No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ECCM ping and stuff
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ECCM ping and stuff
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-29 12:55   
Im very sure many of us agree that this eccm ping stuff is a total exploit it completely annilates the meanin of cloak for luth and all luth are suffering badly cuz of the menacing UGTO that uses this ping, This exploit (YES IT IS N EXPLOIT) should be banned or at least put a stop to....

Several examples of Ugto Eccm ping luth on a bombin run - luth cloaks and no beacons on it and suddendly all the planet defences can see the luth suprised the cloak become useless EVEN WHEN ITS ON AND NO BEACONS ARE ATTACHED TO THE LUTH....now i must say HOW FAIR IS THAT????!?

Not at all fair.......Eccm ping.....This is the only reason we are gettin beaten back and destroyed every day---(also adding Nim's SY bombin thats also beatin us back) but the eccm ping should be stopped.......

Im very sure if this Eccm Ping keeps goin on then proberly the luth Fraction could cease to exsist, hell a few ppl are thinkin bout leavin cuz of this bloody exploit

Currently nearly All UGTO (especially pimpalicious_nerd) usin this EXPLOIT to track cloaked luth ships.....

Cloaked ships are not supposed to be detected by anything, unless beaconed or smoking...... (words from a fellow luth member)

Eccm ping = useless Cloak = helpless luth wonderin WTF hit him and then checkin if he has beacons (no beacons at all used)......

All we ask if u can simply get rid of this exploit or make it forbidden to use in battle......

What gets me is that we are gettin killed by eccm ping and they consider it not to be n Exploit.......WELL IT IS.....

F.......... please sort out this dam exploit.....

AirWolf

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-29 13:34   
grumbl if been trying to FIND and USE that bug for over a month by now!
still havent seen anything of it

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-08-29 13:49   
Poor bomber, it really is tragic.

Email Ramius
Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-29 14:01   
Whats unfair is spending 1hour building a planet only ro be destroyed by few mirv bombs.... So how about fixing this b4 fixing the cloak bug huh?

Also are kluth supposed to be able to run ecm while cloaked? cause a bombing kluth doesnt get damaged at all at the moment cause of this, They can ecm the bombs all the way upto the planet and nuke it,,how is this fair? I say make em only wprk while kluth r uncloaked...

And airwolf..stop accusing me of eccm pinging u when I wasnt.....

Let the flaming begin

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-29 14:21   
Quote:
Whats unfair is spending 1hour building a planet only ro be destroyed by few mirv bombs.... So how about fixing this b4 fixing the cloak bug huh?

This is a problem experienced by both K'luth and UGTO. ICC experiences this to the extent that their planets get leveled by a few rounds of fighter-bombers from UGTO command stations.

Everyone of minimal sanity agrees that both the strength of bombs as well as the strength and/or number of fighter-bombers require fixing.

Quote:
Also are kluth supposed to be able to run ecm while cloaked?

Yes.

Quote:
cause a bombing kluth doesnt get damaged at all at the moment cause of this, They can ecm the bombs all the way upto the planet and nuke it,,how is this fair? I say make em only wprk while kluth r uncloaked...

Actually, Nim, if you had spent more than a fraction of the time you spend bombing actually building planets, you would realize that the way to cause K'luth to get attacked by planetary beam defenses EVEN while CLOAKED and running ECM is to simply build 4 sensor bases on a planet, or 5 sensor bases evenly distributed among a tightly grouped planet cluster (of which, incidentally, UGTO has more than any other faction, but has rarely put to their advantage).

Please be sure to understand that there are two aspects to the problem. Firstly, that K'luth (and any other faction) can level a planet in one run is a problem of overpowered bombs. Secondly, that K'luth can approach a planet without getting damaged is NOT a problem of poor K'luth faction design, but rather of poor planet design. The fact is that K'luth CAN be damaged, when the proper number of sensor bases are applied to each planet.

One could argue then that each planet requires too many sensor bases to detect ships, but that is a question for Faustus to decide. Why? Because if you made sensor bases stronger, you would merely get even more ECM use, although it could imply that more than one player is needed for a successful stealth bomb run.

Quote:

Nim. Please stop denying things that you clearly do. When I see someone cloaked, undamaged and unbeaconed, and you miraculously close jump this ship, and launch an alpha strike into its hull, one wonders how you located this ship - assuming cloak is not broken. On the flip side, assuming you were not exploiting the ECCM bug, one must then admit that cloak is in fact broken. But you cannot have it both ways.

Quote:
Let the flaming begin

If you dislike flaming, then do not make inflammatory and patently false claims. Simple.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-08-29 15:04 ]

We are many. We are one.

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-29 14:32   
the point is you dont always SEE the red circle of a beacon.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-29 15:09   
Quote:

On 2005-08-29 14:21, Arcanum {C?} wrote:
Quote:

Nim. Please stop denying things that you clearly do. When I see someone cloaked, undamaged and unbeaconed, and you miraculously close jump this ship, and launch an alpha strike into its hull, one wonders how you located this ship - assuming cloak is not broken. On the flip side, assuming you were not exploiting the ECCM bug, one must then admit that cloak is in fact broken. But you cannot have it both ways.

Actualy, thats nav lag. F2, and we see the ship icon for a split second, we target jump there, man-target and fire. If we have ECCM running, when we jump in, it acts as a ping because your now in the area, so its easier to just "E+SPACE".

Just FYI.

Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-29 15:11   
Quote:

Firstly, this is a problem experienced by both K'luth and UGTO. ICC experiences this to the extent that their planets get leveled by a few rounds of fighter-bombers from UGTO command stations.

Everyone of minimal sanity agrees that this requires fixing.

Unlike ugto and kluth, ICC has better PD hence its very difficult to bomb using fighters.

Quote:

Actually, Nim, if you had spent more than a fraction of the time you spend bombing actually building planets, you would realize that the way to cause K'luth to get attacked by planetary beam defenses EVEN while CLOAKED and running ECM is to simply build 4 sensor bases on a planet, or 5 sensor bases evenly distributed among a tightly grouped planet cluster (of which, incidentally, UGTO has more than any other faction, but has rarely put to their advantage).

Hmm being ranked 10th in building speaks for it self on how much I build... not to mention th countless times i rush built without caring about making pres.

Once a kluth cloaks, planet doesnt attack him/her no matter how many damn eccm is on planet...

As I told you earlier to come to ugto and build a planet and I will show you what i mean.

Quote:

Quote:

Nim. Please stop denying things that you clearly do. When I see someone cloaked, undamaged and unbeaconed, and you miraculously close jump this ship, and launch an alpha strike into its hull, one wonders how you located this ship.

Ok heres a tips for newbies... When you stand still and cloak and not move afterwards, the enemy is gonna know your position...

I Have Never eccm pinged...but due to all the accusations I'm getting I dont see why I dont...

Quote:

If you dislike flaming, then do not make inflammatory and patently false claims. Simple.

None of the claims I made were false..

I was refering to the idea of making ecm being only used while uncloaked douchebag

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-29 15:33   
Quote:
Once a kluth cloaks, planet doesnt attack him/her no matter how many damn eccm is on planet...

As I told you earlier to come to ugto and build a planet and I will show you what i mean.

You forget that the beams CAN target the bombs. (Which damages your ship severely, if you are cloud bombing). Or, you could turn away and lose all your bomb cloud, I suppose.

--

So your methodology differs from ECCM pinging. You use another method of discovering the location of a ship which is supposed to be concealed. Given that concealment under normal conditions is supposed to be a feature of the K'luth, any attempts to circumvent this feature other than by use of beacons is questionable in nature.

An analogous situation would be if the K'luth could control the arc bug (which, as an aside, I believe needs fixing) and inflict the bug on UGTO ships at will. This is counter to the spirit of the UGTO, who are meant to have armour protection on all sides of the ship. Clearly, I understand that the arc bug affects all factions, but it serves a good hypothetical example to show how debilitating it can be to have one of the primary features of one's faction, such as cloak, shields, or armour, be effectively nullified by a bug.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-08-29 15:35 ]

We are many. We are one.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-29 16:17   
Pimp hasnt been on in quite a few days...:/ Your such a bad liar...

Forever™ the Nightmare
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-29 16:44   
Quote:

So your methodology differs from ECCM pinging. You use another method of discovering the location of a ship which is supposed to be concealed. Given that concealment under normal conditions is supposed to be a feature of the K'luth, any attempts to circumvent this feature other than by use of beacons is questionable in nature.

arcanum just stop... your making yourself sound retarded. we all know how to use the nav screen to spot enemies who don't normally show up on ship sensors.... espcially the larger classed ships (i.e: dreadnaughts, stations, cruisers, ) and you can also see ship trails from a smaller ship in the vecinity you are focusing on in the nav screen. and as Nim said when you don't move and go into cloak and still don't move... don't expect not to get blown to bits...

you bugs and your whining
so sick of it

Email Forever™ the Nightmare
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-29 17:00   
I love my Wolves.
They're intense, eh?

Fact is, the bombing issue is the one that is the real problem here. If they were fixed, then all three factions would be ok. AND IT SHOULD BE FIXED FIRST.

Why not have ecm run while cloaked? So what if you can't see the bombs? It takes a little more work, but any faction can do the same. We just have a little easier time because we can cloak and cover our own sig. But that's what cloak is for. We still can't launch bombs w/o uncloaking. We still can't get the supply w/o uncloaking. If we have to uncloak to do everything but take a whiz out the hatch, wth is the point of having a cloak to begin with?

And the last time I got near a planet in a dread, only running the ecm, it nailed me just dandy. Fried my hull like a slug on a sidewalk in Texas.

And if you are doing ANYTHING besides the beacons to somehow reveal the cloaked Kluth, you are an exploiting, worthless sportsman. It is an absolute exploit, and if you feel fine doing it and the pres means more than pride, so be it. But DO NOT try to justify it.

And to my fellow Wolves, understand this. The eccm bug ONLY effects the Kluth, so don't expect ANY action on it until the next release, if I have read Palestar's MO correctly. That is approximately 2 weeks from now......

Bombing should be fixed first, but this needs a faster fix as well.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-29 17:09   
Strange that the ECM ping wasn't fixed back in Beta as it was a known bug...

Email Bobamelius
*Peanut*
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-29 17:30   
I think eccm pinging is fair, i mean ugto or ICC dont get a cloaking sysetm and we can go without. why does kluth always whine about this? it only exposes them for a split second anyway...i mean u dont even know what ship theyre in.

Email *Peanut*
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-29 17:35   
I love how some people really believe that K'luth cloak is an EXTRA that was gotten OVER AND ABOVE the other factions.

Reality check: we paid for cloak dearly with paper thin armour.

As I mentioned before, why not just remove K'luth armour altogether and just ADMIT HONESTLY that human factions want K'luth to exist solely for the purpose of being combat prestige farms?

We are many. We are one.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020380 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR