No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » video card comparisons
 Author video card comparisons
The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-23 08:15   
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2466&p=3
i found this useful link while asking if a x800xt is better than a 6800 ultra, its pretty useful if anyone else is looking for a chart of the latest video cards and how thier rated over others

Email The Anarchist
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-23 11:31   
Nvidia 6*** cards and below DONT have hardware directx 9. They say "its supported" but the drivers emulate the directx 9 support. The reason Doom 3 does so well is because its OpenGL, and Nvidia chuck all they can OpenGL wise on their cards.

The reason the x850xt doesnt stand up to the 7800's is because its a generation behind. Wait for the R520 before buying a next gen Nvidia, apparently they are going to knock the socks out of anything. I tend to agree, since buying my brother a 5600FX ultra, and me a 9600XT, my XT ran games FAR better, and the 5600 had higher clock speeds AND memory.

Im an ATI fan now. They may have been plagued by old driver problem, but they are far, far better now. Even better than Nvidia ones. www.omegadrivers.net does a nice gaming performance version of the ATI drivers, since ATI fully support him doing this. Unfortunatly, Nvidia dont like omega doing that to their drivers, since he's the one who found out they didnt have hardware directx (woops), and so might find out other secrets. Because of that fact, I wont go Nvidia untill they fix their act.

ATI 4tw.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-02 13:18   
Quote:

On 2005-07-23 11:31, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Nvidia 6*** cards and below DONT have hardware directx 9. They say "its supported" but the drivers emulate the directx 9 support. The reason Doom 3 does so well is because its OpenGL, and Nvidia chuck all they can OpenGL wise on their cards.

The reason the x850xt doesnt stand up to the 7800's is because its a generation behind. Wait for the R520 before buying a next gen Nvidia, apparently they are going to knock the socks out of anything. I tend to agree, since buying my brother a 5600FX ultra, and me a 9600XT, my XT ran games FAR better, and the 5600 had higher clock speeds AND memory.

Im an ATI fan now. They may have been plagued by old driver problem, but they are far, far better now. Even better than Nvidia ones. http://www.omegadrivers.net does a nice gaming performance version of the ATI drivers, since ATI fully support him doing this. Unfortunatly, Nvidia dont like omega doing that to their drivers, since he's the one who found out they didnt have hardware directx (woops), and so might find out other secrets. Because of that fact, I wont go Nvidia untill they fix their act.

ATI 4tw.

On the otherhand Nvidia is the only option is you are going to run a unix system. Since ATI only puts 2% into their unix drivers. (They put everything into Win drivers because they are 98% of the market.)

Don't press Ctrl W!

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-02 18:33   
As I always say, watch the underdogs.

I used to swear by Intel, no more so, unless they can do extremely better than they are now, it's AMD all the way.

While I still pet my 6800 card, the NextGen card I buy will likely be the ATI, since they are rapidly taking strides past nVidia.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-06 12:36   
ATi are crapping all over Nvidia with their x850xt, in 40% of tests it beats the 7800, just remember thats a next gen card, and it shouldnt be beating it in any tests.

Cant wait for the R520's....gonna own everything.

Page created in 0.014485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR