No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [Petition] Prestige Recalculations
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Petition] Prestige Recalculations
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:22   
After a bit of thought, I realize that this post would help, but, would be unfair to those who have properly played the game.

As such, I find I have much better solution to the problem.

Bombing is, in no doubt part of the game. No one can argue that, and no one can really argue that it isn't part of the game cause it has been for a while. However, what can be argued, is the amount of prestige you gain from it.

So my solution is simple : with a few tweaking of prestige calculatons, we can effectively put MirV bombing off the map.

Simply enough, reduce the prestige gained from destroying structures/pop/infantry significanly. As in, reducing it to about 1/5th of its current gain.

This would discourage bombing in many cases, as if you leveled an entire planet, you would gain about 30 prestige for a planet as opposed to around 150.

This would also mean, that, the existing prestige gained from that stat would be only as much as 1/5th as it is. This would mean, if someone had played right and had a well balenced statistic, they woulden't lose too much.

Next on the list, increase the prestige gained by capping planets based only on the amount of structures on it. This would mean, the more of the planet left intact, the more prestige you would gain. The amount gained from caping the planet would be based on the type of planet it is, what kind of structures were on it (high tech the better), and the amount of structures there were.

A Terran planet with a Shipyard and high tech structures at its max would be giving around 60-80 prestige, while a barren planet with basic infrastructure would give only like 5 or 6 prestige. This both encourages keeping planets intact and giving more hosiptable planets a more active role.

And lastly, and most greatly, increase the prestige gained from engineering. And also, remove that annoying bug where you get less prestige the more you build at once. Double the prestige gained, at least, so that a properly built planet at its best would give you 200 or more prestige.

So in effect..this would...

• Discourage mirv bombing prestige whores.
  • Encourage teamwork and fleet activities.
  • Encourage building.
  • Reduce stressing over constant raids.
  • Encourage keeping structures intact.
  • Encorage proper building.
  • Encourage captureing important planets.

And above all, the people who abused it the most will lose the most, while the ones who played properly would get a very little blow.

-Ent

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:35   
Brillant! Signed 150%

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:38   
I agree with all of it, even though I'd be taken down quite a bit in pres...But, some people again, have bombed equaly over time. Me, I've bombed for two years, and have earned what I have, would it be right to take that away? Or take what, oh say, KC has ( If he came back)? Maybe a way to work it in, where the pres you gain, from the time it's implemented, would be cut 1/5th? With that aside, a fraking awsome Idea m8

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:39   
Enterprise - Not sure I quite understand your post. How is this different from reducing everyone's bombing prestige to 20% of its original value? I'm not quite sure how this is different from Jack's original suggestion.

We are many. We are one.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:42   
Im sorry Ent, but you lost me.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-03 22:51   
Quote:

On 2005-09-03 22:39, Arcanum {C?} wrote:
Enterprise - Not sure I quite understand your post. How is this different from reducing everyone's bombing prestige to 20% of its original value? I'm not quite sure how this is different from Jack's original suggestion.

You keep the points you earned., and Im willing to bet its a helluva alot easier to modify the prestige calculation on a single line of code than to reduce every single players prestige point value, and this also prevents it from further happening afterwards.

This also promotes other things, if you did read it at all.

-Ent

Bigwolfe
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-03 23:13   
hmmm, it was very laid out i gotta to admit, but i havn't did much bombing since 1.480 due to no subed and well not subbed lol...i did some bombing today, and it was very easy to gain pres. But in your post how would they make it 1/5 for everyone, wouldn't we all lose pres? if they can gain pres faster than supping, their still do it won't they?

Email Bigwolfe
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 00:00   
Well done. Great thinking Ent!

Signed!

Forever™ the Nightmare
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-04 00:39   
all i can say is that my hard earned bombing prestige had better not be affected as such... i worked hard for that rating... the idea of recaculating the prestige gain is intrigueing i'd say give it a shot. But, i really hope this doesn't screw things up anymore...

Email Forever™ the Nightmare
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-04 00:40   
Ent, I do still think there is a problem with bombing and the boost to peoples profiles will leave a lasting imbalance on a good number of peoples profiles. And there is no doubt in my mind that this is a bug with the Mirvs. But ive also got to point out that in the past Bio bombs were just as bad (back n the day). And now with the choice of neutrons, its just as easy.

As a midshipmen, I can take a bomber scout, level up its 2 ecm and equip it with neutrons and do a good deal of damage to the population and troops in 1 pass. Now I agree that secenario greatly depends on the planet, but there is a measure of inbalance to neutron bombing as well.

And yes i know your point is that bombing in general is broked, and a reduction in people profiles would go along way towards healing the stats and the repercussions of those stats on future DS patches.

but there are people that havent bombed the entire time this patch has been released, either due to inactivity or moral choice. And i dont think its fair to the Vast majority of DS players to roll the clocks back on their stats.

Everyone knew that Cl2ks on Kluth Destroyers were not good, but nobody stoped that. not the first week, or month or year. Not even when people said hey, i wonder why everyone wants to be kluth on this round in the secenario. Or how about in newbie? Anyone ever wonder how many people got Turned off on DS cus people would mod Drainers with Cl2ks and Nuke mines?

I think what im trying to say is that there is no good solution but the one we all want to have happen. And that is the Fix to the bugs. The sooner that happens the better. bcus to me (and i dont speak for anyone else) its just another even in a long line of things that people jumed on to boost their stats. One of the reasons im proud of being a ICC faction member for 3 yrs is that I never went over to the kluth faction to boost my Combat press stat even though that was the place to be. I took my licking day in and day out, Id get fed up and then hop onto FA have a good time and forget about how PB just wiped out a fleet with a few destroyers.

Ent, I know your idea is very well thoughtout, and in a more perfect darkspace itd be the way to go. But I dont think its going to matter to me in the end that someone has 90k more pres in bombing than i do. I used to wonder why i didnt "wise up" and go over to the kluth side then, bio bomb everything and Cl2k up the place. And after awhile i realized that I was ICC bcus i liked haging out with the people there, the ships, and the Tech. (but now im getting off topic)

-Charz

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-04 01:33   
Very wise post Char.

Actually, the main reason here is simply that im tired of it. Tired of getting up every day, tired of comming on, and likely a message on friends or in clan chat would be something very like...

Quote:

* [=CSA=]Crim @74050 sent to Friends: "K'luth just mirved Maurbon.."

And soon afterward to find its not just a planet, its likely that system and the 3 before that one.

Id rather deal with neutrons, because then you just have to wait on population, and you dont have to spend 40 minutes sitting there for it.

I also like neutrons because that means the enemy isn't whoreing off the planet to the point of absurdity.

Now I personally, dont know about you all, but I have bombed very little this patch too, and me, I really could care less if bombing prestige gave no prestige about now, say its because im GA, demote me to FA or AD, and then do it and still wouldent care.

Why? Because right now, Mirving every last damn planet makes it less fun for me, and less fun for the faction, and you know what, im sick of it. Sick of the constant nuking, no capping, prestige whores. And yes, I want them to pay dearly for their abuse, for their selfishness. I want them to suffer in such a way only to be describe as humiliating.

Yes its vile, and I know it is. Im tired of the abuse, the exploits. Its as if people just can't play the game, they can't just have fun shooting at each other, its as if there are just these determined people who just have to grind, and no regard to anyone else.

Yes im tired of it, im pretty sure there are dozens of others who are tired of it too. This is far beyond Kluth with CL2ks, and ECM forting and Flux MDs. This is far beyond any exploit and abuse I have yet to see in my time here. This is nothing short of greifing, and justified by the lamest excuse even the moderators can offer:

Quote:

"Its part of the game."

Who can really justify nuking all the planets, and not even capping it? Who can really, call it worth playing at all, for anyone, to bear such "justifiable" actions. For anyone that can call it part of the game, that is unacceptable, and its unacceptable that anyone is even letting it continue.

I would have thought people getting to FA in less than a month of bomb whoreing would be enough to push for some fix, some deterrant, but I was wrong. Evidently justified, there are still systems barren where they have tread.

There is a difference between bombing, and abusing the fact. This is beyond abuse anymore, because its grief, and it is lame, and it is unfair, and against morality, and it is, even if it is an INTERNET game. We play to have fun, we play, so we all have fun, even if that is having fun losing.

For those, who really want to go out to say its really an okay part of the game and should stay, or even call it justified.

Then go out, and spend every day rebuilding our systems, and defending against bombers. This has been for more than the past few weeks, and I've had enough, DS is not worth the stress its causeing.

So I made this suggestion. Perhaps people stop thinking about themselves a moment, and start thinking about the game. Thinking about how this whole bombing fiasco is ruining the gaming experience for all of us.

And I really take a look at it, and I say, I would rather be a less rank for a month or two than to leave DS because these prestige whores ruined it for me. I earned my bombing prestige just as much as everyone else, and im glad that I earned it, but it can be regained, prestige can always be regained, but that time I come on to have fun cannot.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2005-09-04 01:34 ]

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 03:54   
the highest ive ever got for mirving a planet is 64 pres
ur talkin bpout reducin it to 12 pres almost 30 pres is fine but 12 is a waste of time

Pharoh
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-09-04 04:32   
I agree with most of Ent's Statements but I do not agree with the adjustment of your current stats.

I have done a lot of bombing over the course of my time in DS but you all know that I do a lot of combat as well. My stats are balanced and I don't think that this would be fair to adjust. other that that I agree.

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 04:34   
what of people like me that have nearly 2x bombing pres compared to ships damaged or supply?

if you realy must do something about it then i suggest fixing the problem (the bombs/bombers) not the pres... realy why make changes that dont need to be made in the face of a bug that should have been fixed as soon as it was found... oh no... makeing too much sence...

*runs and hides*

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 04:36   
actually i dont agree with this at all, i do in a way as in mirving should be made MUCH harder it is too easy, mirv power needs to be scaled back not have the pres gain cut. cuz when you work hard to bomb the planet u deserve the pres and i tip my hat to you. so it needs to take much much more bombs to kill a planet . and a reason for cuttin the power significanly is....well.... youve seen it, most space is just plain crap now, mirved planets with nothing, perfect reason to sclae back power. and another thing we need to do is make it much harder for bomber dreads to bomb, i mean its just cheap, a bomber dread jumps, preses b like 2 times lets his armor and shields absorb damge from the planet def, waits for his jd to charge then he jumps away, that is definatley not fair.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024366 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR