No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A way that the whole prestige loss fiasco could have been avoided...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author A way that the whole prestige loss fiasco could have been avoided...
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-31 10:03   
Quote:

1.) Were all Officers in the Respwektive Factions Fleets.... Talk about Realism... does the Bomber Pilot need to Buy that Bombs himself?!
Does the commanding officer of an Carrier group need to buy the Carrier or its equipment?

Perhaps if you joined a fleet, you get a discount? Pretty much your incharge of your ship and your weapons, if you want bombs, the faction has to have some sort of revenue comming in.

Quote:

2.) "2. Something to work for, that takes really no time to work for - If everyone could get everything handed on the silver platter, whats really the point of said already earned credits?"

I would say its already enough work to get Prestige and Badges. Why add another bothersome element? Whats wrong with the silver platter aproach?

Er..yeah. Im guessing you didn't read again. A. How can it be bothersome when you really have to take little if no time to get the credits?

B. Silver platter approaches may make some jump for joy, but im one who likes things to be earned not given.

Again, these are our opinions though...

Quote:

3. Something else to do while playing - Meaning while having fun, you still gain the credits for ship mods.

If it are missions that dont take effort: why have them in the first place?
If it are missions that take efforrt (and thus become bothersome) why add them in the first place?

Heres how a mission works : You get a mission, probably in THAT area. And probably during the time your actually doing that.

For example, in a fleet engagement, you are given the opprotunty to engage a specific enemy.

Essentially you kill him/her, you get the credits. While playing. No diverting from a task, no going out of your way to do it, you do it as your playing

Thus it can only be bothersome if its a mission five systems away, which probably wont be the case.

Also, a question for you, if their so easy to gain why not have it?

Quote:

Just get rid of credits all together.

I guess its a weird thing, but I have never seen anyone suggest this, mostly because people, even newbs, when the mission system was around, didn't have anything to gripe about.

I still don't see what there is to complain about. You play, you get credits uber easy fast simple like before with a small amount of effort like before, you mod your ship, your happy.

Whats the problem here? None. Nadda. Zip. There is no time sink, unless you count the time it takes to mod a time sink, there is no grinding, there is no slaving for that extra credit its handed to you for the simple job of playing the game.

So I ask once more, what exactly is the problem, since I've outlined every solution to every forthcomming problem, I still wait to hear whats wrong...

-Ent

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-31 10:57   
The problem is:

if it is so super easy and convenient to get credits: what is the point of having them?

"but im one who likes things to be earned not given."

you earned your rank and badges as officer in the ICC/UGTO/Kluth Fleet (and im talking about the Faction as whole, the "player fleets" are more like sub divisions).
The UGTO/ICC/Kluth pays your ship, your crew and pays for the changes you want to make to the ship.

there simply is no place for "players buying their ship mods themselves", since youre NOT an elite-like freelance pilot, youre a commanding officer of the UGTO Navy, The ICC Navy or the Evil Kluth Empire.

Id rather have missions for additional prestige and Badges (for example badges for distinguished sefrvice ant stuff like that.)

Leave credits out of the game... free modding for everyone from the first second on. (replace leveling with ship based scaling of weapons and devices).

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-31 11:13   
Quote:

On 2005-07-31 10:57, EADalltorpsfrntplz wrote:
The problem is:
if it is so super easy and convenient to get credits: what is the point of having them?

"but im one who likes things to be earned not given."

A little extra work? Something for players to do when they already have everything?

Not only that, in 1,483 versions, why is credits suddenly a problem?

Was there problems in 1.482? No! 481? Never! In fact, this is the first time someones ever complained about credits when its going to be oh so easy

Quote:

you earned your rank and badges as officer in the ICC/UGTO/Kluth Fleet (and im talking about the Faction as whole, the "player fleets" are more like sub divisions).
The UGTO/ICC/Kluth pays your ship, your crew and pays for the changes you want to make to the ship.

You pay for your ship if you remember? The money you spend goes towards a faction to build the device, it NEEDs money, want realisim? What faction has unlimited money to spend on every ship? The faction pay for stock, anything special you want, that comes out of your pocket.

Quote:

there simply is no place for "players buying their ship mods themselves", since youre NOT an elite-like freelance pilot, youre a commanding officer of the UGTO Navy, The ICC Navy or the Evil Kluth Empire.

Indeed, and you get PAID for that don't you? Since when do pilots work for free? Remember realsim? What commanding officer of a faction, woulden't get paid?

And you need something to spend that money on, see the above.

Quote:

Id rather have missions for additional prestige and Badges (for example badges for distinguished sefrvice ant stuff like that.)

Lets apply the same thing to what you say shall we?

Newbies, from the start, wont be able to do missions that give decent prestige, only small time, with no credits that should be easy right? Wrong. This means sure they have a modded ship, but its not powerful enough for higher missions.

Remember, missions will probably based on rank too...
But what if missions were easy? What would be the point of having them?

"But if missions are easy, it wont be bothersome."

Why don't we just give everyone infinity prestige and all badges![/sarcasm]

See my point? Paying for your mods has been something from way back when, and never has been a problem until this short time sink 1.483 had, but thats solved, with a new credit earning system on the way.

So really...why is it suddenly now a problem, when it has never been one before? Upgrades yes, modding however...

-Ent

Deleted
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-31 12:10   
Quote:

On 2005-07-30 17:20, Knuckx117 wrote:

On an unlrelated note, My clan name is Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. motto: Feet first into hell... In other words, at the beginning of a scenerio, I get a transport ship, drop infantry on a planet, then while they're capturing the planet, I go and switch to an engineering ship, By the time I come back, the planet is captured, and I put 1 of everything on it, and about 4 barracks, and take the two infatnry I originally had, and go capture the nearest planet to the one I just took. I'm capturing and building planets so fast, that sometimes, people don't even join the game under the ICC, just because I'm doing so well on my own... Speaking of which, I was able to hold off 2 interceptor frigates and an assault corvette with an m-125 engineering ship... Hurray for shields!! =D

Thats pretty well off-topic. But thats not what i wanted to say.
What you are saying is obviously that ICC smaller ships shields are way to overpowered.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-31 13:41   
Another thing, enterprise:

Sine we have virtualy no credit loss anymore, players will quckly reach the mood point. if you have ammased around 10 million $, that will keep you going till GA rank, since a fully modded dreads costs around 9 mil (including the base price when choosing that ship).

So, without loss and with this mood point where any further gains wont do you much good, means its useless and can be simply voided alltogether by removing costs and credits.

"You pay for your ship if you remember? The money you spend goes towards a faction to build the device, it NEEDs money, want realisim? What faction has unlimited money to spend on every ship? The faction pay for stock, anything special you want, that comes out of your pocket. "

If there are no credits, there (following simple logic) is no need to pay for ships too.
Modding is not "anything special" The items are already there (remember? no item build times and the like, just click and get), provided by the powerful industrial complex and already paid by the UGTO8ICC/Kluth. They are in stock already and all YOU do is take out an device, hand it to the cargo master who gives you your desired torpedolauncher and put that one in place of the old one.

"Indeed, and you get PAID for that don't you? Since when do pilots work for free? Remember realsim? What commanding officer of a faction, woulden't get paid?

And you need something to spend that money on, see the above. "

In an abstract way, yes as an officer im Paid money. Money that goes to my Familiy, Bills and Other Private Stuff.

Does the Captain of an submarine pays for taking with him an aditional torpedo instead of a MOSS?
nah.. Antrag hin, Gegründung, fertig.

"Newbies, from the start, wont be able to do missions that give decent prestige, only small time,"

Says who?

"with no credits that should be easy right? Wrong."

Its easier to make a mission in a fully modded ship that is geared towards YOUR individual needs rather than being an generic good for nothing ship.

"This means sure they have a modded ship, but its not powerful enough for higher missions. "

Thats why they don't get the higher missions....

What are you thinking? That Missions like "go lil frig kill that battlestation over there at this heavily defended planet" will be assigned to officers below admiral rank? NO... the officers below get missions to attack the other target.. supplys, destroyers, cruisers and the like....

Or a simpe "chase away" mission where you win if the enemy leaves the area...

Its an undeniable fact that having a modded ship increases your odds of survival, as does a bigger, more powerfull ship.

So without credits you get a modded ship anytime, even the newb gets it (and experiences the game from a more fun perspective right from the start.).
With missions yielding prestige they also gain ranks faster, increasing the fun factor again.

So without creds and with pres missions its an win/win situation.

Following, for example, your proposal is a detour win/detour win situation that will ultimatly result in the same, but only after taking the detour over beginner-frustration.

So, why taking detours if the result is the same?

[ This Message was edited by: EADalltorpsfrntplz on 2005-07-31 13:45 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009340 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR