No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.3 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Build / Repair drones will no longer work when a ship is cloaked
 Author Build / Repair drones will no longer work when a ship is cloaked
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-07-20 04:22   
ok this i must strongly protest against

as it is kluth worker ships is allready some of the weakest ships in game

this can only have been surgestet by an human fraction player , i realy ask the devs to ask some kluth players before you make something radical like this.

they wount have a chance to repair any ships near a battel and pratical renders the drone workers unusefull.

hives have a huge problem also, their option to hide away but near from battel getting self fixed or fix their excortes , this change makes them about 50 % weaker in comparanson so the ugto / icc counterparts.

with this also sorta defeats the mantra than kluth should be strike and fade then, reload /repair fraction, when our surplys cant cloake at all , kluth turning more and more into an human fraction more just with lesser armor and weapons options.

if you cant reload in battel options out.

you cant just continue stripping kluth for options becaus soon no options left unless you drop new ones in.

now the option for them to cloake and repair is gone i wonder what other kind of nerfing you should do

kluth turning on the head everything can only be done when you decloaked
you can only move the ships decloaked

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock {BUM in Disguise} on 2005-07-20 04:58 ]

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-20 05:25   
When our suppies can be popped with ease, I see no reason why yours shouldn't be squishy, too. Get better at avoiding fire. We have.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-20 05:50   
well atleast icc/ugto can have them supporting in battel

let me remind all how weak kluth armor hull is

and each icc/ugto surply have 4 times as more armor/shild than an top kluth worker that only have 1 organic

even when they where able to surply then cloake it was very hard for them to stay alive inside a battel zone , due to splash dammage beacons freindly fire, this change just have made totaly impossible to use them final.

before you tell us that your surplys are weak to, you should try stay alive in battel in a kluth one more than 5 sec.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-20 07:23   
Its unfair.

Unfair = unbalanced.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-20 09:10   
I'm gonna to test the effects of this tonight, I suspect that Jack is right, it's unfair - but not in the manner he suggests

[ This Message was edited by: Maskerade {C?} on 2005-07-20 09:12 ]

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:15   
one side efect is that kluth hives cant be used to attacks they have no chance to hide an repair against the much stronger icc/ugto stations that can just waltch up to any planet untuched

when they cant self-repair they just dead meat as soon as they try to run out or hide when dammaged

so bring a hive to a planet sige is an 750 instant loss

if hives cant self rep while cloaked they not usefull anymore so basical taking 3 more ships and made them not playeble becaus no other opptions added same time to make up for the cut

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 13:56   
K'luth stations are meant for assaulting, not defence. They dont have the armour to do that.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 14:15   
im freaking not talking defence here im talking assult if you cant cloake during one or when you dammage to keep up and self repair you dead.

the surply ships have it much worse their lifetime span in battel is 5 - 10 sec

KLUTH CANT BRING THEIR SURPLYS INTO BATTEL UNDERSTAND IT

kluth is only fraction now with resent changes that cant have their surplys with them they have to be about 30k from the battel zone not to be killed instantly.

sorta taker the team aspect out of the game kluth side since if you dont bring surply you have no chance at actuly beating down the huge armor shild values on ugto/icc ships.

in one snap the 3 hives kluth cant be used becaus they cant hide and repair or reload themself or other ships while staying hiden.

most smaller ships cant get inside a battel zone becaus they run out of power before they get there.

and finaly get there they all take 70 % hul ldammage to 1 qst and dies

most dreds can fire 2 times standing still then they run out of power al llvled up with pfe aux gens in all spicials

the list continues ......

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock {BUM in Disguise} on 2005-07-21 14:16 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 14:40   
They can. They just cloak untill their target ship needs to jump out for supplies. Its how kluth work, its how i've been playing hte last few days with a supply, and I can kill anything easily using the tactic. Perhaps Ragg, this is the end of uber kluth?

Tch, shame and all. I really miss them

[/sarcasm]

You, are not, using kluth correctly. You are far too used to your uber kluth, and the old ways you played with them. Adapt to play with them.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 14:40 ]

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-22 00:44   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 13:56, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
K'luth stations are meant for assaulting, not defence. They dont have the armour to do that.

o.O

WhaaaaaaaaaAAAAA? (ala Jon Stewart) excuse me? You contradict yourself

Are there Kluth stations that go 20gu hiding somewhere that I don't know about? The fastest I can get my station to go is 6.6gu and believe me I do very much need armour to assault with it.

According to your logic, Kluth stations don't have the ability to assault, let alone defence. The only way they could assault is to have a supply with them, but a worker will die from a gaifen fart. Not to mention that since a station is a magnet the supply - which is now forced to be visible - is ironically an even bigger target because it is keeping the station alive.

With AoE weapons, beacons and other viable tactics (I will not insult anyones intelligence by listing them) cloaked vessels can be easily located- within the confines of being a support ship as that is what this thread is about. I say this because a station assaulting will need it's support close by and knowing how most play the supplies are easy to locate. Very easy if they are forced to remain uncloaked.

And as everyone knows once a station needs supply, the supply is going to be needed for more than a couple seconds. To be an OFFENSIVE faction, you must have the ability to - at the very lest - reach the battle. Not to mention the Kluth stations, save the Hive are more geared towards close combat - which goes with the offensive faction nature.

In short by hamstringing the Offensive faction by having their supply ships whether it be a underarmoured worker or the Stations remain uncloaked to repair you are forcing them into a profile in which they are not meant to be in.

Anyone can sit back and tell stories of doomsday scenarios about how such and such faction would be invulnerable if they had so many supplies helping them. That story can be said about any of teh three factions and it hold the same merit for all three. The story has ships stand as of now:

ICC - They are defensive, but if a dread or station has 8, 9 or 10 supplies watching it, it is invulnerable. Due to the fact that the supplies can rotate shields and other abilities they can become a very offensive faction. Outside their role, unbalanced so this must be unfair.

UGTO - They to middle between Offensive and Defensive, but if a dread or a station has 8, 9 or 10 supplies watching it, it is invulnerable. Due to the fact the the supplies have heavy armour and can watch over each other they have become both a very defensive and offensive faction. Well outside their role and is clearly out balanced and so unfair.

Kluth - They are an offensive faction, but if a dread or station has 8, 9, or 10 supplies it can become invulnerable. Due to the fact that kluth supplies must reamin uncloaked to supply they are targetable. KLuth supplies are weakly armoured and may be able to keep each other alive. kluth supplies are kept inside their role which is clearly unbalanced compared to the other two factions

Btw what is this much alluded to kluth player you use, I play kluth alot over many different time zones. I'd like to know, I play alot but I never see you out there.

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-22 19:16   
hmm i really want an answer from an admin on this. Why is it that backslash seems to speak for u? i see no evidence of he being an admin...or even a mod. And why do luth voices go unheard? i have seen the decline inluth players as i am one of them that has left. now if it was just acase of me wanting an uber ship i would just join hoomans, but no i refuse to play a game that only listens to a few whiners thathave the time to respond to every post.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-23 04:43   
Quote:

On 2005-07-22 00:44, Maskerade {C?} wrote:
Btw what is this much alluded to kluth player you use, I play kluth alot over many different time zones. I'd like to know, I play alot but I never see you out there.

I keep quiet about the name of it, I use the account to get away, not to be harassed.

BipBipBip
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-23 12:38   
From my experience in the MV...

ICC supply ships can stand 3 alphas from a lvl 10 Mandy before they die.
UGTO supply ships can stand 2 of those alphas.
Kluth supply dies with less than 1 half of that firepower.
While we are on this...

I don't see where is the Kluth superpower... the assault faction, the "you tear my armor in 1 alpha"..

You see..
In order to take out an ICC destroyer I have to fire (and they all must hit) at least 6 alphas from a lvl 10 mandy..
Same goes for UGTO destroyers.

UGTO and ICC cruisers are easier (not much easier, just a little bit)...

The only easy kill in the MV for us Kluth (at least in my experience) is against ICC / UGTO Dreads. Anything smaller is incredibly hard to destroy.

I know I should have taken a snapshot, but trust me on this one, the other day in the MV there were 3 mandy's and several cruisers firing at a ICC scout, he took my 6 ruptors assults's along with 9 regular ruptors (all upgraded to the max) and I did a mere 7% shield damage.... Maybe he got some additional damage from the torps spash... I don't know... the psi cannons didn't hit for sure...
still.. 3 mandys and several cruisers doing the same until he died...
is that supposed to be the Kluth superpower ?

A few weeks ago you kept saying "beta, beta! beta fixes all, go to beta, play beta"... well... I see a lot more problems now than before.

shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-23 15:49   
hmm do the admins even care anymore?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-23 17:33   
believe it or not lastfree, we have the same problem. ICC supplies are INCREADIBLY difficult to kill, it takes me more than 10 alpha's, atleast, and thats not if their cycling shields and turning their armour.

I find it far, far, far easier against dreads, they seem to die quicker dread v dread for some reason.

Page created in 0.026748 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR