Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » kind of a minor thing really: LOGIN name
 Author kind of a minor thing really: LOGIN name
PUG(uk)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 06:11   
i had an old login name originally impresario.. later PUG but on returning to DS in march i found i could not use the PUG handle. instead used pug(uk). i cant now seem to change it in my profile of login box back to PUG. any reason of fix?

like i said, kindof minor but........

thx

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-19 16:03   
Your account has two names, as you seem to be aware.

Login name: The name you originally signed up with, at account creation. This cannot be changed.

User name: Whatever you've set your name to be.
Neither of these names can be used by others.

In this case, your loginname is Impresario, and your username is pug(uk). Since you can't change your loginname, you'll have to use impresario if you want to have a constant.

As for your inability to use pug - there is another account named PuG. Since your account doesn't have pug reserved anywhere, it was taken by another player.

Example for the general reader for clarify: My username is Mithrandir. Lets say my loginname (original creation name) is Bob. Nobody can use Bob, ever, because its reserved to my account.. which means I can also always use it to login with, since I know that its reserved for me, and can't be changed. Nobody can use Mithrandir at the moment, because I'm using it. But say I change my name to Mithranbum.. now that can't be used by others, but Mithrandir can. And I can't do anything about it if someone takes it - they legitimately grabbed an unused name.

In your case: You can use impresario to login, and always will be able to.. but you can't use pug, because someone else is. Sorry.

Email Mithrandir
Page created in 0.016636 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR