No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » tone the bombs down
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author tone the bombs down
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 01:07   
i dont know about the rest of you but im about to my boiling point about this bomb issue. i just sat in the mv and watched a bomber destroyer take out a defense 10 planet in 1 run and completely leveled it. now i dont believe that should be even the slightest bit possible.

it seems to me that the bombs have become way too powerful, the ships have way too many on them. something needs to be done about it and like two weeks ago.

i was always fond of the bombing system in 1.482 cause it meant having to have a support ship there to reload you and it wasnt a one run and drop ordeal with even the bomber cruiser. you had to do multiple runs and then in order to do that you had to have support to reload you. that was how the teamwork was supposed to be. this lone bomber destroyer or lone bomber dreadnaught taking out planets in one run isnt what teamwork is supposed to be.

anyway plz do something about this problem and perhaps a lot more people besides myself will be a lot less stressed about the bombing issue.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 02:29   
oh no dont tone down the bombs, they are doing thier job as you are yours, and that was me that leveled the planet im sorry should i be more discriminate and use MIRVS? hahahahahaha or should i use Tele-Kenetic bombs i hear those are twice as powerful as the MiRV anyways greifing aside i do agree the bombs need to be toned down

Email GothThug {C?}
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 02:44   
If anyone who could change this it would have been done already. Might as well face the fact that that 1)It wont stop 2)those who continously do it will always be noobs I dont care how much pres the accumulate over it 3)apparently the admins dont care since I havent seen a single reply recently on this subject.

So, you peeps with an absurd amount of bombing pres that exploit this bug, I want to send out my thanx for making this game rather unenjoyable.

Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 04:27   
i have to agree with ya jre it has made this game completely unfun to put it in noob words. my sub runs out in about 8 days or so and im seriously considering whether it is still worth my time and effort to continue. i mean it really has killed my liking of this game to log in and find that instead of getting to do something i like to do or want to do i or others on my team are having to rebuild entire systems of planets that have been leveled just so some noob can get their pres. getting ridiculous imho.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Chim Chim
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-27 06:57   
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 01:07, Obiwan wrote:

i was always fond of the bombing system in 1.482 cause it meant having to have a support ship there to reload you and it wasnt a one run and drop ordeal with even the bomber cruiser.

I liked it too, but as a Kluth, in an advanced tranny, about 75-85 % of planets were one run cappers. And that was even with DEF19 planets like what we had in Nicea

Ah, I miss those days..............

Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 08:39   
well with the way the kluth cloak is now i dont believe it would be one run cappers with their advanced trannies now either.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-27 08:56   
The bombs should go back to how they used to be. The ONLY way to stop someone bombing at the moment is to ram the bombs.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-27 09:58   
or tractor them off their cloud and let the planet pd at it

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-27 10:02   
tractoring doesnt always work...

UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-27 13:34   
pulse shield helps too, but yea bombs own much now

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-27 14:17   
If you Pulse Shield a cloud of bombs that sets them off... My question is ... does that do any damage to the person that is flying over them on the cloud? I mean it should be that anyone near a bomb going off should be damaged by it..

And if a bomb goes off, i mean detonated, what are the chances of it causeing a fratricide of the other bombs traveling near it...

If you are going to have this uber destuctic bombing run, make it as dangerous to the bomber as possible... Simply put...

You want the Bibg Bombing Pres, you need to put your fanny and your ship on the line...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-27 18:52   
Only bombs like Mirvs will damage ships - so yes, if a ship is in the radius the ship does get damaged.

Nax

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-27 21:17   
Mirvs do little to no shield and armour damage.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 03:04   
The one response from an admin is a usless one go figure....

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-28 03:08   
You want to know why I rant a rave? Heres why.... the admins and programmers of this game are to nieve to realize that this game is going into the crapper because of the idiotic updates that have been done to it....dont fix the damn game it was fixed long ago when peeps actually played....and whoever is going by the stupid story line is just that....stupid. Faustes if you dont mind not making money on this game keep going otherwise lose the storyline crap and your wonderfull thoughts and make it like it was....where peeps actually played

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023483 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR