No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Put the old timers in thier own verse and let um pick on someone thier own size
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Put the old timers in thier own verse and let um pick on someone thier own size
Fatal Lexington
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-25 22:16   
There needs to be a metaverse where new people are not being picked on constantly by 2 and 3 year players with dreads. they even show up in the Newbie verse to mes with folks as thier trying to learn the game. This lack of a cap on credits and exp points has made the game soooo unbalanced its pethetic. The dreads are runnung off players (CUSTOMERS)$$$$$ before we even get a good feel for the game or any chance of getting a ship that can even hold up long enough to get away. Let the Old timers get capped by eachother ,, Ive heared several ingame complaints about where all the players have gone and how many there use to be. DUH.....

Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-25 22:48   
join up in newbi server. once there, try to do some teamwork to get onto the "old timers" heck, ill use my son's account to help out. boba fett

Email Zepher
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-25 22:56   
Indeed, ive played for a year and a half and fly a dread, not a good one but a dread, but I don't go flying around in other factions territory in it, unless its an operation, then anyone in the way is game. And I had the same problmen when I first started, i got slaughtered by a bunch of K'luth dreadnaughts as a noob.....and the answer is simple, if they fight, grab a dessy and fight back...only way to live lol

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:09   
Quote:

On 2005-10-25 22:16, Morgan L'Fete wrote:
There needs to be a metaverse where new people are not being picked on constantly by 2 and 3 year players with dreads. they even show up in the Newbie verse to mes with folks as thier trying to learn the game. This lack of a cap on credits and exp points has made the game soooo unbalanced its pethetic. The dreads are runnung off players (CUSTOMERS)$$$$$ before we even get a good feel for the game or any chance of getting a ship that can even hold up long enough to get away. Let the Old timers get capped by eachother ,, Ive heared several ingame complaints about where all the players have gone and how many there use to be. DUH.....

This game is extremely unbalanced atm and in a unfair favor to UGTO. There is only so much bombing one can take before it becomes extremely dull. Though last night I did watch fireants and boogie(sorry if I have your name wrong) take out a ugto station with an icc frig and scout. I was cheering them on, so noobs with only scout and frig options AS ICC can still do some damage(you can't do this as Kluth.) Kluth is just useless atm and we are going to lose even more kluth players if some balance is not brought to the table. This is not a laughing matter because soon it will be only UGTO players and how fun is that going to be? Unless something is done for kluth this upcoming patch to help balance them out, you are going to lose more than just new players. Just a heads up.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:34   
Quote:

On 2005-10-26 11:09, shine wrote:
... in a unfair favor to UGTO. ... take out a ugto station with an icc frig and scout.

right, because ugto have such a huge advantage.
i guess that means that if a icc station got shot up by a ugto scout and frigate that would mean that icc has the advantage, yes?

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:48   
I'm sure a ugto frig and scout can take out an icc station....mute point. I'm talking to the higher-ups pulling the strings. Kluth is getting a boot outta the game.

Email shine
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-10-26 12:47   
well on the defence on ants and the station was parked at a 13 def planet and the planet did most of the work for us there

Email Borgie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-10-26 12:49   
Quote:

On 2005-10-25 22:56, Veronw wrote:
Indeed, ive played for a year and a half and fly a dread, not a good one but a dread, but I don't go flying around in other factions territory in it, unless its an operation, then anyone in the way is game. And I had the same problmen when I first started, i got slaughtered by a bunch of K'luth dreadnaughts as a noob.....and the answer is simple, if they fight, grab a dessy and fight back...only way to live lol

yep and when the ugto come a knocking i grab my "uber" sheild frigate as enterprise likes to call it

Email Borgie
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-10-26 13:23   
Quote:

On 2005-10-25 22:16, Morgan L'Fete wrote:

How about we put you in your own personal server so you can play with yourself.

Really.

... No, not really.

Email Ramius
Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-26 13:31   
I....
Don't care.

Seriously, if you want to "put the old timers in thier own verse", then go ahead and try. If you want to gripe about the game, and not play it..
Then I will ask you kindly to leave. Or just stop griping, I know there are some problems, but you can just deal with them. Go join the K'luth or ICC and try to pwn some Uggies.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-26 16:05   
It's hard to hear the silent Puny...especially when you only have ugto speaking into Faustus's ear.

Email shine
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-26 16:37   
Actually, no one is speaking into Faustus' ear apparently...

Email Bobamelius
JolesMan
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-26 16:53   
A message to the creator of this topic. I think you should find an experienced player and ask them for advice. Depending on what faction you are, if you mod out just the right destroyer, frigate, or corvette you can take out a dread with the proper technique and skills.

For example.

Being UGTO , if I mod out an Assult Corvette with ECM, replace the lasers with particle cannons, add a beacon, lvl everything up as high as it can go, I have a fast and effect combat ship.

On the other hand if I fail to mod an Assult Corvette before going into battle, space dust might kill me before I even get to battle.

Also, if you look at my kill-to-death ratio you'll notice I've been killed a lot more than I've killed. That's normal, trust me lol, if one thing is certain in this game it is you are going to die.

Also...

ICC planets are the hardest planets to bomb because of the shields and point defence, you have to actually follow your bombs in. UGTO and Kluth planets are the easiest and can be easily taken from 1000 GU out under ECM protection using a simple cloud bomb technique.

Fighting ICC in general sucks because you don't get prestige for shield damage, which is most of the fighting. ICC get prestige every time they hit UGTO or Kluth players.

I absolutely LOVE this game. I play it everyday. I think the bugs and unbalanced feel give it a "real life" prespective. IF this were real life your jump drive wouldn't always work, it would bug out. Nim is like the fix it man for the MV. He knows how to get around any bug. Thnx Nim.

The reason you probably think UGTO have an advantage is because we just purely out number the other factions in having people in the MV at this time. I'm sure in a couple days/weeks/months a different faction will take over most of the MV. Life is circular like that.

All-in-All Dark Space is the best game I've ever played. I give major props to all involved.

In my years of playing there is one thing I liked much more before; being able to mount ICC, UGTO, or Kluth builds on any engineer. I loved that because it kept you guessing about what planets had what defence on them. It also made moding your ship more exciting because you could build ICC, UGTO, and Kluth facs on your mod planet.

ICARUS out.

Goto the website of JolesMan
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-10-26 18:35   
Quote:

On 2005-10-25 22:56, Veronw wrote:
i got slaughtered by a bunch of K'luth dreadnaughts as a noob.....and the answer is simple, if they fight, grab a dessy and fight back...only way to live lol

Bad, bad idea! (if you're a newbie)

Oh, and about the title..technically, the metaverse *is* the old timer's "verse". Where else would they go, after all? To the newbie?
The outlook is that newbies are advised to stay and play in newbie before gaining enough experience to play in the metaverse along bigger ships. I understand the metaverse is a totally different style of playing Darkspace, and that newbie can become mundane...but just play smart in the MV, and you'll be safe. Stick with larger allied ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Starfury {Sparta} on 2005-10-26 19:00 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-26 20:06   
Quote:

For example.

Being UGTO , if I mod out an Assult Corvette with ECM, replace the lasers with particle cannons, add a beacon, lvl everything up as high as it can go, I have a fast and effect combat ship.

I don't mean to be an idiot, but that means just replace the laser with a beacon

You being a commander, I am fully confident that you have all the resources ship-wise to be fairly competant in the metaverse. Needing the '2/3 year old dreads' to leave to be able to enjoy the game suggests(!) that you could refine your playing skills; Me currently being a midshipman (for now, at least), I find the dreads easy enough to fight (not easy.. just not painfully hard...) that I don't get killed every 5 minutes, so being 5 ranks above that (?), you shouldn't find it that difficult.

Email Light-of-Aurora
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028457 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR