark. We like to know what is going on. Just keep acting like you are. You admins are just adding to the anger and frustration.

This msg will be locked or deleted also.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:41   
no they locked it to stop the bickering

Email Borgie
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:48   
you know, i wonder why they won't make some kind of program that will autolock/delete messages if the contain some key words like unbalance, mirv, ED etc....

This topic will self destruct in 2 weeks™

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:52   
You guys may think that I hate Richard and the admins but I don,t. I Love this game. I think the world of Richard for trying to run, update and improve this game by himself while running a household. But it is not working. And we are trying to make him realize that. He had to take the job in Austin because all DS players started to unsub because of the patches and gameplay getting worse. Now he just made the situation worse for himself because he will not have the time that he had to work on DS. All we are asking for is for him to hand some of the coding work over to some of the more educated players here that would love to help him so we can get the ball rolling here. I would love to see this game in the #1 ratings but its not going to happen if this continues.

And, another thing that we ask is that you let us speak our minds. You keep locking our posts is only pissing us off more. Stop adding fuel to the fire.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:56   
Quote:

On 2005-11-27 09:41, borgie wrote:
no they locked it to stop the bickering

We can bicker if we want. It is human nature to bicker and disagree.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-27 09:58   
Quote:

On 2005-11-27 09:48, warner_lowcharge wrote:
you know, i wonder why they won't make some kind of program that will autolock/delete messages if the contain some key words like unbalance, mirv, ED etc....

This topic will self destruct in 2 weeks™

Another shallow soul.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-27 10:40   
This is annoying.

Stop making these topics.

Lock it.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-27 11:29   
Just my opionion - inciting disagreements and arguments (i might not have locked it at that point, but im not scythe)
nim started is - flamebait, attacks against a specific player (case could be made that it even violates the roc at a couple points, ie 3.1.3.a and c)
Resent events - flamebait
I.C.C. taking the bie this time - more flaming, bickering, blame/accusation slinging
ICC WH bombing - off topic, repetition ad nausem of previously stated points
GAME ISSUES - gone as far as it was going to

i hate to poke holes in your little conspiracy theory/social vandalism there, but discussions (negative or otherwise) are not expressly prohibited. where we take issue is when whatever potential there is for civil converstation degenerates into a flamewar, when you make personal attacks against a player, when you are no longer discussion in a rational manner. thats what we have issue with.
Quote:

3.1.1 General
DarkSpace is a community.
DarkSpace is more than simply a multi Player game; it is a Community of people who have come together for the purpose of mutual entertainment. As such, acknowledgement of this simple truth and its implications is of paramount importance for all to get the most enjoyment out of their participation in the Community.

All Players should adhere to the Code of Sportsmanship.
As a game involving more than one Player, all Players should abide by this prime rule: Be honest and fair to one another at all times; win well and lose well; and always keep in mind that it IS just a game. Have fun and share it.

do you really feel that tossing whines, insults and bickering like 2year-olds makes you sound intelligent enough to warrent taking seriously? that the staff has nothing better to do that to quash dissention for the explicit reason of retaining as many new players as possible? that we exist solely to lock anythead that expresses any diffence of the mandated opinion?
do you not think that these excessive negitive threads are not in and of themselves a reason why a prospective new player might leave before they acutally play the game and make up their own mind about the gameplay?

Quote:
3.1.3 Harassment

Players may not act in an overtly harassing manner towards other Players and staff.
Some amount of competitive language within the context of the game is acceptable for the conflict-oriented nature of the game itself, but direct personal attacks on other Players (rather than their game personas) will not be tolerated. Stalking and harassing other Players outside the context of the game is also forbidden.

As in any Community, Players are expected to respect one another and the PaleStar/DarkSpace Staff at all times while participating in the game system and its facilities.
Showing blatant and repeated disrespect towards other Players or Staff members is grounds for punitive action, especially right after being warned about poor conduct. Also, Players are discouraged from initiating or participating in any out-of-game-context acts that negatively impact the gaming experience for any other Player.

Quote:

17:42:59 [-GTN-]Shigernafy: "Its his freaking out about anyone locking posts that are clearly inflammatory, inciteful, and negative. Like we really are going to let such flame-bait drivel stand."

i do not find it "funny" that so many threads are being locked, i find it sad, depressing and dissapointing that the community (and its the community, rather than the game, thats posting the threats that get locked) cant hold themselves to collectivly higher standards of decency. i would like to think better the community, that you're better than that, more mature than that. prove me right

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-27 21:19   
Doran 1, everyone else -10

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-27 21:32   
Flame-bait drivel! Flame-bait drivel!

[ This Message was edited by: Kitsune {Starfury} on 2005-11-27 21:33 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-27 22:04   
/me hands Doran the mighty Holy pwnage trophy...

-Ent

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-28 00:13   
blah, i dun cur who's fault it is as long as the guilty party owns up to it bleh

Email GothThug {C?}
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-28 02:11   
Hummm.......

NO Comment

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-28 05:51   
Pardon me for being old and cranky, but where did this fad of posting

"Poster A 1, Others 0"

or some variant thereon come from?

Not to mention the sudden overwhelming fondness everyone seems to have for the word pwned (or some variant thereof).

It seems like half the threads around here are flame-bait drivel (to quote a wise man) and half of the replies to any given post are people referring to pwnage or points gained via pwnage.

Honestly. Say something constructive, or at least original.

Email Shigernafy
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-28 06:37   
Quote:

On 2005-11-28 05:51, Shigernafy wrote:
Pardon me for being old and cranky, but where did this fad of posting

"Poster A 1, Others 0"

or some variant thereon come from?

Not to mention the sudden overwhelming fondness everyone seems to have for the word pwned (or some variant thereof).

It seems like half the threads around here are flame-bait drivel (to quote a wise man) and half of the replies to any given post are people referring to pwnage or points gained via pwnage.

Honestly. Say something constructive, or at least original.

...pwned

Shiggyfluffluptikusranderwiggypoo +1

Everyone else is teh suck -3.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034389 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR