Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion for Faustus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Suggestion for Faustus
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-15 21:33   
Quote:

On 2005-08-15 19:16, Enterprise wrote:
There is an even easier solution to this problem, one which I remember F already has suggested I think some time ago.

Or was it Tael..anywho...

The idea was that jumpgates were player build, as well as destroyable, and engineers had to jump across to another system in order to build it.

Basically, you can connect jumpgates manually wherever...if you can make the trip.

Also, I think a good idea would be to make systems so far apart that it takes 3-5 wormholes to reach even the closest systems.

-Ent

Like as in some sort of Platform gate? What about this...We shouldn't have multiple platforms but a construction platform that gets upgraded via engineer to either battle defense or this WH platform, maybe even a SY platform!

Email Ascension(Purge)
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-17 12:32   
After more reflection, I have refined my idea further. (The first two points are a summary of my previous suggestion)

1. A system is considered friendly if all systems connected to it via jumpgate are also friendly. Only the faction which controls a friendly system can use its gates. No wormholes may be made by opposing factions into friendly space.

2. A system is considered neutral if one or more systems connected to it via jumpgate are controlled by an enemy faction. Any faction may create a wormhole into neutral space.

3. Only those factions who are contesting neutral space may use gates in a neutral system. (Example: UGTO controls Barnard's Star. K'luth control Cincinnati. Only UGTO and K'luth may use the Barnard's Star-Cincinnati gate. ICC may create a WH into either Barnard's Star or Cincinnati if they so choose.)

4. Long-jumping into enemy systems are allowed. However, if a system is friendly, and has been invaded by long-jumping enemies, the server will automatically notify the faction which is being invaded of the number of enemies that have been detected in that system. (Example: "SERVER: 5 enemy ships have been detected in Tau Ceti!")

This should lead to some interesting game dynamics. It does not prohibit the use of a strategic surprise attack by one faction, but it would generally involve an invasion fleet, as opposed to a lone bomber (which, without supplies, could not make the long jump properly.)

Thus, for a person who wishes to bomb solo, he is confined to those planets which would logically be bombed by an attacking faction - those located in frontier systems. Most confrontations would occur here.

But a well-coordinated fleet attack could reach deep inside an enemy's space, with supply ships, stations, and the such. Keep in mind that stations cannot create wormholes in enemy space, so they would have to use Hyper Mass Accelerators.

We are many. We are one.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-17 15:20   
for your enjoyment, and in my boredom, I hunted up the following on the beta forums.

http://beta.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=34733&forum=5&37

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-17 19:54   
bumpster +1

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-17 20:31   
The next idea builds on Tael's suggestion to Faustus and could be added to my preceeding suggestions.

Jump Gates
Jump gates are constructible and destructible. They should have the hull value of a station, and 10 times the armour value of a station. In order to maintain a jump gate, it must be supplied by adequate resources.

Space Stations
Space stations are constructible by engineers. Space stations should have 10 times the hull value of a station, and 10 times the armour value of a station. Having such a space station should require sufficient resources that no more than 3 can be built in any given system. Each space station has 10 modules. Each of the modules can be outfitted with a functionality of the engineer's choosing, selected from the following categories:

a) Shield Module - These modules will be able to shield large objects across large distances (25,000gu) such as planets, moons, space stations and jump gates from damage.

b) Fighter Module - Similar to planet fighter bases.

c) Defense Module - Similar to planet defense bases.

d) Sensor Module - Similar to sensor bases.

e) Anti-Sensor Module - Similar to anti-sensor bases.

f) Depot Module - Similar to depots.

g) Resource Module - If the station is constructed near a Gas Planet, it can mine the gases on the planet to supply jump gates. In addition, the farther the planetary object you are shielding, the higher the resource drain on the station, forcing you to build more resource modules - and subsequently have less shield modules. (Faustus - Finally a use for those Gas Planets!)

h) Supply Module - After gases are mined, the supply module will actively feed the jump gates with resources.

--

I propose that the objects protected by the shields should be interchangeable, perhaps with a 1 minute delay. Furthermore, if a shield module is protecting a planet, it should prevent that planet from being bombed, unless the shield itself has been destroyed.

Destroying the space station supplying the shield will take down the shield.

Each shield module should generate approximately the same overall shielding power as 2 stations.

--

I am aware that this is a radical suggestion. However, with the input of more people, I believe it could provide a nice dynamic for the game.

Comments?

We are many. We are one.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-18 05:17   
Also, Fix prestige gain for Combat, i was thinkin 80 combat Prestige for Stations, 70 for Dreads 60 for Cruisers 40 For Dessies, and 30 For Scoutsi say 40 for dessies and 30 for scouts because they'll be harder to hit hehe. and those hit points are for hull cut half of that and they'll be for shield/armor hits i miss the old combat prestige

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-18 05:32   
Quote:

On 2005-08-18 05:17, Fatal GothThug{C?} wrote:
Also, Fix prestige gain for Combat, i was thinkin 80 combat Prestige for Stations, 70 for Dreads 60 for Cruisers 40 For Dessies, and 30 For Scoutsi say 40 for dessies and 30 for scouts because they'll be harder to hit hehe. and those hit points are for hull cut half of that and they'll be for shield/armor hits i miss the old combat prestige

*ties in a bag and throws in a river*

Dont listen to him, PLEASE!

@Goth, combat is how it always was. The armour has been uped significantly though, so it takes longer.

@arcanum, thats an incredibly bad idea. The shielding module alone is badly balanced. Since shield tech is ICC only, what happens to kluth and ugto? Shielding all ships across a 25kgu distance is A LOT.

Current stations are fine, there are just some bugs that make them not what they are supposed to be.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash (Give F Clothes/Box) on 2005-08-18 05:34 ]

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-18 06:52   
Backslash - I am proposing a shielding module for each faction, not just ICC. I understand this changes the game dynamics substantially, but it makes fleet invasions much more engaging and tactical (i.e. there are more points of defense and focal battle points).

Also, I suggest you read the whole discussion before making your criticism. I never said current stations (player ships) should be changed. I said that if Faustus were to implement the *constructible* space platforms that he was mentioning, this idea could be be considered.

I, for one, strive for a balanced game between all three factions, and have absolutely no interest in promoting one faction over others, even if that faction happens to be my own. That is why I do not consider my suggestion to be perfect, and asked for constructive feedback.

It is my sincere hope that when Faustus reads this thread, he will see Darkspace players collaborating to generate good ideas for him to consider, as opposed to turning each gameplay suggestion into an opportunity for blatant faction-promotion.

But perhaps that is more than I can hope for.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-08-18 07:09 ]

We are many. We are one.

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-22 19:03   
Bump.

In response to all the commotion about bombing, I do believe that my proposed suggestions about gates, wormholes, friendly and neutral zones, will solve all that. While requiring relatively small amounts of code to implement.

If you like the ideas, please post your support.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-08-22 19:20 ]

We are many. We are one.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-26 15:24   

"Dont listen to him, PLEASE!

@Goth, combat is how it always was. The armour has been uped significantly though, so it takes longer."

Seems weapons and armor for Kluth have been decreased, to the point where a group of Mands or shipons can't even take out a UGTO ship even when they work, jump and attack together. All Kluth is good for atm is bombing (which gets really dull after doing it for a few weeks straight) and to help UGTO bombers get prestige. Kluth cannot reasonablely fight either icc or ugto.

Arc, I like you ideas and support the needs to be some major, yet simple changes like you suggest above and to help create a well balanced format for ALL 3 fractions. I will post what I have recently posted on another thread here.

"This game is extremely unbalanced atm and in a unfair favor to UGTO. There is only so much bombing one can take before it becomes extremely dull. Though last night I did watch fireants and boogie(sorry if I have your name wrong) take out a ugto station with an icc frig and scout(with the help of a 14 defense planet.) I was cheering them on, so noobs with only scout and frig options AS ICC can still do some damage(you can't do this as Kluth.) Kluth is just useless atm and we are going to lose even more kluth players if some balance is not brought to the table. This is not a laughing matter because soon it will be only UGTO players and how fun is that going to be? Unless something is done for kluth this upcoming patch to help balance them out, you are going to lose more than just new players. Just a heads up."

I hope this helps bring some Kluth issues to the table to be dealt with...and to focus on balancing out all 3 fractions.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-26 15:52   
Why do people keep posting suggestions here and, more importantly, why are none of them ever moved to 'player feedback' over on beta? Are all the forum mods complacent, absent or just powerless?

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-10-30 01:36 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-26 16:32   
moved to dev feedback/suggestions

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-28 13:19   

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-10-30 01:32 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-04 23:43   
yeah but to more or less make it to where i would have a 3 minute jump to in to enemy space would take the fn out of the game.

ent your idea of having gates player made and being able to be destroyed.. once again is another think that ould take the fun out of game . i mena they it is now you sing on to mv in the morning, and you find that most of your planets belongs to the nme, while there was no on, so then wouldn't jgs become the same way?

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.040582 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR