No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bombspace
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Bombspace
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-21 08:55   
This "TACTIC" of just bombing planets, not bothering to cap them, just for the hell of it is getting real tiring, real fast. I loged in today, to find UGTO have no shipyards out of the Sol system, and quiet frankly, I dont want to spend countless hours building up ALL our systems all over again.

It isnt big, it isnt clever, and it isnt funny. I cant see how people can all themselves "LEETOR" or "UBER" or "VET" when all I see is them cruising towards a planet, letting go their mirvs and then flying away. No one can react intime, and boom, planets neatral, left for the faction to repair it, whilst he goes and does it again to another planet elsewhere.

"Protect your planets" you say?

How when we cant see the ship or the bombs when you cloak bomb a planet.
How do we hit the bomber dread when it can unleash all its bombs within 500 gu and fly away, we dont even see the "Enemy detected near", instead we get "Maurbon is now controlled by neutral!".

"Do it back with your fighters" you say?
I dont know about you, but have you tried? Its not freaking easy and it takes far longer.
"Use your bomber cruiser!"
It doesnt have near as much armour as a dread with armour and shields, and it cant cloak...

I log in to have fun, not to repair 90% of our planets because someone thought it'd be funny to mirv them to the ground and leave them.

It isnt big
It isnt clever
It isnt funny

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-08-21 08:57 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-21 09:41   
AMEN!

Though bombing a single Strategic Target (Shipyard) is a valid tactic to stem the flow of ships from the enemy stagging area's...

To just frag a planet just because, is imo, really annoying...

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis on 2005-08-22 15:45 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-08-21 09:43   
Bombing is far FAR too easy. Not naming names, but it leads to profiles like this..

Kills 259
Killed 854
Bonus Prestige 137
Ships Damaged 3060.582031
Ships Captured 4
Planets Damaged 30327.666016
Planets Captured 481.891235
Friendly Fire 458.58725
Repair 6205.066895
Construction 1998.351685
Kamikaze 1.9518

That's disproportional, imo.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-08-21 09:44 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-21 09:49   
I agree. I for one, love bombing..But when the other ships can cloak, or wipe a planet in one pass, it's bloody old.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-21 09:53   
Jack has made an excellent point here, as well as coldfury.

Indeed when I have logged on, I see often the usual tale - two or three bomber dreads nuking every last planet they say, and abruptly sometimes not even capping the planet they bombed, and moving on to the next one.

While part of the game, therein lies a problem - its not done tactically, its not done for the benefit of their faction, and its certainly not done to prevent an enemy from gaining ground - its done for prestige.

There are people, not naming names, who spend all of their time in a Bomber Dreadnought, sometimes openly remarking that they will get to FA/GA from bombing. And you know what, they have.

For those who try to defend it - it makes me wonder if they have their own interests in their mind when it comes to it. Such bombers know what their doing, they know how easy it is, I know how easy it is.

So yes this game has become what is known as 'Bombspace', there are no fleet-fleet actions anymore, all it seems to be is bombers padding their stats.

For anyone who wants to say that its the MirVs, yeah it is, but people exploit that advantage just for their prestige. People exploit it just for their rank, people exploit it just for it. Its not funny, as Jack said. There are times indeed we dont have players on, and thus for those of us who do sleep when we log on we are faced with spending all day rebuilding our planets.

I can't help but say this enough - for any ICC, or KLuth, who bombs for their prestige, and not for their team, by jumping into the heart of enemy space rather than a system your fleet is at, I can only say that however harsh it may be, you can watch how everyone starts to have less respect for you, how those people become very disliked, all because of your rank.

This generally needs to stop - its infuriating, its not funny, its not clever, it doesn't make you a better player, it doesn't make you deserving of your rank, and it most certainly, does not make you worth respect.

Consider it all you avid Bombers out there- - you know who you are - is it really worth it?

-Ent

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-21 09:55   
Now it's getting ridiculous.. I like to bomb myself when I was still playing, I even managed to take a planet by myself after about 5 runs (1.481) and finally took it over. Yeah, it was balanced back then, now this 1-bomb runs are just plainly stupid... Anyone can level an entire system this way and I personally would not come back till that was fixed. All I can say to this is to fix this bombing frenzy thing before you lose any more players because of it....

Email Shippo
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:07   
I agree that this is just messed up. While I'm all for ICC having an advantage at taking planets, the BD has been over-powered since beta. Even without the level system BD's could take out planets in a single pass in beta, and this was called balance? Yes, Mirvs have a problem...but fixing that would be more like curing a sympton than the problem itself. The BD has too many bombs and other slots, if all it had were bombs it'd be balanced, if it had less bombs and a few less specials it'd be balanced, right now it's just too powerful...

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:10   
All of the crap that I've seen in the last week leads me more and more to believe that we should, as a community, petition for a complete rollback of not just the game, but stats and garages, to 482, which was a PERFECTLY GOOD VERSION of the game, it just needed SMALL TWEAKS (Flux wave, Cloak) to devices and even SMALLER ones to the ships (Combat Dread archs, etc).

I know this will never happen, at least, not unless the community whole heartedly supports it.

Speaking from my own experience - I can safely say that 482 was more enjoyable in the combat, planet & system capping, and attitudes - things were FAR more relaxed and less about prestige whoring, mainly because you could actually GAIN ground without having to resort to exploitation. The ships were fun to fly, the action was fast paced and took a tremendous deal of skill - it wasn't just "the most guns win" or "the biggest guns win."

483 just is not fun, that is becomming more and more apparent every single day. 484 does show some promise in limiting the abusive potential of ship exploits - and POSSIBLY in eliminating the 1 run planet nukings, but it doesn't address the core issues of interesting and challenging combat, the lack of actual potential for gaining prestige, and it seems to be just another band aid on a bleading artery.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:20   
@Ent, Did the ugto loose all of its bombers? or Nim go to kluth or something? cus i think you forgot a faction in your argment. You know its really hard to sit back and read your post and not think your comming off as a hipocrit by leaving out your faction. ( your faction for this week? )

But anyway,

Indeed this has become Bombspace..

-Charz

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:30   
Quote:

On 2005-08-21 10:20, CharAznable wrote:
@Ent, Did the ugto loose all of its bombers? or Nim go to kluth or something? cus i think you forgot a faction in your argment. You know its really hard to sit back and read your post and not think your comming off as a hipocrit by leaving out your faction. ( your faction for this week? )

But anyway,

-Charz

Im sorry - we don't have 5-8 bombers always on because were always too busy trying to rebuild are planets to have time to go to CD*36 every day and nuke it to the ground.

I am right to leave my faction out - its going to continue to stay out, because I have not seen swarms of BCs attack ICC or Kluth space. I have not seen a single UGTO bomb so indescriminately.

I will leave UGTO out of that - because it has forever demonstrated it. If UGTO did start succumbing to that, such acts are so dishonorable I would at least, unlike ICC, be trying everything in my power to prevent it from happening.

-Ent

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-21 10:48   
Quote:

On 2005-08-21 10:30, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-08-21 10:20, CharAznable wrote:

But anyway,

-Charz

Im sorry - we don't have 5-8 bombers always on because were always too busy trying to rebuild are planets to have time to go to CD*36 every day and nuke it to the ground.

I am right to leave my faction out - its going to continue to stay out, because I have not seen swarms of BCs attack ICC or Kluth space. I have not seen a single UGTO bomb so indescriminately.

I will leave UGTO out of that - because it has forever demonstrated it. If UGTO did start succumbing to that, such acts are so dishonorable I would at least, unlike ICC, be trying everything in my power to prevent it from happening.

-Ent

So are you saying that your on 24/7 365?

Ent, try to wrap your mind arround this. There is only one player that can Condem and Change this, and its not you. His name starts with an F and ends with an S. When you say that the Ugto are on a Higher moral plane than the other 2 factions, I really have to question where youve been during 1.483 . But just so you get a full view.

Ive seen the Ugto, pop in and nuke every mod world.. not cap it and just leave it as dust. Howd they know where all our 1482 factorys were? (15 hrs after the 1483 launch) well a honorable bunch of GTN did the bombing.. so you tell me.

The point is Ent, 3 factions all imperfect, all full of bugs, with players just as dirty as the whole.

-Charz

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-21 11:15   
It's not just UGTO Planets getting Nuked Jack Kluth Planets are Nuked all the time by UGTO and ICC and Left. Kluth can't Bomb cloaked the only thing Kluth can do cloaked is Build and Mine.

Goto the website of Zeritu
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-21 11:25   
the reason you seem to think ICC is dishonorable atm, is because just about every dishonorable player in the game is over there. making bombing prestige.

I'm pretty sick of it too, and i intend to have a little "chat" when i get back monday. personally, i hope the people i have in mind leave ICC when im done with them.

and you know exactly who you are. youre the people who ditched kluth because you couldnt figure out how good they really were. youre the people who ditched UGTO cause you liked bombing more then you liked your friends.

im going to make sure you people have NO friends on ICC. you give ICC a bad name. your dishonest, disrespectful, disloyal, factionhopping pres whores, and youre teaching a bunch of newbies to be the same way. im not having it.

as for the bombing. im not sure exactly why F hasnt had mods crack down on it as severely unsportsmanlike, the same with the torp MD and those 2 crackwhore dessies on the human factions, but i can only assume hes working on it, because thats what he does.

and also, yeah, there are people on every faction abusing the power of bombs right now. you cant say its only ICC, because the command dread can single handedly level planets, and a couple agincourts can blow up a shielded planet. in some cases u dont even need to fighter stack to kill one.

ill say this one more time. 483 was the content patch, 484 is the balance patch. im almost 100% sure that faust said this was so. he cant release the balance patch before he releases a bundle of new content, and he cant do it WITH the new content, because he wouldnt know what needs balancing, now would he? see, the problem is, is that no matter what a developer does, in the end, there are more players, who are going to wind up being more creative, and do something that the developer never expected, like mod a missile dread with 20 torpedoes.

as for bombing, its a glitch in the bomb damage threshhold. it affects every single bombing style. neutrons arent supposed to be able to kill all the inf on a planet, but they still do. were all guilty of using it. one could say that using it to further your own faction is even worse then indiscriminate bombing, because youre using it to affect the gamespace in 2 ways instead of one.

now, during this patch ICC has been reduced to 3-4 systems on 2-3 occasions. they arent invincible, and its pretty obvious that when GTN and CEC gets off their respective asses and levels the playerbase, ICC cant stand up so well. and gawd knows kluth can barely do anything anymore with all their players gone now.

thats all im gonna say.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-21 12:07   
All I have to say is... crackwhore dessies... LMFAO!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-21 12:18   
Quote:

So are you saying that your on 24/7 365?

I try to be.

Quote:

Ent, try to wrap your mind arround this. There is only one player that can Condem and Change this, and its not you. His name starts with an F and ends with an S. When you say that the Ugto are on a Higher moral plane than the other 2 factions, I really have to question where youve been during 1.483 . But just so you get a full view.

I've been going to different factions to try and grasp the full concept of the full view, not to retain just biased views - I joined the other two factions to get a look into how it was from their point of view.

Quote:

Ive seen the Ugto, pop in and nuke every mod world.. not cap it and just leave it as dust. Howd they know where all our 1482 factorys were? (15 hrs after the 1483 launch) well a honorable bunch of GTN did the bombing.. so you tell me.

That was actually retalliation on that incident; I myself personall flew the BC that leveled those factorys - seeings how ICC had already nuked our mod planet - Jasha - It was done to somewhat even it.

Mod planets in 1.482 were common knowledge - almost everyone knew exactly where the ICC mod planets were, and it certaintainly wasnt hard.

However since that fateful day, I haven't seen fleets of ships invade every ICC system and the nuke every last one of their planets on a daily basis.

Quote:

The point is Ent, 3 factions all imperfect, all full of bugs, with players just as dirty as the whole.

Oh I know there are players that are this way - unfortunately since the comming of the BD and the Torp MD, ICC seems to have gotten all those fateful players in which exemplify dishonorable.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025510 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR