No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » For all you paypal users out there, BEWARE!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author For all you paypal users out there, BEWARE!!!
Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-07 05:49   
Bandit I've gotten Court Papers saying Pay-Pal does this and That.The Court Papers came from PPL Pay-Pal (E-Bay) Has Fired So Take this into Mind "Do Not Beleave The Stories you have Read Becuase They are LIES!"

Goto the website of Zeritu
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-07 07:48   
i keep no more than 10 bux in my bank account anyway

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-07 09:58   
Anybody else find it ironic that the first site seems to be saying "paypal isn't any good, please go to my business site to buy my services instead"?

My personal opinion - protect yourself. Attach a credit card to the account, limit the transactions so if they do any administrative actions you limit your liability - and do not chargeback for frivolous reasons.

Nax

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 10:26   
Clearly, you failed to read. Nice people with good records have been getting screwed, and instead of making it right, paypal requests proof of identity be faxed to them, over and over and over, until people get frustrated and give up.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
SoNiC
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:47   
I think, it's just a way to let PayPal look bad in the eyes of the consumers, to gain customers.
Don't you think it's a little obvious they want you to use their way of payment??

Especially the following sentence gets my attention:

'Special NoPayPal.com Mecrchant Account with specially negotiaded rates"

They use fictive statements of former employees to convince you.....c'mon TellSell programms on the TV do this every day....

[ This Message was edited by: SoNiC on 2005-08-07 12:48 ]

Email SoNiC
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 12:50   
Quote:

On 2005-08-07 10:26, NoPants2win wrote:
Clearly, you failed to read. Nice people with good records have been getting screwed, and instead of making it right, paypal requests proof of identity be faxed to them, over and over and over, until people get frustrated and give up.

He is correct. If you people will sit and READ, then you will get what it is saying. If only a few people were saying these things about paypal, I would brush it off as being lies. But, since it is HUNDREDS of people saying the same things, well what does that tell you.

One employee clearly states that paypal OUTSOURCES its customer no service and part of its accounts departments to India, a 3rd world country! hello! That means that those people have access to YOUR paypal account AND any bank account or credit card that the paypal account is linked to. That should throw up a red flag right there!

Now it seems that more sellers are getting shafted then buyers. But nontheless, buyers are getting screwed aswell. Lets say that you sell me something, I pay you through paypal. You send me a payment recieved and a notice of shippment. Now I knowing it will take about 6 days to get to me, turn around and send paypal a email the next day stateing that I never recieved the package. Paypal WILL refund my money AND FREEZE your account WITHOUT notifying you. I get my money back and keep your product and you are SOL with a frozen paypal account with a NEGATIVE balance. If they do somehow unfreeze the account and you don't pay up, then they will try to take it from the bank account or cc that is linked to that account. If they can't then they will turn it over to collections and ruin your credit record! Get the picture?

Now if you buy something from the same person more than once, paypal will flag your account as fraudulent and you stand a 90% chance that they will freeze your account and keep it frozen till you give up and they rack up intrest fees and make off with your money.

90% of the victims have said that they as well have had paypal account for years and then BAM. Their screwed.

Don't take chances with your money! I don't like giving my money away for free, do you? I'm giving you warning as to how they operate. It is up to you to protect yourself and don't wait till it happends to you. It will be too late.

If you want to protect yourself and still use paypal, then here is what you need to do......

open a new BANK account and use the new account for your home and personal expenses as usuall. Keep the old account registered with paypal and only put money in that bank account that you will spend on ebay through paypal. DO NOT KEEP MONEY IN IT. Only put the money it it that you will use. NEVER KEEP money in your PAYPAL ACCOUNT! EVER! If someone pays you for a auction. IMEDIATLEY transfer that money from your paypal account to you bank account and then to your new bank account so they CAN'T touch it BEFORE you send notice of shippment. NEVER accociate your new bank account with paypal. They retain every bit of info you give them and will use it against you.

Like I said, they have not screwed me either, YET. Now that I KNOW this info, I have taken steps to protect my money. As should you! If you still feel you are safe, then all I can say is I tried to warn you.

And one more thing. If the bank account that is linked to paypal has OVERDRAFT protection then tell the bank to take it off or they will still screw you even if there is no money in that account.

Im happy to see that some people here are already aware of paypal's fraudulent ways of doing business!

Good luck

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2005-08-07 13:40 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 13:10   
Quote:

On 2005-08-06 19:44, Depthcharge wrote:

Paypal is regulated by teh way. Because they deal with credit cards, and actually have their own credit card line, you better believe they have standards they must maintain or Master Card, Visa and the rest would dump them. "
-Andy Cap

Ok, now let me inform you of something....

You know those End User Agreements that you click yes to without reading them? THAT IS their ONLY regulation! They can do whatever that want as long as it is in that agreement that you click yes to!! mastercard and visa don't care. YOU CLICKED YES! There was a story in the pc mag about this very subject. And there is no laws to overpower it.

Did you know, that it states in the paypal EULA that you MAY NOT sue them in ANY court for ANY reason? Alot of people have taken them to court only to have the case thrown out.

Paypal IS NOT regulated by ANYONE or ANYTHING but that EULA that you clicked yes to. Remember that!

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 21:21   
Quote:

On 2005-08-07 05:49, Zeritu {Da Hui} Recruiting wrote:
Bandit I've gotten Court Papers saying Pay-Pal does this and That.The Court Papers came from PPL Pay-Pal (E-Bay) Has Fired So Take this into Mind "Do Not Beleave The Stories you have Read Becuase They are LIES!"

You know, I reread your post and your point just hit me. Am I correct when I say that you think that those employees are lieing about paypal just because they quit or got fired?

Let me enlighten you a little....

I have inside information that proves that my boss (assistant manager) is stealing money from the company I work for and our customers as well as his little B**** boy. Now my boss is buddy buddys with the owner of the company. I can't come forward with this info because I know he will not be fired for it just wrote up and chewed out. If I do, nothing will become of it and he WILL find a way to terminate my employment!!

BUT...

If I quit or am fired anyway for something, you bet your ass I will let eveyone know what he is doing.

So, YOUR gonna tell me that just because they got fired, they must be lieing? Keep that in mind.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2005-08-07 21:58 ]

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-07 22:04   
Bandit that is who 90% of the PPL are in the World If they get Fired they Ether take up Aims agenst them or Sue the Crap out of them and Spread Lies about there former Employers Maybe .01% of them Stories you posted Are Ture but the Other 99.99% are Lies.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 22:51   
Ok, here is one out of the HUNDREDS of stories that are online....

On Jan 21, 2005 PayPal withdrew $5050 from my PayPal without notice. I found out while paying for groceries -- my debit card was rejected for insufficient funds and when I contacted my bank (HSBC US) they said PayPal submitted an electronic check for $5050.

When I checked my PayPal account online, it was "Limited account Access" there was no transactional info about the $5050. That was also apparent from the bank statement.

It is now Feb 6 2005 and PayPal continues to send me requests forme to fax them drivers license, more bank statements, more credit cards statement, more utility bills to verify my identity. I have cooperated with every request, as well as filed and Affidavit at my bank, but do date, I have not a dollar of the $5050 they cleaned out of my BANK account. I have heard of peoples PayPal accounts being frozen and cleaned out, but never feared they would do that to my BANK account. I never sold anything using PayPal, so it has nothing to do with chargeback. It has nothing to do with a purchase. Paypal won't tell anyone (not even my bank) why they took out so much money in the first place. The worst part is PayPal acting as a bank did not verify any info when it TOOK my money, but wants to pretend its verifying till kindome come AFTER taking all that money out of a bank account.

The "Protection from Unauthorized Withdrawals" slogan to get you to "Verify your Account" couldn't be FARTHER from the truth. Goodbye PayPal an Ebay company, see you in court.

Sincerely,

Hollis, Distressed and Outraged and Robbed, Stabbed in the Back, Former Customer.

This is just one that I was reading when I decided to check back here.
Just keep being nieve....... The next story I read might be yours.

Oh, and I didn't post those stories. The people that got screwed posted those stories. There are thousands of other people that have not posted their story because they dont know about the sites.

Well anyway, i'm through trying to help you guys avoid getting shafted. Take this for want you want and good luck to you.

But do this one time and you will see what I am talking about if your not scared of paypal. Log in to your paypal account from a friends house who also has a paypal account!

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2005-08-07 23:07 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 23:03   
Tried to double post on me

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2005-08-07 23:05 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-07 23:24   
Quote:

On 2005-08-07 22:04, Zeritu {Da Hui} Recruiting wrote:
Bandit that is who 90% of the PPL are in the World If they get Fired they Ether take up Aims agenst them or Sue the Crap out of them and Spread Lies about there former Employers Maybe .01% of them Stories you posted Are Ture but the Other 99.99% are Lies.

And yet again you FAILED to see the point.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-08 04:15   
Quote:

One employee clearly states that paypal OUTSOURCES its customer no service and part of its accounts departments to India, a 3rd world country! hello!

Well I am not sure about how you declare India as a Third World Country.

Been there in my travels in the US Navy and they are no Third World Country. I mean they cannot too much of a Third World Country if the have Nucular Arms, Aircraft Carriers (they purchesed the Ex-French CV Foch) and happen to have been a member of the UN Security Council.

Pretty good for a Third World Country Heh?

As far as pay-pal... I just use my Capital One Visa......

Nuff Said...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-08 04:30   
Bandit your just Seeing All the Lies that the Former Employies what you to see.What money that is taken from your account is what you tell them to take by using there service.They cann't take any Funds from your account with out you telling them to.That $5050 Taken from my account Storie Looks like that Person went on a Sopping Spree on Ebay and got some New Electronics Like some TV's or Computers and Didn't have the Money to pay for it.Bandit If you want to Belive them Lieing Stories Go for it Because That is what they are Lies.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-08 05:42   
Its easy, guys.
Its another company trying to get business fro Pay Pal. Not difficault to understand. Of course he is going to back up his claims that people should leave Pay Pal. Standard Business sense.
Not difficault is it.#

i bet you also fall for the spam asking you to send your credit details in as the bank is updating its records. usually to some place in Nigeria. DOH

Wise up children.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024412 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR