No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a simple request. to make everyone happy.
 Author a simple request. to make everyone happy.
Asteroid
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-29 15:47   
Please Remove Prestige loss from crashing into planets until lag is gone.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 15:50   
then what is to stop people from following their bombs into planets?

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 15:52   
Wasn't there a post exactly like this yesterday or the day before?

Email Tbone
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 15:58   
Yes, there was, and I made reply that it would not make me, and probably many people, happy.

Self-destructs already bother some people, if people ditch out of battle early.. I imagine plowing into a planet would be just as bad. Losing in battle? Fly into the nearest space rock and avoid all penalty. Yeah, people will love that.

It solves one problem, but not another.

Email Shigernafy
Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 16:14   
the overall problem is prestige loss is too high(or rather, resources lost is too high)..

at this moment, i usually quit playing as soon as i die, because i'm way too frustrated at losing several days worth of prestige w/ 1 lousy death..

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 17:12   
pres loss is so high i refuse to bomb anymore... im not takeing my brood anywhere near a planet even with the credit changes... lag was bad before, to the tune of around 5 claves and a few carers night...

now with the stronger planet defence a dread is required to take out clusters and along with the greater loss of pres for lost ships there is no way im gona be bombing...

moded brood a last week... bombed 4 planets got to #5 and boom slamed into a planet that was not there... madded another a few nights later bombed one planet and boom lagged right into it...

if you realy want to get rid od lagging into planets you need to make the game client side... this way when the player flys by a planet he flys by and not into it... i know it is not gona happen... after all client side opens up the game for hax...

never mind the lovely bugs going on right now that give you many extra wepones/drives/armor slots... i have had to mod 5 hives (soon to be 6 because the one i have atm bugged out on me last night) because of thoughs bugs...

the garage bug is still in effect as well...

droping is just great if you like to fail over and over.... tryed 3 times to drop on a planet last night... this thing was bombed into the ground and still the troops never made it down...

destroyers are still near impossable to kill and the bug that give you extra slots does not help... the wepon lvl on the destroyers was NOT the problem... the problem is the lvl 10 armor (dispite lvl 10 on a drestroyer not being the = to a dread) and speed... SPEED IS ARMOR, not being able to be hit consistenly is amost as good as armor...

MV crashing... over and over and over sometimes 3 times a day (maybe more im not on all the time)

lag spikes lasting 10 to 30sec sometimes much longer...

almost pissed enough to whish i didnt pay to play for another 3 months...

so i kick back try and make pres where i can and hope that it is fixed soon...

edit... my simple request... fix it... ty

[small][ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-07-29 17:13 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-07-29 17:16 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-29 17:18   
frigate wars!

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2005-07-29 17:27   
if that were the case id simply run unto planets for the fun of it...

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-29 21:09   
shig i think for once i'm gonan voive out against you .... ya make it sound like ya'll all correct in saying ohh ya can reduce prestige lost coz ppl wount get their kill .. when ya think of it i say ppl losing senseless prestiege crashing into planets coz of lag .. due to the flay in the system outweight more then kill hunger gun hoe pilots happiness ffs dude look at how many people been spaming about lag crash and how many might get disgruntle because they didn't get the kill and also priestiege is gain from hull damage who cares if you get the kill or not .. look at the bigger picture and do something about it insterd of giving smerk reason

gahhhhh ...

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2005-07-29 23:31   
Just make the planets bouncy to ships (Like huge beach balls in space) - with perhaps a 20% velocity bonus as you come off the planet - would make clusters alot of fun

Soz......just ignore me

shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-29 23:38   
i kinda like that idea, with one exception, make hitting a planet to shield/armour damage, not insta death, this insta death combined with lag and the high pres lost is just stupid.

-DeadBreed-
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-30 02:55   
while on the topic of planet deaths, something has to be done about the slots where tractor beams go, and other "special I" stuff goes. i swear you can put a rough total of 8 tractor beams at LVL 10 on a scout, then all hell breaks loose to the ppl orbiting a planet....
(x has been demoted to....)

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-30 03:38   
Like i agree, Reduce the amount of Res due to a planetary collision, Christ on a cracker, its overkill 1500 For a battle station and this is coming from Nim! 150 for a Frigate 250 for a Dessie ugh! no wonder none of us have gained ranks! this game is soo friggin hard and it used to be easy! but i guess this is what the veterns wanted, make it hard so the n00bs will be easier to kill, GAH! YALL MAKE ME SICK! /rant but for serious come on faustus do this for me, for everyone make res lost a thing of the past, and stop pres lost,

i'd rather keep my HARD EARNED points instead of lose them

Email GothThug {C?}
I am Batman
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-30 12:23   
and yet again.....nothing is done

Page created in 0.040888 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR