No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tone Down the Dbases LvL 15 Disrupters
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Tone Down the Dbases LvL 15 Disrupters
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 07:09   
Okay, i just died 3 times in Eri with a bomber dessie...i release the bombs and i try to get out the way but no dice, level 15 Disrupter Assaults Fry my bomber along with the planet spewing out lvl 15 AM Torpedos this needs to stop man its a wonder why the UGTO keep attacking us is because we're easier with our lvl 15 pulse beams christ its called lazyness and i'll be damned if the ICC keep getting attacked by UGTO again, gawd! the idea for the planets beams shooting you is a bad one its bad enough that we got lvl 15 PSI missles coming at you and that hurts enough as it is...i can stand the Torpedos but the missles? no! im getting so damn sick of this its not even funny, i love this game but if the lvl 15 dbases dont go then i quit paying for this game to play and you lose another customer and i dont want that to happen so please cut down the defenses to atleast Level 3 thats the way it should be anyways right? level 3 beams not level 15! ugh!

Email GothThug {C?}
TheTerminator970
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-28 07:47   
I don't think planets should have defenses. And the sheer fact of an enemy approaching should cause them to explode.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-28 07:49   
i think they should just make fighters and beams weaker from a planet. That should do. Missiles are fine, i mean its a planet, some planets even spit out things the size of a dreadnought (if they got a SY:p)

Harg_Omega
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-28 07:55   
Quote:

On 2005-08-28 07:47, TheTerminator970 wrote:
I don't think planets should have defenses. And the sheer fact of an enemy approaching should cause them to explode.

Dude that post is just wierd on so many levels. They should have defence but weak defence that is all to it. And that concludes my 2 cents worth.

Ps. post more people.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 08:01   
well, it's a planet after all....if you would approach a normal world (not barren...) you should be screwed...
Planetary Def is too weak, not too strong
Btw...you are complaining that you cant bomb a fully built planet with your bomber dessie....THAT'S HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE...
A planet should be able to hold up against a single bomber dread + supply

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-28 08:16   
Goth has a track record of asking for whatever suits him the most, not what is best for game play or game balance.

Enough said.

We are many. We are one.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-28 08:57   
He just wants a /godmode command put in for whatever faction he is flying at the time.

Skill > thugs.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 09:05   
I thought there were complaints about bombing being too easy - and now you want dbases toned down -> easier bombing?

/me is confused...

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-28 09:44   
Goth, you idiot.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-28 10:03   
Quote:

On 2005-08-28 07:09, Fatal GothThug{C?} wrote:
Okay, i just died 3 times in Eri with a bomber dessie...i release the bombs and i try to get out the way but no dice, level 15 Disrupter Assaults Fry my bomber along with the planet spewing out lvl 15 AM Torpedos this needs to stop man its a wonder why the UGTO keep attacking us is because we're easier with our lvl 15 pulse beams christ its called lazyness and i'll be damned if the ICC keep getting attacked by UGTO again

Which is why I saw UGTO went to Kluth space yesterday, right?

Quote:

, gawd! the idea for the planets beams shooting you is a bad one its bad enough that we got lvl 15 PSI missles coming at you and that hurts enough as it is...i can stand the Torpedos but the missles? no! im getting so damn sick of this its not even funny, i love this game but if the lvl 15 dbases dont go then i quit paying for this game to play and you lose another customer and i dont want that to happen so please cut down the defenses to atleast Level 3 thats the way it should be anyways right? level 3 beams not level 15! ugh!

Customers are replaced - while yes they would hate to lose a customer, they would certainly not change something that is meant to be in the damn game for one customer.

Let try and start off with something of logical sense here.

First off, in any other version except this one, engaging a fully defended planet with a single Bomber Destroyer was asking for death. And now it is ever more apparent. The fact is solo bombing is not intended in this game, and the high level defence bases are meant to be that deterrant, and K'luth dbases provide that detterant admirably well.

Secondly, it is possible to level a Kluth planet with a Bomber Destroyer - Its not hard, you just avoid getting in their beam range. However, a Bomber Destroyer, by all means should not be able to tank a level 15-19 Defence Planet of Defence Base III in any version whatsoever no matter what circumstances there are.

I hate to say it GT, but this is an unfounded suggestion, clearly not for that of game balence. Possibly toned down in Newbie for them, but definately not in the MV.

In fact, I think Defences should be much stronger than they are.

-Ent

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-28 10:28   
The only place ive seen a problem with LVL 15 Kluth Planetary Defense Disruptors is in Newbie.

For the reason that newbie ships and pilots often act similar to the bug Vs bug zapper.

Overall, (reguarding the MV and all levels of its players) I think the DEF and planet capture needs a redo.

-Charz (I am Jacks Concious)

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-28 12:52   
I didn't read any of this post, but I'd just like to point out that I knew exactly who wrote it before I clicked its link.

Email Bobamelius
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-28 13:27   
Quote:

On 2005-08-28 12:52, Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:
I didn't read any of this post, but I'd just like to point out that I knew exactly who wrote it before I clicked its link.

Me too. And the post before this one.

Goth, think these things through first...

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-28 13:54   

i have to agree with Enterprise when he said:

In fact, I think Defences should be much stronger than they are.

yes i think def bases on all factions should be much stronger and bombs toned down just a bit.

this single run and wipe planet clean of all structures and inf needs to stop, bombing is way to easy right now.

i think to bomb a planet you either need to make 5 or 6 runs at it, or multiple ships bombing same planet to kill enough inf or structures, before you can land enough troops, to kill the remaining planetary garrison for the planet to cap.

my 2 cents worth

*Peanut*
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 14:22   
Im with goth thug, its true.

either weaken kluth def bases or make ICC's stronger

I thought ICC was the defensive faction, it seems kluth is

Email *Peanut*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR