No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [Petition] Prestige Recalculations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Petition] Prestige Recalculations
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-04 05:38   
I havnt bombed in 1.483, why should I lose my prestige when I havnt abused the bombing bug?

Same goes for other people who havnt bombed.

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 06:21   
Enterprise's premise is that bombing should be less appealing, and engineering MORE appealing. So, if you had done a lot of engineering, it should actually even out.

Which is why he's getting quite a bit of support on his post

We are many. We are one.

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 07:12   
Gah, cant believe im actually going to write something in these threads...

The reason I DONT think anything will be changed is simple, you dont just hit the people that have Mirved a lot, you also hit the ones that have used neutrons a lot and gained a lot of prestige with that.

From what i can understand from all these nonsence postes that have been lately, Mirving is considered bad and "Neuting" considered good. So how do you justify that someone looses say 3000 pres which he/she gained "Neuting" simply because some other guy made 20000 pres in a week Mirving?

Now, changing the way prestige is calculated is in my mind also, not the way to go. The Mirvs are being FIXED with the next patch so once that is done, all these "fixes" you are suggesting will be null and void and people will want the old calculations back.

There will always be people that go "I dont like this and I dont like that" and all i can say is STOP LISTENING TO THEM! YES the game has a few glitches atm but you know what, ENJOY IT, because they arent going to be around for long so you guys can sit back and relax because honestly, these kinds of posts are really getting on my nerves.

YOU have been over this MANY times, YOU have given many reasons to why WE should change EVERYTHING to accomodate YOURE needs. So what if someone has gained GA in 2 days, just means you'll have one easy station to kill out there so buck up and live with it!

Val signing out

Email Valerius{DK}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-04 08:28   
Wow... I completely and whole heartedly agree with this.

The reduction in the prestige gained for bombing is a brilliant idea. And in reality, it would set people who have properly rounded profiles back to where they are supposed to be - because if you remember about a month or so ago everyone got some free prestige because of the changes in the resources lost calculations & totals. An absolutely brilliant idea!

This will not only set those players with well rounded profiles back where they should be, prestige wise, but it will also very quickly sort out who was abusing bombing & who wasn't. In the rare case like Crim, while yes most of his pres is from bombing, he also has enough other stats to compensate, and as well as that he has proven that his bombing prestige wasn't whored out but rather was earned (most of it ) so that regaining the prestige lost from the change wouldn't proove too difficult.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-04 09:43   
there would be a whole lot less empty planets if Midshipmen men had an engy ...

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-04 09:58   
Quote:

The reason I DONT think anything will be changed is simple, you dont just hit the people that have Mirved a lot, you also hit the ones that have used neutrons a lot and gained a lot of prestige with that.

Oh but I can't because those people actually capture and hold the planets they bomb.

Quote:

From what i can understand from all these nonsence postes that have been lately, Mirving is considered bad and "Neuting" considered good. So how do you justify that someone looses say 3000 pres which he/she gained "Neuting" simply because some other guy made 20000 pres in a week Mirving?

Blame it on them, of course. If people hadn't abused it so much, then there would be no need for this to happen.

Quote:

Now, changing the way prestige is calculated is in my mind also, not the way to go. The Mirvs are being FIXED with the next patch so once that is done, all these "fixes" you are suggesting will be null and void and people will want the old calculations back.

And that single line of change in code will go a long way now for a patch a few months now.

Quote:

There will always be people that go "I dont like this and I dont like that" and all i can say is STOP LISTENING TO THEM! YES the game has a few glitches atm but you know what, ENJOY IT, because they arent going to be around for long so you guys can sit back and relax because honestly, these kinds of posts are really getting on my nerves.

Just like how I have to log in every day and find that some other pain in the ass whore decided he wanted to level 3 systems over the night.

Im sorry, were supposed to enjoy the fact that we have to spend all day building how?

Quote:

YOU have been over this MANY times, YOU have given many reasons to why WE should change EVERYTHING to accomodate YOURE needs. So what if someone has gained GA in 2 days, just means you'll have one easy station to kill out there so buck up and live with it!

Val signing out

Its not only my needs, I don't really know about you, but you really likely only read the first part, I doubt highly you read it all the way
through, and I doubt you gave it your full, unbiased attention, so perhaps you should go back and reread a bit.

In this case no, its not just my needs. In this case, its unduly about everyones. For those who of us who are above nearly always getting in a bomber and leveling system after system, and generally stuck with the task of cleanup, we do not find living with it okay.

Maybe you haven't played enough this patch to experience it Val, maybe you just have had no idea what its like to wake up everymorning to same old crap, and maybe you just don't know the extent of what people gain from this "small glitch".

Oh, and tell Faustus "so what if someone made GA in 2 days".

-Ent

*P.S. And brownie points for Arcanum, he hit it right on the nail. Make capping and building more appealing, make bombing less appealing.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-09-04 14:01 ]

The Mark
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 10:03   
Wow, really interesting reading.

I'm tempted to agree with Enterprise, but some of the counter-points that others made make some sense as well.

Ok.......I think that bombs and their pres should be toned down, and maybe engineering pres raised so that you get the same amount of pres per min for building that you do for bombing....even things out. This would seem a possible fix to the "bomb pres whoreing" that people keep talking about......If you got the same for building as you did for bombing....

I hear from various sources that the bombing problem will be fixed in the next version.....this is good.......however, does anyone know HOW it's going to be fixed exactly. As in, is the dmg of bombs going to be toned down? Or is the amount of splash dmg from the bombs point of impact going to be toned down? These are some of the things I thought might help, even though I have no idea what kind of coding challanges they might cause.

(Note: I may have missed something in the forums about how it's going be fixed, feel free to point it out.)

About the fact that neutron bombing is considered "good" by some.....well, I think that I would consider it good when compared to complete distruction of a planet, and at least someone dosen't have to spend 2 hrs rebuilding it again.

After thinking about it for a bit, I think that Enterprise's idea to have bombing pres be less if you destroy more buildings might be a good idea......but if bombing and building are evened out, what would be the point?........of course, evening them out was my idea (i think), so it might not happen.

Anyway........some fixes are needed, but it's not only in bombing (though I will admit that is the most important one atm).

And............../me thanks fastus and all the other people who work on this game (sorry, I' not sure who you are) for all their hard work and their ability to put up with and (amazing, this is) even listen to people like me who think they have the answers to all the problems in the game but have no idea about how to implement them.

/me salutes the Devs

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 10:49   
I like Ent's suggestion. I don't really like reading his LONG ass posts but this one had my attention and was worth reading. The bombing was the main reason I left the game untill recently. I'm so tired of building a planet with lvl 15 def only to have it wiped with one pass. I'm tired of trying to teach noobs how to build a planet only to have some ass come and mirv it in the midst of compleation and not haveing enough time on noob map to build it again. Makeing the people CAP the planet with their own inf will make it harder for them to destroy others' hard work. Not to mention make the game a bit more challenging and fun to go with it. Richard has listened to alot of stupid ass people here with their stupid ass suggestions. But this I think he might consider. At least I hope he does. Ent, I salute you on this one! Bravo buddy!

I must admit that I have taken advantage of the mirv bombing but in retaliation only and never have I doen this on mv. I haven't been on mv since I have been back.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-04 11:08   
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 06:21, Arcanum {C?} wrote:
Enterprise's premise is that bombing should be less appealing, and engineering MORE appealing. So, if you had done a lot of engineering, it should actually even out.

Which is why he's getting quite a bit of support on his post

Why thats ok, your still hitting people who havnt bombed atall this patch. Your infact doing more damage to the people who havnt bombed.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-09-04 11:41 ]

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-04 12:13   
NO...No way in hell am i gonna just sit by and loose a TON of pres just because this version ruined bombing..YES I AM SELFISH...so would you if u have a lot of bombing points. I personally got allmost all my bombing points from last ver and gained prob 500pres mirving (fighter bombing) in this version) and lost 1000's of ships to lag and enemy by bombing.... (I dont care about the rare days which u decided to bomb and maybe died once to lag).

Sure I would still be GA even if I loose all my bombing points..but the point is I DONT want to..those are hardearned pres and timeconsuming work

Its not my or others damn fault that this game wasnt fixed all this time..how long has it been since the dev's realised the problem? 2 months? Its not the bloody players fault that the game is broken and left ignored...and dont fraking tell me the dev's been trying to fix the damn bombs...tell them to take their time and actually reply to these threads and tell the 'paying' customers what going on instead of completely ignoring.... (Yes I know they are working on the next version..but I dont care about the next, i care about the current like I did the last version (which imo would have been perfect without the flux and overpowerd elf and AC)

Tell the dev's to fix the bombs and dont whine just because others abused the mirv...we prob all know who they r and we know they r noobish

I'm personally getting sick of all these posts as well...part of the reason i quit ds...

and ENT if you cant take this mirv business just bloody quit till next version....

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 12:17   
Jack - Never agreed with Enterprise. I'm merely explaining his premise, and suggesting my thoughts on why the idea is so popular.

Personally, I thought that my two suggested formulae for prestige recalculation yielded the solution which penalizes most those who need to be penalized WHILE protecting those who need to be protected.

The details can be found here.

@Jack - If you do read this, just..uh..ignore the comments at the beginning of the post to enhance your reading pleasure.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-09-04 12:21 ]

We are many. We are one.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-04 12:46   
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 12:17, Arcanum {C?} wrote:
Jack - Never agreed with Enterprise. I'm merely explaining his premise, and suggesting my thoughts on why the idea is so popular.

Personally, I thought that my two suggested formulae for prestige recalculation yielded the solution which penalizes most those who need to be penalized WHILE protecting those who need to be protected.

The details can be found here.

@Jack - If you do read this, just..uh..ignore the comments at the beginning of the post to enhance your reading pleasure.

Quote:

...Perfect for the author, maybe, since he has practically not played the game since 1.483, compared to some others who have spent countless hours.

Im sorry, thats bull, and anyone who has played this game knows that.

Im not going to bother reading the rest of the post if you start off with false facts...

I never said you agree'd with Ent, I just said "Why thats "OK", it still hurts people who havnt bombed this version".

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-09-04 12:47 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-04 13:05   
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 12:13, Nim {C?} wrote:
..YES I AM SELFISH...

Case proven, sealed, closed, and now proven!

-Ent

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-04 13:12   
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 13:05, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-09-04 12:13, Nim {C?} wrote:
..YES I AM SELFISH...

Case proven, sealed, closed, and now proven!

-Ent

Meh...you are an ignorant fool who quotes insignificant things and miss the rest of the post...

who wouldnt be selfish if they stand to loose a lot of pres (unlike you)

yay the flame war has started

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 13:49   
ya, ya... fixed next version... great way to run a buisness... all im saying is going from one set of bugs to all new worse bugs is not an improvment and should not be graceing the screens of paying costomers...

let me count the ways...

1) bombing... one man bombing can still be done do to stations haveing JD's/fighters bombers and performing fighter stack... one man bombing can still be done do to bombs doing way to much damage...
still trying to figure out why we have bomber dreads and why command dreads have bombs on them... bomber dreads go against the one man cap... command ships are not bombers (anything but a bomber would be more fitting)

2) for some of us we cannt fly faster ships... if i get into anything smaller than a dread (though i have had this happen in a dread, just less often than the lower classes) it seems that my client and the server dont have my ship in the same location (ie. client has me 500gu away from a planet and boom)... related, ship damage does not display right... last time it was hull 87%... hit tab to follow mode to see if my path is clear... hull 81%... hit shift and go to hit j and boom dispite the client telling me that i still have a hull...

3) all damage going to the front arc dispite where the impacts are occuring... lost count on how many stations ive lost...

4) ships dieing in one alpha (one of the things that was to be in this RC that never was due to haste in getting it out the door)

5) ship layouts and slot numbers... some ships dont have enough wepons to get the job done... some ships have far to many cannon or torps... some ships are laughable (no desernable use, little wepons little armor, no ecm slots)... some ships are far too lightly armored to perform their job (supplys)... some ship layouts are just plane wrong... some items cannt be put on some ships dispite there being a slot...

even knowing about the bugs does not save me... all it does is put me in a station with me hopeing that the front armor bug is not going to get me (to bad it hits me nearly every time)

so i say fix it... come on you jumped all over the auto pilot problems, manul targeting, resorse loss, upgrade system, credit loss, i know im missing more here... so what of the rest of the problems? sorry to say but you put it out there and it is your job to see that it works... like it or not we pay to play and the damned thing should work

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021659 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR