No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Shielded Planets
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Shielded Planets
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-19 20:27   
After a long discussion/debate in the lobby a GREAT idea has came about to fix the MIRVING issues in this patch till F can finish working on the new one. All in favor please post if your not plz dont flame me for suggesting. Just an idea that I heard and liked.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-19 20:44   
What's the great idea?

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-19 21:34   
What that guy said.

Email Tbone
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-19 21:43   
Quote:

On 2005-11-19 20:44, Sopwith Camel wrote:
What's the great idea?

Give everyone the ability to build shielded planets.

Email Smartin
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-19 22:18   
How about just going a patch back on the MIRVING issue...K'luth and UGTO builds can't create shields, but ICC builds stolen can, and can be used by K'luth/UGTO engineers, but the factories and def bases are aligned to the engineer using the build, no matter what type of build it is. Also, making Neutrons do more damage vs. shields than MIRVs might do some good..

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 05:09   
I fyou people haven't noticed yet, planetary shields are somewhat useless against bombers as a frigate can take down 100% shields, destroyer 150% shields and cruisers up the rest should there be any

so yes, give people the ability to build shields. they will just be bombed the same. neutrons will still go through shields so no relief that way either.

Quote:
Also, making Neutrons do more damage vs. shields than MIRVs might do some good..

don't understand this one....neutrons are made to kill infantry and population only, you want to use neutrons to take down shields as well?

and if they should make more damage to shields than neutrons, i guess one would be enough to take 175% shields down to 0% thinking how effective mirvs are.

or you don't want neutrons to go through shields at all? when shields are hit, they instantly begin to recharge you know. so you hit the shields with neutrons on one run and come on another run to take care of pop/inf, but tat that time the shields are allready at some % to stop the bombs again.

only way to get the bombing fixed demands some coding to be done anyway so why not do a proper job, think well what should be done about it and not just giuve others ability to build shields because that doesn't solve the problem of bombs being to powerful.

come one guys, haven't you tried bombing in this patch or what?

try bombing a shielded planet with mirvs, you'll just cut through them like a hot knife through butter

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 05:24   
Frankie, you came after 483 was released. Back then I hardly ever saw an empty planet and almost all had shields on them. In my opinion, that was an immeasurably better way to have the MV than it is now.

As for shields being cut through "like hot butter", shields are meant to fall after continued assault. What it would stop, or at least discourage, is the likes of lone bombers going to planet after planet simply mirving the structures off them for nothing but prestige alone. I am not the only person who is sick of those players.

Kit, I like your idea.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Mandator on 2005-11-20 05:27 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Mandator on 2005-11-20 05:27 ]

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 05:58   
Quote:
Frankie, you came after 483 was released. Back then I hardly ever saw an empty planet and almost all had shields on them. In my opinion, that was an immeasurably better way to have the MV than it is now

true i began playing on this version, but that does not mean i have no idea what the game was like before, infact i do know 1.482 probably even better than you but that has nothing to do with the current issues

many people want a roll-back but it's clearly not coming as faustus has said so, neither will there be any hotfixes unless he decides to do things he has said he won't do.

Quote:
What it would stop, or at least discourage, is the likes of lone bombers going to planet after planet simply mirving the structures off them for nothing but prestige alone.

two ways to do this: improve the shields/defence or nerf the bombs

improving shields would give icc the upper hand and people would whine about it

nerfing bombs...same result

so we come to one more solution, stated by the original poster i guess, give everyone shields.

that would mean we are back to 1,482 in many ways, maby you would like to have flux back the way it was as well?

i believe this patch was made to properly give each faction the abiltiy to control their technology so the idea of giving everyone shields would make this patch useless.

now i wonder how many of you were beta testing, as i know not many were. there these things could have been made to work, but i guess you were to busy capping in mv at that time(yes i know ugto took advantage of this in great measures)

in my opinion, the best thing to do now is the new version will go on beta testing soon and this time people will actually test it

what i believe you people want is: 1.482 without the flux and k'luth cloak actually working. right? maby even the same weapons layout that this patch has but effect of weapons being from 1.482? then k'luth would be good too as the psicannons were actually useful and everyone used them.

what ever you want you can get by testing the posiible beta and giving the dev team ideas/demands

there you go, another bunch of random words, i'll be happy to post some more

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 06:09   
The title of this thread is "Shielded Planets". Not "482 rollback" or "Flux reintroduction" or anything else. If you wish to continue twisting everybody's words or introducing topics that no-one else has even mentioned, by all means, carry on. But I will no longer give any of those types of comments value by replying to them, I don't have the patience, energy or interest to do so.

so we come to one more solution, stated by the original poster i guess, give everyone shields.

Well then, no conflict of opinion.

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 06:48   
heh, you quoted a part of my post, that means you actually read a part of it, but seems you missed the part under it

yes, give everyone shields, but those shields in no way prevent bombing planets to the ground. take one of your bombercruisers, bomb a shielded planet and see what happens. it get's wiped that's what.

merely adding the possibilty to add shields on all faction will have no effect on these lone bombers you so dislike, they will bomb them just the same

you see the solution is not to give everyone shields, something else must be done too

Quote:

this was followed by this:
Quote:
that would mean we are back to 1,482 in many ways, maby you would like to have flux back the way it was as well?

meaning you liked the posssibilty to have shields on your planets in 1.482 and think they would help you in this version too, but face it SHIELDS ARE USELESS. the flux part was just added to remind the previous patch had it's flaws too

forgot this one:

Quote:
How about just going a patch back on the MIRVING issue

now who wasn't talking about a rollback?

[ This Message was edited by: Frankieboy on 2005-11-20 07:09 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 21:31   
I am not saying this will prevent planets from being lvled to the gournd. I am saying I beleive it will help discourage it. It will take more work and longer or a fleet. Never mentioned role back, just an idea. If no one goes for oh well. I beleive its better to post and try then to just let the complaining continue.

Email Smartin
JolesMan
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-20 21:38   
I Agree. Give the ability to mount other faction's builds on all engineers back.

Goto the website of JolesMan
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-20 23:01   
Quote:

heh, you quoted a part of my post, that means you actually read a part of it, but seems you missed the part under it

yes, give everyone shields, but those shields in no way prevent bombing planets to the ground. take one of your bombercruisers, bomb a shielded planet and see what happens. it get's wiped that's what.

merely adding the possibilty to add shields on all faction will have no effect on these lone bombers you so dislike, they will bomb them just the same

Your right, giving everyone shields would be worthless anyways unless we fixed the mirving issue too - as stated by Kit.

Quote:

Quote:

this was followed by this:
Quote:

meaning you liked the posssibilty to have shields on your planets in 1.482 and think they would help you in this version too, but face it SHIELDS ARE USELESS. the flux part was just added to remind the previous patch had it's flaws too

Frankie, that would be accurrate except for one itty bitty problem.

If shields are useless. then why does every ICC planet I see have 150% shields aye? Indeed if they were worthless, you wouldent use them would you?

The flux last patch was indeed a flaw - shields were not. Shields last patch were invaluable in the survival of planets. It meant that it would take a fleet to capture a planet.

If indeed you were here in 1.482 - you would know that.

Quote:

Quote:
How about just going a patch back on the MIRVING issue

now who wasn't talking about a rollback?

This is referring to the 'rollback to a mirv that isnt as powerful as this one' not 'rollback an entire version'.

IMO - having shields on a planets alone wont do enough - we need to reduce both Neutron and Mirv strength down to, if not less, than 1.482 levels.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2005-11-20 23:04 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-21 00:48   
for once i will agree with you ent i seen 3 bombs kill a whole planet that was defending bye icc def. but even with out using mirv boms a command carrier or dred still can drop a sheilded planet solo granted hes near a friendly planet, or do it with a sup ship. . smartin your idea is sound, but i think giving every fraction the same tect would make the game less entertaining since each fraction would be same, just different looks on there ships.

Email Borgie
Paradise Guardian
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-21 01:03   
Great Ideal put shields on all the planets until everything is fixed kool

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028542 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR