No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » GAME ISSUES
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author GAME ISSUES
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-16 22:22   
Quote:

On 2005-11-16 22:10, Veronw wrote:
heh, i agrre that pickets and ED's need to me removed, i also agree that we need some feedback form the dev crew, i do agree that the icc/luth always hit the ugto and I would like to add the most abundent way the icc/luth attack ugto is with a dictor. Maybe a dessy will start it but almost as soon as a dessy engages something bigger, a dictor appears and wipes u out. I mean i have died 4 times today due to a dictor ambush so im down to 1 modded ship, and even then im iffy to go into combat anymore. If u guys want fights, leave the dictors for the planets, or simply get rid of dictor ships.

and like yall don't do the same, dictors keep ya from running, giving us the rightful kill. i look at it like this go in to combat and expect to be killed not to live and tell about it. hell yesterday i lost 2 cc,and 3 combat dreds and bomber dred ... so i know how ya feel but, that still don't stop me from charging in to battle when i need to

Email Borgie
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-16 23:06   
These topics are debated over and over again. Same ideas are reiterated, same arguments.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-16 23:54   
Quote:

On 2005-11-16 22:10, Veronw wrote:
heh, i agrre that pickets and ED's need to me removed, i also agree that we need some feedback form the dev crew, i do agree that the icc/luth always hit the ugto and I would like to add the most abundent way the icc/luth attack ugto is with a dictor. Maybe a dessy will start it but almost as soon as a dessy engages something bigger, a dictor appears and wipes u out. I mean i have died 4 times today due to a dictor ambush so im down to 1 modded ship, and even then im iffy to go into combat anymore. If u guys want fights, leave the dictors for the planets, or simply get rid of dictor ships.

Holy crap....lol...This is just getting confusing. Get rid of dictor, dont bomb, dont hit and run....maybe i should just sit around and mine all day. I tell you what i will just jump in take the damage maybe die and come back for more. Come on...the game isnt spouse to be easy. Yes I do fly a dictor...deal with it. I am kluth shouldn't be hard to kill me right?

As far as mriving goes. As long as the revenge excuse keeps going the mirving will never end. If everyone is out for revenge it will never end...

Practice Safe Nueting

I fight ICC everday ask anyone for Fatal we have had some good ones.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2005-11-16 23:56 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-17 01:08   
well seems its time for a change, so i will do it the other way around.
Thanks to Ants and Smartin for being special, to Smartin for neuting, to Ants for a nice few hours of combat, without a dessy. It was nice to fight:)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-17 01:14   
Quote:

Do you know what... Blame FS blame ICARUS blame who ever you want and stop complaning

Were all sick of it and were doing what we can to even out the game so YOU "UGTO" thats all of you little "BABIES" "that only the ones like the person with this post" that just hjave to cry because your not winning... We Defend our planets... our space and yes WE do bomb for the reasions as to be you jump in fight for the time you JD kicks in and run then log. You all complain about our EDs and as me and ENT have come to the conclusion and like everyone else knows there sheilds are overpowered for the ship, so in that aspect Iv gotten alot off ICC and FS members to not use them but wait you still have something else to complane about....

Heres the bottom line Were here to fight.. you dont fight the game is also to bomb.. and build... and well HAVE FUN.

So when you come back no71171 i hope you like the game better but Please stop complaning about every little thing in the game and just play.....

You know Ants, your really not proving your position at all here.

Im like no in the post myself - yeah im sick of it. Im pretty sure we all are. See he - like you, and the rest of ICC, is trying to have fun. 'Fun' indeed, doesn't necessarily mean winning - and thats especially true with many I know on UGTO. 'Fun' means enjoying playing the game - whether it be losing or winning.

Now, with the majority of UGTO players I know, and discussed this with, the main, and above all, simplest reason for these 'whiney' complaints is that we want a fair atmosphere where everyone has fun.

no, here, isn't complaining about not winning. Infact, I think that was the very last thing that anyone can assume what he was saying. Going under the assumption was not the wisest of choices - mostly because not one single place in his post does it mention anything about winning.

Now with that settled - infact no here was simply saying, your constant mirving is not making it enjoyable, simply for the fact, that he has to spend all day rebuilding (because not everyone else can always) only to have to leveled the next day. Again, nothing to do with winning, but enjoyment.

Bombing, has been a long running issue since this patch release - its nothing new, and we all know the sides. But this patch is the only one where a faction actually goes to the same systems - every day - and levels the planets, rather than neutron and capture them, or start at the fringes and actually try to capture the space, instead its go into the enemys homesystem, nuke, leave, build nothing.

All factions, are guilty of this in some way.

All factions, have complained about it, in someway - this isn't merely UGTO disliking these actions.

Now, there is really no real 'reason' to nuke the same inner UGTO systems everyday except for either prestige or just to aggervate the living crap out of those who have to rebuild. Just because ICC 'loves to build' as Borgie put it, does not mean that UGTO does.

Also on that note, Borgie, using the 'they attacked as long ago' as an excuse kinda fails when the fact is that was the retalliation against ICC for nuking all UGTO systems non-stop for neigh 2 weeks - so please, better excuses.

However on the ED issue, this has been discussed multiple times. Many may argue the pickets are just as bad, but they're not - but they are imbalenced. UGTO PD's are not as deadly for the fact they don't quite have the duribility of ED's.

As for ED's themselves, yeah shields are overpowered, or weapons are just weaker, in either case, something needs to be done about them. As it stands the amount of effort it takes to take down a destroyer of either ICC or UGTO factions is completely ridiculous - in every sense. And as Ants said, yeah, we agreed on this.

But I bring forth another comment, something that has been nicking at my head for some time now.

Yes this is about EDs, and smaller ships in general - and im going to use the most factual parts as possible in explaining this.

Not a few months ago there was a long, heated debate about the roles of ships in the game. In the end it wasn't really settled, but each side of the argument was mutally true.

In such case as it stands, these two arguments both support and deny the balence of Destroyers and the smaller classes of ships, but this might not matter much if such conditions are met the right way, as it was in pre-1.480.

Combining both arguments would be that skill would play a factor, but ships would still be limited enough that it would require teamwork.

Now this is the part where I hope to god that it is read clearly and thouroughly as to not allow confusion. If you do not read this, I will quote it and use it against you if you should demonstrate that you hadn't.

Its a simple concept. A class of ship can only efficently destroy a ship of the same class, one lower, one higher than it., but any higher or lower class would not be as efficient.

What does this mean? It means that say for instance a destroyer could efficently destroy another destroyer with its weapons, but have the ability to destroy frigates and cruisers, but not as easy as they could destroyers.

This would also mean that destroyers would have an even harder time destroying scouts and dreadnoughts and stations, as each lower and higher class means its more difficult.

This works both ways as well. A Dreadnought, can efficently kill a dreadnought, but not so easily a station or cruiser and below.

You may ask, how does this work?

Well 'efficency' refers to the damage/time ratio of the weapons/armor/speed etc. of ships. The reason why a Destroyer woulden't be able to efficently destroy a Dreadnought is because, its weapons are faster fireing, but less damage and has a hard time breaking through Dreadnought armor.

But a Dreadnought may have the firepower to kill a Destroyer in a few hits, but can't because the destroyer is fast, light, and speedy, while the guns on the Dread are big, slow, and long reloads.

This would mean that:

Scouts - would be too weak for anything but being able to do their role - scouting.

Frigates - would be small enough to avoid enemy fire but serve as excellent support for larger vessels.

Destroyers - would be the premier supporting ships, able to take on light raids, and in numbers, take down larger targets.

Cruisers - would be the backbone of fleets, providing most of the firepower in combination with averge speed and defences.

Dreadnoughts - would be the heavy hitters, designed for planetary defence as well as assault, but do not fare well alone.

Stations - would be a sight to stay away from, packing the firepower and defences necessary for system capture.

--

This effectively means, no one gets an advantage, no one gets a disadvantage (vs. wise).

But how does this work? What would allow these things to happen?

Well the solution is there, but would take alot of tinkering with the values - and then we need to take into account each factions personal strengths.

Such is the order of progression, that more defences mean less speed, more weapons mean less defences, more speed means less defences, more range means less damage, and the tradeoffs go on.

Also important, is that smaller ships have more EW slots than larger ships.
However, larger ships would have more generators than smaller ships.

This means with all this, the higher your class, the less speed you have, the more defences you gain, the less EW you have, the more energy you have, the more weapons you have.

While the lower the class, the faster your speed, the less defences you have, the more EW you have, and the less energy to work with - but, enough to fufill its role.

As for factional benefits :

ICC has more defences, less speed, longer ranged weapons but less burst damage and the most energy conservative.

UGTO has average defences, average speed, medium ranged weapons, average damage, the best damage over time, and the most energy, but horrible conservation.

Kluth have weak defences, high speed, short ranged weapons, with very high damage, the highest burst damage, but also the least energy - but enough to get the job done.

One may argue, this puts newbies at a disadvantage. However, I have to say this : everyone starts out rough. Everyone goes through the first steps hard, but that is no reason to give newbies unneccessary advantage that when they are no longer newbies, still rely on.

As for core weapons being the 'problem of nuking many small ships' a simple solution would be the removal of them, as I myself, never wanted them in the first place.

...long post eh? Well this is something that needs to be said. There are many misconceptions, but this is a concept which I hope, no one would be able to find a flaw in - by all means, critise but constructively. If your going to bite my head off, just don't bother posting, and its alot easier just to be helpful rather than defensive.

Instead of yelling at ourselves and argueing all the time, perhaps we can [i]discuss ways to fix the problem, instead of flaming each other on them'.

-Ent

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-17 01:33   
Enterprise is right on that...........wait that was the last release(1482.0) was it not but keep the flux out

01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Forever™ the Nightmare
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-17 02:12   
i have to agree with No... I'm gonna take a break for a while too until things get fixed 'round here. There hasn't even been a news update since friggin pirate day... anyway. peace out ya'll let me know too when there's a patch!

and just a lil hint of advice... if ya'll can't play nice don't play at all and if you don't like the way things are right now then ... guess what... there's this note thats been going around maybe you didn't get it.. it says... stop playing!! Let the abusers frustrate each other. And you know who you are

Email Forever™ the Nightmare
Scotty
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-17 03:39   
This has gone far enough

locked.

Email Scotty
Scotty
Grand Admiral

This has gone far enough

locked.

Email Scotty
Scotty
Grand Admiral

This has gone far enough

locked.

Email Scotty
Scotty
Grand Admiral

This has gone far enough

locked.

Email Scotty
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.013942 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR