Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » some minor questions and requests
 Author some minor questions and requests
2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-16 20:37   
As stated above this is very minor. I am curious, firstly, if fighter bays or sabot rockets have been disgussed recently, and secondly, I am curious as to why the devs felt it necesary to have fighters launch directionaly and if they are considering altering the sabots to make them a more viable weapon. I'm very thankful in advance to whomever adds constructively or answeres these questions.

Email 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan   Goto the website of 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-30 15:25   
Sabots at the moment do a lot of damage and can maul the same class as ship as you. Currently there is a shield bug, so against ICC sometimes damage screws up. As far as fighters...

Eh?

They fire in whatever direction...

2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-01 17:26   
Hmm, didn't know that about sabots, in such a case then my only complaint is that they take a missle slot, which to me makes little sense, as sabots are direct line of fire weapons and realy can't be launched from a missle hardpoint like the ones in this game, i would think, otherwise however I just miss having it take a gun slot... as it's either sabots, or fusion torpedos, leaving many in a dilemma when it comes to close range assault.
About the fighters; I was saying that i missewd them launching in specific directions, I think the balance between realism and usability is sort of tipped right now, I don't see much benefit for the fighters to launch directionaly. For example, the agincourt model has all those uber sweet catapults to launch fighters along, but to my knowldedge the fighters don't look like they're utilizing them as they just launch in whatever direction (however i am aware it would look a spec odd if the agincourt was turning, but that aside.)

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-15 14:39   
its a game...not supposed to be real...and i thik if u tried to make it seem more real that the end result would be more lag....laggin to load the coding needed to use the fireing sequences and to aim the fighter craft at the ship, and since some ships have 10 fighters slots, this would be 30-40 fighters trying to do that at the same time....woldnt work out very well....

2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-15 16:31   
actualy, it would propably just be one variable to be sent to the server from the client, not even if the server uses 1 or 2 lines of code to set the direction to its origenator's direction and I don't see how 10 fighter bays would mean 30-40 fighters doing this at once (by the laws of this games code, only 10 fighters can be launched at once, this code would be performed at the first instance of running it (launch only). Thusly lag would be negligable (however the swarms of fighters flting around would be and is the primary source (I'm lookin' at you, planet defenses.)

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-16 14:26   
dont forget the MD's and stations....lol....im just saying that if u have a fleet of ships with more than 5 dreads, as soon as they launch 1 squad, the mv will have a ping of about 10000k lol...not literally but i think u get what im saying....

Page created in 0.013177 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR