No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Ship Resources / Fighters
 Author Ship Resources / Fighters
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2001-12-12 14:41   
Ships no longer use or require resources from the planets. We've made this change because we want to implement a different method for determining which ships are available or not. For the immediate future, the only requirements are that you have the badge and rank to take a ship.

Several changes with the fighters. Firstly, the sabot rocket has been replaced with an AR missile, making them far more deadly against other ships, however usless against planetary targets. (Note: We will be adding a fighter bomber which can attack planetary targets after release). Fighters now credit any damage done back to their mothership. Fighters can turn tighter now, which should fix the problem with fighters not being able to redock.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2001-12-12 14:52 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-12 14:56   
wow

can't expect to test the new update

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-12 15:43   
Guided missles, for fighters ?!
Hmm, by now one was able to evade sabots from fighters in a destroyer upto misslecruiser size ship... but now AR missles... fighter swarms will be really deadly then, even against the small scout ships which could dodge all fighter attacks so far

Email Chromix
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2001-12-12 16:00   
Cromix is right

Then ug gets stronger yet on the ship to ship combat now icc wont stand a chance in hell.

All icc ships should get an ecm that can counter that, right now ecm dont do s... for cruz even the scouts cant run ecm for more than a shorter time.

all ugto dreds have emp but none icc dreds have pulse shild so they are not able to defend against incomming fire at all ???

BTW: thanks for taking Dreds out of the lone bombing runs

[ This Message was edited by: Bionicman on 2001-12-13 07:34 ]

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
DoomDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-12 16:52   
Give the fighters 2 RAIL GUNS and 1 CL100.
The Laser is for mainly for point defense, weak damage.

I would also suggest that fighters don't get automaticly shoot down by point defense, you must aim manually. They should withstand a bit more damage.

I would also change the fighter gadgets into launch bays. Each Bay allows you to launch 1 fighter from the fighter pool. Each ship has a pool of fighters. For example the battle cruiser has one launch bay and 5 fighter in the pool. The carrier dread 5 bays and 20 fighter in the pool. The more bays the faster you can launch all your fighters. Since the fighters have enough ammo i would suggest 30 seconds to reload a bay.
Launched fighters can then stay longer in the battle with their guns and live a bit longer when pd don't kills them. It would also nice to set their behavior, like attack current target, defend current target, attack nearest target and so on.

Kamikaze Chicken
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-12 23:09   
GO DOOMDRAGON GO DOOMDRAGON!!! GO GO GO!!!!

um yeah his idea is great

and another thing to add to......CARRIERS ARE TO STRONG!!!! i worked hard for my 410a and i didnt want some n00b comin along with a carrier and killing me in 3 seconds

[ This Message was edited by: Kamikaze Chicken on 2001-12-12 23:11 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-12-12 23:39   
Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to shoot you all down.

Fighters can now run into other ships, which means you must launch them with care. The second a fighter flies into another ship, boom. It's gone. Second, the AR missiles fire and move very slowly, not quickly like Sabots. I just spent 20 minutes in Carrier Combat.

It's nice...we finally get prestige for carrier fighting.

-Dem

Taelron
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2001-12-12 23:57   
And it just made using a dread to clear a planet about useless...
Now dreads need support ships in order to rule...

Deleted
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2001-12-13 00:08   
I rather like that dreads cant clear planets anymore, moves for more teamwork

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2001-12-13 03:50   
yes - me 2

it will need a lot of time (after the 17.th) to regain DREAD-access again, but at least there will be a (better) chance for teamplay this way after the first dreads will appear

till now i cleared a planet with my battle-dread in about 15 minutes from the shield, the 16 elites on it, put my own on it and stay till the planet will not revolt any more

and

i do not needed any kind of support

a big step up in my eyes - tnx. once more - Faustus

[MoA] Bumblebee
Mercenaries of Andosia
MOD of the cleanest Forum in town

Email Bumblebee
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2001-12-13 03:59   
If the fighters needed to be shot down manually, I would have gotten toasted tonight.. we were having destroyer/cruiser/dread battles (which was loads of fun, with a good mix of ships, rather than all dreads) and sometimes there were two carriers launching 20 fighters at a time (it seemed) and if I had to target each of those guys manually while other missles were being fired, I wouldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds in a battle. Luckily I was ICC so I could just nuke 'em, but if I used my pulse shield and then more fighters came, I'd be done for.

So while I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to improve the fighters somehow, I don't particularly like the manual targetting method.. not while there are multiple carrier dreads, anyway.

Good suggestions though! I like the general ideas.. just had a problem with that.

Shiger

Email Shigernafy
DoomDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-13 07:12   
You shouldn't forget that i suggested a limit of 20 fighters for each carrier dread. So you have to use them carefully. When the nme is clever and shoots them manually down your carrier is helpless. You can build a fleet with the fighters and use them very good as support but attacking alone will mostly result in 20 dead fighters, even when they have to manually shoot down. Takes more skill on both sides.

Page created in 0.028841 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR