No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The good-old days.........
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The good-old days.........
Toxic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:35   
Ive played this game on and off for the past 3 years. The level of fun has signifintly droped after we started to steer twards the metaverse. I always enjoyed the rotating map server. Im asking if it is possible to re-open the routating server again. ( The Newbie server with unlimmited rank.)

Thank you,
Toxic

Email Toxic   Goto the website of Toxic
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:40   
Quote:

On 2005-08-18 09:35, Toxic wrote:
Ive played this game on and off for the past 3 years. The level of fun has signifintly droped after we started to steer twards the metaverse. I always enjoyed the rotating map server. Im asking if it is possible to re-open the routating server again. ( The Newbie server with unlimmited rank.)

Thank you,
Toxic

Nope.
Been asked before,

Survey says! (Tael)! : "No"

Tael says:

Quote:

A few days ago several people started posting in a thread wanting the FA/GA server back. (Ironicly within 2 days of it being restarted, the thread was deleted by the original poster...)

People apparently forgot that the FA server died once the Shipyards came out. Noone wanted to play on it anymore, so it was retired.

Contrary to the staffs attempts to remind everyone how it was them that abandoned the FA/GA server, the posters to the thread waxed lyrically that returning the server would be a monumentous event and herald in a renaissance era for Darkspace...

Thursday night the server went back up, Friday it had a handful of players, Saturday rarely more than a couple, Sunday it sat completely ignored... All the while the MV had 50 or more people on at a time...

Thus in the end we find FA/GA abandond by the players ago and the stark reality the staff was right regardless of persistant counter arguements by many posters to the initial thread was apparently embarressment enough for the initial poster to delete his thread.

We'll be taking the FA/GA server down again shortly. This is the third time we've gone through this drill, hopefull we wont have to expend the resources to set it all back up again later in order to prove the era of the FA/GA scenario are long since past...

He also says

Quote:

EVERY 6 months this comes up, and every preceeding time we tried it and within 3 days Admiral is either empty or down to a small handful of players that do not justify the server resources which are better utilized augmenting the Metaverse.

The players themselves by their own actions have killed Admiral. So no its not coming back. Look at the older posts and you will find the same thing over and over again.

Thread Locked as its been addressed redundantly enough.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash (Give F Clothes/Box) on 2005-08-18 09:55 ]

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:41   
Problem is that well with SY's and the enourmous res costs to build ships... these servers just don't work properly...

Typically you spend the entire time in scouts and frigates.

Or if you do get an SY up then someone caps the last flag planet, and then poof map resets

Or it resets anyway cause it takes like 3 hours to get an SY up anyway in these things.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:42   
the newb server was locked down after several Grand Admirals were N00b Farming for kills, hense why it was locked at LT commander they are NEVER bringing back Fleet or Grand Admiral Server so quit askin them

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:42   
Dont forget, DarkSpace was always designed to be playedi n the MV.

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-18 09:56   
Click on the link below:

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=33850&forum=1&22

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 12:24   
Yeah DS is better with MV play however there are alot of players that like to play scenarios...maybe if the maps could be set up with shipyards and resources in the safe zone you wouldn't have to spend half the time or more building a shipyard and gathering resources only to have the map reset.Perhaps after DS is doing better that could be an option , but for right now i'd say efforts need to be concentrated on the MV.

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 12:27   
the problem i have now is, i can't play in the mv(its down), i can't play in newbie, because i can't gain pres, i can only lose pres

and i can't play anywhere else because.. there's no other option.. whee go darkspace!

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-18 13:08   
You do not lose prestige in Newbie if you cannot gain prestige.

We are many. We are one.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-18 16:10   
Ok, everyone who was in the "Whens the next Admiral thread gonna pop up?" pool owes me 5 bucks... pay up suckers!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 16:28   
I had 2005-08-18 09:35 Coeus.

YOU had 2005-08-18 09:36 YOU pay up.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-18 17:09   
Whaat? I had late august!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-18 17:20   
Now if there is a problem with the Newbie Server it is this...

#1 - I am not sure about you but I can get a SY up and running in less than 3 hours. Now the only thing you have to worry about is materials. That may take a bit to get running at first.

#2 - If not mistaken the Nebie Server only runs 3 hours... why not bump it up to 4 hours? An extra hour would help releive the whole idea about not enough time to do this and that...

#3 - Rank is set to Lt. Commander, correct? Would it be a hard thing to bring it up to Captian? This would allow a Newbie to attain the rank of Captain. This would also allow them to experience all the support craft (Transport, Engy, and Supply ships). This would help them in the MV overall..

#4 - you may not be able to gain regular prestige, but you can still gain Bonus Pres...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-18 17:25   
@3, yes it would hurt it. since you can get cruiser at Captain.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-18 18:52   
Well accourding to the DS Manual, no Cruiser is available till 2nd Rear Admiral... I think it has been updated since the new ships are there and it gives the specifics of what ranks they need to be at to use them.

I am just qouting what I see in the Manual. If the Manual is wrong then I hope someone fixes it.

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021884 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR