No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » about bombing...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author about bombing...
Fatal -gambit-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-15 15:00   
be careful what you wish for....

even a 5-10 minute sustained bombing campaign to capture a planet seriously changes the speed and dynamic of the game. Bombing requires a commanding fleet presence (to ensure the safety of both the bomber and the bombs).

the key point up there is sustained, and again, unless you have a commanding fleet presence (which around an enemy planet and enemy dictor field is hard to do) you will not be able to continually bomb for five minutes.

If you have to pick apart planets one structure at a time, knock out key buildings and the like, you are looking at at lest 10 minutes for one well built planet. It sounds good on paper, but with some systems having 15 or so planets, your looking at 2 hours of pure bombing, let alone capping, defending, fighting etc... Too slow in my opinion.

As it is now, the system is certainly broken, but if you make it too hard, the game will slow down considerably,,, or the tranny rush will be the norm when it comes to capping planets.

btw, i still think bios should impact planetary shields before hitting the inf/pop below...

Email Fatal -gambit-
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-15 15:05   
We want the game to slow down...We want battles over one or two planets, not 5-6 systems.

Fatal -gambit-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-15 15:35   
Quote:

On 2005-08-15 15:05, Lord King Comrade BackSlash Esquire wrote:
We want the game to slow down...We want battles over one or two planets, not 5-6 systems.

as i said before, right now it is very broken, but one or two planets?

need a balance, right now it is rediculously fast and easy, but if you make it too slow, the game becomes way too defensive. I dont find the idea of planet hugging for five hours a day appealing, and i hope you dont either.

picking apart a planet one building at a time is unrealistic in this kind of game, you just dont have the time for that...

battles should be hard fought and hard won, but i dont think it should take 5 hours to take one planet in a 4 planet cluster...,

otherwise, again, tranny rush will completely replace bombing....

Email Fatal -gambit-
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-15 17:36   
@ Gambit & Jack, your both exactly right. The conclusion I end up at is always that the whole system of Planet Capture and bombing needs something more, or needs to be redone. ( Previous suggestions on page 1)

Im not saying i have the answers, I would just like to see this worked out a better way. btw, Im sure people will use ECM b4 Tranny rushing again.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2005-08-15 18:12   
Just a note about being able to level planets:

The ICC Bomber Dreadnought (at least for those who use it) its description says its designed to level entire planets...so the point is moot in this case. Besides...any planet with a high defense 10+ usually kills a sizeable quantity of incoming bombs if you let them...one of my BD runs on a planet with 15 defense...over half the bomb salvoes failed to get maybe 1 bomb past the defenses...

Unless you follow your bombs literally into a planet...i dont see what the problem is with bombing...you actually gotta manage to break past planet defenses now to be successful. Either with several ships or lots of salvoes.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-16 11:09   
It is, pretty much, a mess in MV. There are whole systems with unbuilt planets, and there's no point building on them because any work anyone does on them gets undone in an instant.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-16 12:35   
I was thinking if you couldnt colide with bombs, perhaps the bombers could cricle enemys planets and keep bombarding them, you'd need a fleet to support it though, since planets would be firing at you all the time. This also means that you dont have to balance against cloud bombing.

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-16 13:07   
wonder if dev's read these posts.... would be nice to know when the bombs get fixed. 1 bomber dessie can nuke 4-5planets in less than 10min . It takes 1 Builder about 3-4hours to build it back and the engi dont even make much pres.

How about giving all sides shield till you can be botherd to fix the bombs dev's or better yet remove mirvs and the equivelant kluth bombs?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016500 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR