No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Would you like some overpower with your ICC scout?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Would you like some overpower with your ICC scout?
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 22:42   
EDIT: To simplify things I've moved all useful evidence to this post and deleted most of my other posts...

Lets be honest, there is something broken with ICC scouts. It's really that simple, when a scout can withstand multiple alpha's from a mandi and two cruisers, then escape with little hull damage you cannot claim that it is balanced.

Unfounded claims you say? I have no evidence of this supposed multiple alpha withstanding? My client was not responsible for lagging into...wait, wrong post...well actually, as a midshipmen I have very few things I can do (because I can't supply or build...which by the way were both options for midshipmen until this patch...engis could be modded w/ reloads to make midshipmen sup ships) I've been flying ICC scouts (fully modded) alot recently, and have taken a few pics of it's overpoweredness...I shall now prevent my evidence as if I was in court, because I have nothing better to do.

Exhibit A:

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fire5xh.jpg

This exhibit speaks for itself, however since I, the lawyer, am getting paid by the hour, I shall rant on a bit. This Mandible assaulted my clients ship with a full alpha. My client dodged the torpedos and psi-cannons (because the dodge is part of the uberness) and was hit by the Disruptors and Assault Disruptors. This picture was taken a few seconds after the weapons were discharged upon my client, and shows the damage taken from these weapons. A grand total of 4% shield damage was taken from the disruptors fired upon my client. Not enough evidence? Good thing I've got a bunch more exhibits...as a side-note take note of the time index, 10:25:23...not only does this show that the MV resets far too much, but it will come in handy later...

Exhibit B:

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=navview3jw.jpg

This exhibit shows the three ships which assaulted my client, a mandible and two cruisers who's classes my client remembers as paracite and scale.

Exhibit C:

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damagejump8mm.jpg

This exhibit shows my client escaping the scene of the cri...battle...note the time index, 10:26:54. 1:31 after the alpha portrait'd in Exhibit A my client fled, primarily due to risk of lagging into the JG and the possibility that he was more damaged than he saw. This did not prove to be the case. After a minute and a half of taking alpha after alpha from a K'luth dreadnaught and two cruisers my client fled with a mere 17% hull damage and shields to spare (which were not moved to other shield arcs because of extreme lag)

Exhibit D:

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=repairtime0vc.jpg

This exhibit shows the time spent before all shield arcs were at 100% power. (hull was still damaged for another 10-15 seconds until a planet with a depot was found) in effect a "reload" time for the scout. Note the time index, 10:28:48. 1:54 after leaving the scene of the cri...battle. Essentially, this scout could attack for a minute, retreat for a minute, attack for a minute etc. all day. And although there are no pictures of this my client was dealing damage to these K'luth in question, one K'luth destroyer attacked before any of these pictures sustained hull damage before jumping in such a way that my client was unable to follow.

ICC scouts have far too much shielding. This is a serious problem that needs to be looked at. I realize I took a slightly joking tone in this post, but this is no laughing matter. A SCOUT took on a Dreadnaught and two cruisers for a minute and a half and got away with minimal hull damage...That same scout damaged a destroyer to approximatly 97% armor before it excaped on it's own. A fully modded ICC scout in the newbie server can take on ANYTHING and survive. I have yet to lose an arc of armor in the newbie server to anything, even K'luth planetary ruptors...yes, there are probably more important things for you to look at, lag, eccm spamming, dictor spam...etc. But this is a serious problem that deserves it's place among those critical issues.

EDIT:

My client would like to present more evidence, for the more sceptical of you out there. Therefore my client went to attack a destroyer, in hopes of showing that the scout can not be harmed, but got more than he could've dreamed for evidence...

Exhibit A2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlestart9hz.jpg

In this picture you can see my clients original target, a K'luth destroyer, take note of the time indexes please, 3:41:27...once more proving the MV resets far too much...

Exhibit B2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firstalpha1et.jpg

In this picture you can clearly see a K'luth mandible which decloaked and alpha'd my client, the damage done is clearer since this picture was taken later than the earlier exhibit. Again, note the time index, 3:41:37...a meer 10 seconds after the start of the battle...

Exhibit C2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secondalpha7uq.jpg

In this picture you can see the damage done by my client withstaining a second alpha, all shields are around 30% damaged...from 2 alphas...also note my clients target, my client on his own has done 7% armor damage to a ship 2 classes higher than his own...which is perfectly balanced. The weapons of this scout need not change, just the armor. Time Index: 3:42:47, 1:10 after the first alpha

Exhibit D2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supplyship4hz.jpg

Convieniently for my clients cause, and sadly for the supply ship, a supply ship entered the arena and was hit with one alpha from a dreadnaught. It's shields were pierced and it's hull damaged from a single alpha. Time Index: 3:42:29, before my client withstood the second alpha.

Exhibit E2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enemydamage9ng.jpg

In this picture you can see the damage my client was able to do to the enemy. Time index 3:43:03, 1:36 after the battle start my clients torpedos were able to do 20% armor damage to the enemy.

Exhibit F2:

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fourthalpha5lk.jpg

My client is sad to report that the third alpha sustained could not be caught on film, unfortunatly just before the firing of the third alpha there was a lag spike and my client was too busy shifting shields to avoid hull damage to take a picture. However the fourth alpha was caught on film, and displayed here. Note the time, 3:44:05...2:28 after the first alpha my client left the scene to post here. With some basic math a shield total of 67.4 can be reached. My client sustatined less than 40% shield damage from a mandible alphaing him 4 times. That, I believe, speaks volumes about the imbalance.

The Prosecution rests. Zzzzzzzzz...

EDIT:

As for UGTO being as good as ICC, that's not totally true...here's more evidence

Exhibit UGTO A:

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scout1lh.jpg

My client modded up a UGTO assault corvette with full armor, drives etc. and flew it to attack the luth...

Exhibit UGTO B:

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death1si.jpg

As you can see, 2 def base 3's (luth) killed my client with no problem...

EDIT:

Exhibit ICC A:

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scout2nj.jpg

My client then took an ICC scout to the same planet (this time with active shields and little lag)

Exhibit ICC B:

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmg0gd.jpg

The scout was hit by 3 def base 3's and survived with 60.25 remaining shields...meaning that those 3 def base lasers had the power of 4 Mandible alphas...which is odd to say the least...but also shows the power of the scout, a UGTO scout is destroyed before I can react to shift the damage, and an ICC one takes no hull damage because the ttk is long enough for the scout to turn/reinforce...

And thus the evidence against the ICC scout is beyond a reasonable doubt.

[ This Message was edited by: Binks(Give Midshipmen Sup/Engy) on 2005-07-30 23:06 ]