No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestion to "tag" a SY planet with the builders name!!!
 Author Suggestion to "tag" a SY planet with the builders name!!!
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 21:49   
getting sick and tired of seing shipyard planets in homesys that doesent even have enough tech to spawn a bloody scout from, some say its intentionally. i say its MORONIC BUILDING of ppl who doesent have a clue about what the heck they are doing.

i dont give a darn what they do with planets that we wont be able to hold on to for long (like deep in enemy space)

BUT MAKE HOMESYS SHIPYARD PLANETS AND THE 2 SURROUNDING 100 TECH U MORONS!!!

so PLEASE!!! make it so ppl can acually SEE who the heck built the planets so we can scream at them when they messed up!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 21:57   
Quote:

On 2005-09-02 21:49, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
getting sick and tired of seing shipyard planets in homesys that doesent even have enough tech to spawn a bloody scout from, some say its intentionally. i say its MORONIC BUILDING of ppl who doesent have a clue about what the heck they are doing.

or just not enough time. perhaps educating new players instead of expecting them to know instantly?

Quote:

so PLEASE!!! make it so ppl can acually SEE who the heck built the planets so we can scream at them when they messed up!

Yes. please insert a feature so we can flame random people for not building up a planet. it's SURE not to cause problems or be labeled as harrasament.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:02   
well, im sorry fatty, but when ur in the MV u acually expect the ppl thats playing there to have been through the newbie server and acually DO have a grasp on how to do things. after all, thats why the newbie server IS there....

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:09   
uh no. There is NOT enough time on MOST noob server maps to properly build a sy planet that has ALL the friggin res needed to spawn a fly. How are they gonna know if when they get COLSE to building up planet, the server resets?

Extend the map times by at least an hour on noob server, put at least 2 planets in each map with ALL resources needed for sy and maybe we will have enough to work with in there to properly teach people what they need to know!

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:16   
no ur right. there probably isnt enough time to properly build a sy planet. but in 3 hours there IS time to get it up and running. atleast enough to get scots and frigates from that planet. wich means they got to know how to get the tech up. right?

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:16   
You do not know the meaning of bad building until you have seen a planet with 32 domes.

We are many. We are one.

*Peanut*
Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:25   
thats a good idea, in f3 mode it shud say ie: 12 out of 32 structures built by [name], so we cud see the idiot who built it wrong

Email *Peanut*
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-02 22:38   
why?! so you can flame them more?! jeeze.

and why are you relying on a *server* to teach people, isntead of *yourself*?

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-03 00:49   
Quote:

On 2005-09-02 22:38, Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) wrote:
why?! so you can flame them more?! jeeze.

and why are you relying on a *server* to teach people, isntead of *yourself*?

Maybe so you know who to slap and show them how to build...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-03 08:20   
FYI

Those are quick access SY's. Nim developed the idea back in 1.482, great idea imo. Just a SY, for quick availability to that system with your GARAGED ships.

Im surprised you didn't know about this Jar Jar...
Being a UGTO player and all...

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-09-03 08:21 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-03 11:08   
Quote:

On 2005-09-02 22:16, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
no ur right. there probably isnt enough time to properly build a sy planet. but in 3 hours there IS time to get it up and running. atleast enough to get scots and frigates from that planet. wich means they got to know how to get the tech up. right?

3 hours eh? I have been playing on noob for the last 2 weeks trying to teach a few people. I know of only 1 map that has a 3 hour time limit on it. Also, with the current mirv situation, it is very difficult for them to get a planet built and keep it for 2 hours! It is also difficult to teach people when the other faction are trigger happy devils that cannot understand the phrase " PLEASE STOP" (some people are the exception). All some want is to destroy anything and everything just to gain rank in order to proceed to the mv. Now those are the people that I presume you are talking about, that go in blind. The only skils they have is a little battle exp and NO building exp. Some do want to learn but are unable to due to a few problems that are mentioned in this post as well as my first post here. Take that into consideration when you go to flame.

12 domes on a planet!!!! That is pretty bad..lmao

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-03 13:33   
Never liked the idea myself, Backslash. Far to often I have heard "somebody get a tranny!!" but NOBODY CAN because there is NO tech.....Oh yeah I know "Get a tranny somwhere else and log for 2 min." yeah...buut we need the tranny NOW.

No tech in the SY in the combat zone? Maybe I can agree

No tech in ANY but a few select planets? Thats just STUPID [PERIOD]

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-03 13:41   
Quote:

On 2005-09-03 13:33, Feralwulf wrote:
Never liked the idea myself, Backslash. Far to often I have heard "somebody get a tranny!!" but NOBODY CAN because there is NO tech.....Oh yeah I know "Get a tranny somwhere else and log for 2 min." yeah...buut we need the tranny NOW.

No tech in the SY in the combat zone? Maybe I can agree

No tech in ANY but a few select planets? Thats just STUPID [PERIOD]

Hello,

The way I used to build was sy planets with 20/30 tech (so you can spawn trannies/bomber frigs)..But only in enemy systems though where the extra defence/barrcks helps more than having 90/100tech..usually after caping the whole system there would be an additinal sy with full tech (in a well defended area)

Nim

EDIT: Heard of something called 'worm hole' feral?

[ This Message was edited by: Nim {C?} on 2005-09-03 13:49 ]

Koenigsritter
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-05 17:09   
Name tagging for planet building could be actually useful, not for flaming but for constructive cridisicm(excuse my spelling but im sure you know what i intend) for those who need it and also for recognition to those who build exceptionally well. some people excell at building in ways others dont, for example, some people are better at balancing "use structure" planets better than they do "defence only" planets, in this manner you could asign specific builders to specific planets for tactical placement.

Page created in 0.026485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR