Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Current Patch (The Credit quick fix)
 Author Current Patch (The Credit quick fix)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-16 16:25   
Now, usualy im not one to gripe about much in DarkSpace. Im all praise 99% of the time.

But this current patch, makes no sense to me....I'll explain why.

First off, you REMOVE credits for someone removing a ship from storage....PUNISHING people for wanting to get rid of a ship...thats a really, really bad idea. What if say, I pull out a battle dread accidently, and wanted a battle cruiser...I have to remove it, and lose the credits for it? What in the world possesed someone to impliment that...

Secondly, removing the credits when you pull a ship...I can semi understand that, but it makes doing anything in a station impossible. Yes, its sort of like insurance money...but it sucks, big time. Very few players like the idea, and there are hundreds of other ways to stop players stripping ships. This is probably one of the worst ways to have gone about it. I have to have 8 million in the bank, 24/7 to allow me to use a station (or rather upgrade it). I cant buy anything whilst I have the station out, because I have no credits. That makes zero sense....Punish people for using a ship. I know they get the credits back when they dock or log off, or get blown up, but that again, makes no sense.

Several things could be done to make this patch better.

Remove the credits loss for deleting a ship. Implement another way to fix people stripping ships (dont allow players to dock if they have more than (so many) slots empty).

Remove the credits removal for spawning (possibly the worst idea ever in darkspace).

The rest is fine, excelent even. The lower costs helps tons, and it keeps the whole "FPS-style" thing of being able to jump in, and play.

The 5 million credits, lovely, should of been done on release to help people with upgrades.

So again
Remove the credits loss for deleting a ship. Implement another way to fix people stripping ships (dont allow players to dock if they have more than (so many) slots empty).

Remove the credits removal for spawning (possibly the worst idea ever in darkspace).

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-16 17:08   
i kind of like the idea of never losing several million credits due to lag or something stupid. it helps bring more life to mv because people wont be scared to death to go into battle with their 10 million ships. i think that should be kept until a economy system that can support several million credit ships is implemented. I however do not like the credit loss for removing ships thats just stupid, i rather crash the cruiser accidentally pull out into a planet and losing 70 or so pres than losing most of my creds.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-16 17:10   
Quote:

• 1. Absolutely support this. I think the best way to prevent stripping is simply by a trade, If you want to strip, you have to pay the price : the prestige kind. Add a res loss value to taking off items at all. Especially higher level stripping should cause some dents.

• 2. I kinda like that, I just dont like how much it costs. But it is somewhat a bad idea.

Beyond that...

Love the rest. Especially reduced upgrades. Ownage.

-Ent

Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-16 17:21   
Would it be possible to implement something so IF you have the money you can mod the ship while it's docked, that way when you pull it out, the insurance kicks in AFTER you've modded it ?????

Not sure if it could be coded or not, maybe you'd have to have your mod planet (and only ONE planet) linked to the ICC gate so you could mod ships while docked or whichever faction is your home gate ?

Just a suggestion.

[ This Message was edited by: Gabriel on 2005-07-16 17:23 ]

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-16 18:44   
pssst, remove the whole credit system from the game.

What exactly would be so bad if everything was free? People could mod out their ships based on how they play the game and what they plan to do instead of just what they can afford.

If someone goes out and mines for 2 hours to gather resources for a sy planet give them pres instead.

I just really don't see the harm in removing the whole thing.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-16 19:15   
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 18:44, Sops wrote:
pssst, remove the whole credit system from the game.

What exactly would be so bad if everything was free? People could mod out their ships based on how they play the game and what they plan to do instead of just what they can afford.

If someone goes out and mines for 2 hours to gather resources for a sy planet give them pres instead.

I just really don't see the harm in removing the whole thing.

*hands the award for worst idea ever to Sops*

Distel {Combat BUMpkin} Stolz
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-07-16 19:27   
*hands award to backy for being the (altered text here)in DS*

<<

To admins (and I am sure you will get a chance to read this): This is my last DS post, as this game is obviously going nowhere. I ask quite seriously: please delete my account PERMANENTLY. I would hate to think that my account is helping to pad the membership of this dying game.

Cheers and goodbye

Distol Stolz out

(Nax - we really don't need insults here)

[ This Message was edited by: Nax on 2005-07-16 19:35 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-16 19:29   
Im not a kid.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-16 19:30 ]

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-16 19:34   
Number of accounts have little bearing on any statistics outside this game.
We do not delete accounts, however.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-16 20:04   
I um well though out a long rant and quite frankly didnt post it because its not...community friendly. Anyway after several sigs I will say this, I have never NOT played ds the way I DONT play it now due to this insane credits thingamagigger. Sry not a miner. Possibly a goodbye dunno yet at the very least doomed to play the chatting game for now.

Lag gone....GOOD!

Credits.....hmmm the next worse thing.....

*You dont fix a problem by creating 10 more*

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-16 20:29   
Sorry to see you leave Distel, and I understand your frustration.

Email James Bum007
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-16 20:58   
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 19:29, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Im not a kid.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-16 19:30 ]

Really? I always thought you were like 16 or somwhere in there. Hmmmmm

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-16 21:31   
Wrong.

shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-16 21:48   
umm ya hes a kid, maybe 18- 20?

and btw why dont u delete accounts id like my account deleted, and btw when i asked for the ban i wanted to be perma banned. am i gonna have to force your hand?

[ This Message was edited by: vapor on 2005-07-16 21:50 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-16 22:07   
Locked. Thanyou for degenerating this thread into pointless and childish insults.

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.028098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR