Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » QUESTION?????
 Author QUESTION?????
Snafu
Fleet Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-08-06 12:40   
Why in the wide wide world of sports did you make the scouts so powerfull?? A scout should not be able to tale out a frigate and certainly not a 125 eng. Their shield can take a pounding and they can mount weapons that they shouldnt even have room for.

Freedom is the sure possession of those with the courage to defend it....

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-06 13:14   
Scouts aren't terribly powerful... they just are ridiculously ahrd to hit. It takes 2 scouts and a frigate or two to effectively bring down a single scout.

Scouts have already been nerfed since the patch, but the assault versions are still somewhatover powered, and are near impossible to hit.

Even beam weapons have problems tracking them.

We need some kind of flak weapon to take down scouts and frigates.

Because right now the most effective anti scout weapon is near misses from torpedoes which get self detonated.

And believe me, a gauss gun scout or frigate would be completely and utterly worthless... the ICC interceptors mount gauss guns and they still can't hit crap. nevermind actually doing damage.

P.S. Gauss needs a total rethink, I reccomend that it should have the highest firepower of any cannon, but be limited by a slow slow recharge rate.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-06 15:09   
Quote:
- Fixed shield modifiers for hull types.

Quote:

And believe me, a gauss gun scout or frigate would be completely and utterly worthless... the ICC interceptors mount gauss guns and they still can't hit crap. nevermind actually doing damage.

P.S. Gauss needs a total rethink, I reccomend that it should have the highest firepower of any cannon, but be limited by a slow slow recharge rate.

gauss frigates are kinda useless, but its not for the gauss. gauss have been improved on, however they do pants for armor/shield damage, but can and will chew up your hull. only problem is like any other weapon it really needs to be L4+ to get any good use out of, and it has a low ammo count, 40 at l0, 36 at 4, and thanks the new shield/armor hp and repair values it makes it easy to look like it does no damage.

on the upside, its a fast projectile and range is fixed at about 2100gu regarless of range, so it'll have a higher hit rate than a same level railgun at range

interceptors dont acutally mount gauss, its a slightly different weapon as i recall, just happens to look like gauss, and they dont hit because they're fighters, if you look carefully they get pretty close tho. and int fighters are more for picking off missiles and other fighters, rather than ships

ive got a pair of gauss interceptor frigs, which arent to bad, if you can get a shot at an unamored arc

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-06 17:09   
ooh flak frigates. like perhaps frigates that mount flag torps that like explode and make mini torps? heh.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-07 01:44   
Drop some mines lead the scout to em press shift-m scout goes boom. Simple since most peeps who fly scouts dont pay much attention it seems...

tots for me
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 09:05   
how do i play this game i cant even try how to get in the game

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-07 16:34   
Doran's right; fighters all have their own weapons that are not mountable by ships. This allows us to more easily balance fighters without also changing weapon stats on other ships.
I think its a "Mass Pulse Cannon" or somesuch on fighters these days. It might have taken the art from gauss, though, to save time/effort.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.016877 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR