No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » You are cordially invited!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author You are cordially invited!
Kaos=KG=
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-22 12:27   
Quote:

On 2005-10-22 03:01, Ragglock wrote:
as many as can just show up.

you can think of these sessions as prelude to when the actuly testing of the new version starts.

see this as your chance to wrickle out installing the beta and make some test runs , im sure someone can be there if anyone need help installing or setting up.

anyway testing is free and dont afect your regular profile , so this is allso your chance to actuly self-d thos 10 stations or try to land your dred on a planet see how that goes

i would surgest that next weeks session got cut by 2 hours 8 pm is late for me its 03.00 am 5 - 6 pm would probaly suite me and others from EU region better

HKG!

TY Rag and the rest of you for your support and critisizms. I dont believe that there is NOTHING to test. As its been stated the basics of the code as they are implimented now is something. The client itself for future full scale testing. And why not test it as is then when something gets added in the future and something added to the new code screws up something in the old well be johnny on the spot to make sure the issue gets addressed.

Quote:

i would surgest that next weeks session got cut by 2 hours 8 pm is late for me its 03.00 am 5 - 6 pm would probaly suite me and others from EU region better

Dully Noted tho I believe I like the possible 4 hr time as it does give a chance for a cross-section (time zone) to catch up to everyone else. Its possible if we decide to go with a weekly event on this issue we could accomodate EU one week everyone else the next. Whatever it takes to get the most people testing at any given time Im all for it.
Lastly on the issue of Pres Transfer. Once youve logged into the Beta you can request a Pres Transfer for release to Beta using the appropriate thread in the forum. Its my hope with a specific time and date regularly posted this will help in this matter as an Admin could set aside the time to facilitate these transfers instead of having a trans here and a trans there.
So maybe just maybe we can have an admin available to help this week and in the future.

Again ty all for your support and I cant wait to have some FUN in beta!

=KG=Thugg=CO=
'Im just in it for the food'

'Im just in it for the food'

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-22 14:43   
If you want to get in the habit of testing, then sure; go for it. The only changes that have been so far uploaded to beta are incomplete, however - so the testing will be mostly in vain in terms of commenting on the changes.

Also, unless we're taking out modding (could be, I honestly have no idea) there's not much point in testing unmodded ships, either, since nobody ever flies them if you can upgrade them. When was the last time you flew an unmodded ship (ok, save for maybe a quick tranny run/supply run)?

But despite all that, if you want to play in beta, you're welcome to do so as long as the server's up. Just don't think of it as a finished product.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009401 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR