No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ent's Diary of Kluth - Part 2.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Ent's Diary of Kluth - Part 2.
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-12 21:30   
Here we go again...

Apparently there is still debate on that Kluth sucks royally, I have choosen by Thugg, who has stated that I didn't have "lower ranking stats" and thus, did not fly lower ships to know how bad it is.

So I have agreed, to fly Kluth once more, in only destroyers, moreover, only in a Drainer, to prove that Kluth are not horrible.

Before I start I have to say... that destroyers are not meant to be the powerhouse of a fleet, merely support, and thus, I don't expect to be able to take on Dreads and the like.

This Ent...off again.

-Ent

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-12 21:37   
That whole discussion is silly. K'luth are fine. The devs shouldn't touch them or the outcome will undoubtedly be worse than what we have now.

[ This Message was edited by: Specterx on 2005-08-13 15:01 ]

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-12 21:41   
Shut up and let him be SpecterX, if hes willing to open his mind, then we should be willing to open ours...

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-12 23:21   
er... in a manner of speaking hes on ents side...

Raven went kluth, and we decided that kluth have the best bomber in the game. i also personally think that the siphon is the best siege ship due to its power house ability with the SI. id also argue your combats are better when used properly.

shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-12 23:46   
hmmm my biggest gripe with kluth is beacons, luth wshould have a way to remove them, or make them only scout items. second luth should be insta decloak, timed cloak. the status quo is silly really.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-13 04:00   
Pip pip old chap!

Jolly good show!

(Come back soon! We miss you!)

Rival
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-13 04:01   
Kluth are quite good yes, but they lack seriously in shielding or armor

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-13 04:05   
Quote:

On 2005-08-13 04:01, Rival wrote:
Kluth are quite good yes, but they lack seriously in shielding or armor

..Duh...they have the most powerfull weapons

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-13 06:34   
The biggest problem I have with Kluth IS the destroyers. Kluth dessies were closer to what they should have been before, but with all the panzy crying that happened they were nerfed. Dessies and cruisers should be the main ships for kluth. There should be few dreads flying around. Why?

We ARE hit and run, and to hit and run you want speed. You don't find heavy assault forces in a guerrilla unit. You don't use B52's to do lightening strikes. You use light, fast units that are able to deal out marginal to decent damage.

But now the dessies have the power of a flyswatter. They do have a SLIGHT speed advantage, but the power difference post patch is nuetered.

To me, Kluth is now designed with little difference between the human factions now. Well, with the exception that we don't have a single ship that can outfly it's counter-part of the humans.

Woo hoo. We have a bomber. As long as we only fight the planets...... At least with slightly more powerful dessies, Kluth was FUN to play. Now, it's just........blah.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-13 11:31   
Azreal, kluth destoryers were never meant to take on cruisers and dreads alone. This is a team game, you had to team up and team strike a dread to do a little damage to it (ICC and UGTO dessys that is). Kluth dessys had more firepower than some dreads (although had less power).

this was indue fact to winging back in version 1.3** when dreads got nerfed because new players couldnt kill dreads. What happened then? They all left when they finaly got dreads and started dying by the dozen by...surprise surprise...their own whine-creation.

Tael and Faustus and taking it back to how it was back in the day. When it worked.

There are imbalances, that will most probably be fixed in time. Tael and Faustus have their bloody hands full right now. Its all very well us whining for a fix, and saying "just increase the damage to [blah]", but only Tael and Faustus (perhaps others with reasourcer access), can see what true effects that would make, because they have a table of values.

The only problem kluth have at the moment is the beacons and ECCM spamming, which will be fixed in the future...

Patience is a virtu (not that one).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-08-13 11:33 ]

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-13 12:20   
Gotta love Jack's profficiency at doing the ostrich in front of overwhelming proofs. *applauds*

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-13 15:02   
Quote:

On 2005-08-12 21:41, Diabum|ik wrote:
Shut up and let him be SpecterX, if hes willing to open his mind, then we should be willing to open ours...

You can start by 'opening your mind' to what I actually wrote.

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-13 15:05   
I understand your point ( beefing up, getting even more nerfed thereafter ). but doing nothing wont fix the problem either, next!

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-13 15:07   
Quote:

On 2005-08-13 06:34, Azreal wrote:
The biggest problem I have with Kluth IS the destroyers. Kluth dessies were closer to what they should have been before, but with all the panzy crying that happened they were nerfed. Dessies and cruisers should be the main ships for kluth. There should be few dreads flying around. Why?

We ARE hit and run, and to hit and run you want speed. You don't find heavy assault forces in a guerrilla unit. You don't use B52's to do lightening strikes. You use light, fast units that are able to deal out marginal to decent damage.

But now the dessies have the power of a flyswatter. They do have a SLIGHT speed advantage, but the power difference post patch is nuetered.

To me, Kluth is now designed with little difference between the human factions now. Well, with the exception that we don't have a single ship that can outfly it's counter-part of the humans.

Woo hoo. We have a bomber. As long as we only fight the planets...... At least with slightly more powerful dessies, Kluth was FUN to play. Now, it's just........blah.

The problem is more that the human destroyers are too powerful, rather than that the kluth are too weak. Hopefully the next patch will fix this by substantially weakening their shields and armor.

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-13 15:09   
Quote:

On 2005-08-13 11:31, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Azreal, kluth destoryers were never meant to take on cruisers and dreads alone. This is a team game, you had to team up and team strike a dread to do a little damage to it (ICC and UGTO dessys that is). Kluth dessys had more firepower than some dreads (although had less power).

this was indue fact to winging back in version 1.3** when dreads got nerfed because new players couldnt kill dreads. What happened then? They all left when they finaly got dreads and started dying by the dozen by...surprise surprise...their own whine-creation.

Tael and Faustus and taking it back to how it was back in the day. When it worked.

There are imbalances, that will most probably be fixed in time. Tael and Faustus have their bloody hands full right now. Its all very well us whining for a fix, and saying "just increase the damage to [blah]", but only Tael and Faustus (perhaps others with reasourcer access), can see what true effects that would make, because they have a table of values.

The only problem kluth have at the moment is the beacons and ECCM spamming, which will be fixed in the future...

Patience is a virtu (not that one).

There you are.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028602 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR