No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ECCM ping and stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ECCM ping and stuff
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-29 23:43   
ECCM pinging sucks. End of arguement.

Email Bobamelius
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-30 01:04   
Yanno, Arc made a really good well thought out post TILL This statement was made...

Quote:

If ONLY to avoid being associated with frustrated teenagers with diminutive genitalia...please, aim to be a constructive gamer. It WILL make life so much more pleasant for everyone.

Then Arc, you try to save yourself by posting this:

Quote:

Safe Harbour Statement: Once again, the above comments were directed at no one in particular, and were never meant to imply that anyone *cough* should be thought of, or even imagined as, a frustrated teenager with diminutive genitalia..

I hate to say this but BOTH of those statements were targeted at specific peoples.... even if only a few may know whom they are.

If they were truely not directed at anyone why even put them in your post in the first place. It is these kind of statements that give the whole of the DS players a bad name and embarrass the community as a whole. I would hope in future posts you refrain from such comments....

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Forever™ the Nightmare
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-30 02:04   
>.< yea what Rocko said...

oh and Ent it's on buddy.

Email Forever™ the Nightmare
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-30 05:49   
Quote:

On 2005-08-30 01:04, Rocko Willis wrote:
Yanno, Arc made a really good well thought out post TILL This statement was made...

Quote:

If ONLY to avoid being associated with frustrated teenagers with diminutive genitalia...please, aim to be a constructive gamer. It WILL make life so much more pleasant for everyone.

Then Arc, you try to save yourself by posting this:

Quote:

Safe Harbour Statement: Once again, the above comments were directed at no one in particular, and were never meant to imply that anyone *cough* should be thought of, or even imagined as, a frustrated teenager with diminutive genitalia..

I hate to say this but BOTH of those statements were targeted at specific peoples.... even if only a few may know whom they are.

If they were truely not directed at anyone why even put them in your post in the first place. It is these kind of statements that give the whole of the DS players a bad name and embarrass the community as a whole. I would hope in future posts you refrain from such comments....

Rocko - If you have the mindset that I am trying to slander someone, then yes, you could interpret that the comments are in fact targeted towards an individual.

But what if you gave the benefit of the doubt in that those comments are meant as satirical persuasion, to better illustrate how silly it can be to be associated with said type of destructive gamer. Then, the comments are not, in fact, directed to any individual at all. They are merely there to reinforce and emphasize the importance of the argument.

If you read my previous posts, many of them have a satirical edge to them. This is because I believe that the mirror of satire often best illustrates an argument, and is more effective than the constant bickering/whining AND often is more effective than a "well-thought out post" - unfortunately. So, when I try to persuade, I will often use this tool. I understand that satire is a dying form of art/communication, but just because it is rarely used in modern era, those people who use it should not be crucified as slanderous.

If an individual does get offended by reading this, then they are being unfortunately too sensitive, and may have to query themselves as to why they would even identify with such a stereotypical prototype.

I hope this increases your understanding of my style of communication and persuasion, Rocko, even if it rather defeats the elegance of satire when one must explain each turn of phrase.

We are many. We are one.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-30 07:32   
Arcanum, this is the internet mate...

If someone CAN take offence, 90% of the time, they WILL

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-30 08:45   
whoever said that kluth is only being used as a combat pres farm, my reason for fighting kluth:
The reason i prefer to fight Kluth over ICC is simple, i usually dont make it to the hull before someone runs. Meaning i will only damage armor, wich i damage more when fighting kluth, as the dont have shields.
If i was kluth, i would rather fight UGTO to.
Now the reason i fight ICC is because they are defenitly very annoying, easyer to find (duh?) and because they are often the only enemys i see
Personally i think that looking at this, if eccm pinging is killed, the recloack time might be increased a little.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:35   
Quote:

Personally i think that looking at this, if eccm pinging is killed, the recloack time might be increased a little.

Have to disagree with you there, buddy...

Email Bobamelius
Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-30 11:12   
I thought eccm pinging didn't work anymore... I tried and it didn't work for me.

Now excuse me while I go to the corner and cry about the exploit not being available for me.

Email Alien Mastermind
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-30 12:37   
with a little i mean like between 2 and 5 seconds

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-30 14:13   
Quote:

On 2005-08-30 07:32, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Arcanum, this is the internet mate...

If someone CAN take offence, 90% of the time, they WILL

99%...actually - this applies to real life too, if you should so happen have the misfortune of meeting people who take almost everything too seriously, then no matter what the matter is, they will take offense, even if there is nothing offensive to them at all.

-Ent

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-30 15:25   
K'luth organic armor doesn't repair half as quick as it should to be actually usefull in hit&run tactics and it seems like it's got less than half the hitpoints of active shields which can recharge as fast, if not faster than the organic armor since the AHR doesn't affect the armor regeneration rate.

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-04 20:58   
Quote:

On 2005-08-29 22:00, Shigernafy wrote:
I made the mistake of reading half of Pimp's post.

Now Shig, before I say anything else, I should tell you that I love you to death, both as a friend and as a clanmate on many occasions.

But I'm sorry; I have to say this:

If you are going to bash and destroy something that I spent so much time on writing without even reading the entire thing, you might as well NOT post. I know I had some other points that backed up my statements, but due to some rather unfortunate events concerning that post I cannot restate them. Its just fracking stupid to only listen to half of what someone has to say and cut them off before they can finish and systematically destroy what they just argued for.

— Nelson

PS: The reason why I'm bringing this back up is because I was gone from DS playing Fable too much on my Xbox. And Bob please don't kill this post either...no offense, BTW.

[ This Message was edited by: Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} on 2005-09-04 20:59 ]

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 21:14   
The pimp has spoken.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-04 22:29   
I think that was the nerd speaking. The pimp just usually grunts & growls...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-04 23:12   
Quote:

On 2005-08-29 22:00, Shigernafy wrote:
I made the mistake of reading half of Pimp's post.

Life isn't fair, sure; we can all agree to that. However, this is not life; this is supposed to be a pleasant, and pleasurable, escape from life. Thus, I see no reason why we should not hope for fairness. We're trying to make something better than you might always see in life; this underpins a lot of our actions as staff, and game development in general: an escape into a better place. Thus, don't claim that just because you can get away with something exceedingly lame, that you should be lame. Step up; be a better man, and make gaming here enjoyable for everyone, not just the selfish and pres-whoring.

Secondly, there are pratically weekly complaints here that one faction is horribly disadvantaged. However, the faction posting this seems to change. That is: everyone always seems to be claiming that they're losing. But if someone loses, someone wins, right?

The MV map is constantly shifting. Just because you're losing now doesn't mean you will be next week. Develop a new tactic, make an alliance, find more teammates. Do something, anything, except continue to whine on the forums. For better or worse, its not getting you anywhere.

Ok, first of, these aren't "weekly" complains, they're patch-wide complains.
Second, the map is shifting, yes, but, as I said in other posts, it isn't shifting the way it should. It's not influenced by the balance in the ships combat abilities. Bombing is too easy right now, you don't need to assert yourself on the battlefield to gain territory anymore. This argument is therefore null.

Speaking without actually deep thinking all the ramifications of a claim ( MV map shifting as it should ) won't get anyone anywhere too...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020916 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR