Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » {K'luth} The power of "Blue" (Combat Report: Chapter-3)
 Author {K'luth} The power of "Blue" (Combat Report: Chapter-3)
Deschain
Captain

Posted: 2005-07-16 13:02   
It takes the Commander more than just a few moments for his temproal-lobes to actually gather what had just occured. Did Blue actually just.... Has it truly annihilated this entire fleet of enemies in a single series of light waves?! How is this possible? Nothing in our history has even hinted at such power. Where did it come from? How was it made without the colonies discovering its existence?

So many things don't seem to add up in the commanders mind. He's confused, confounded by the very concept of it all. These hu-man ships are renowned for their resiliancy against their weapons. He's experienced this himself. His ship is still scarred heavily from their counter-fire, though his faithful AHS colonies have done well to hide these from the rest of the fleet.

His AHS... It dawns on him that they are still infected. He wonders if this strange new infection has spread to other parts of the ship, waiting for the opportune time to reveal its own presence in his direst of need. Since his deployment to these alien systems, he's grown slightly paranoid in his philosophies. With all the destruction and mayhem that has stemmed from this war, his optimism is nothing more than just a passing memory, much like the fading scenes of his younglinghood.

His mind wanders back into the neural net, sending a hailing message to his colony's ships that surrounds them both. Meanwhile, he commands his engineer onboard the Beak to begin forming a full diagnostic of the ship, in hopes of hearing something more optimistic from a trusted crew in terms of the repairs.

---------------------------
tkr'wr'ktikr'rrktttikikrtr'rtk
What a breathtaking sight that was, my colony friends! At long last, we have a weapon that can truly match the power of these frail hu-mans. Request repairs and armaments for ship. Also require consult for AHS systems. Commander concerned on new infection preventing AHS to reproduce.

R'Atha be with us all.

---------------------------

It only takes the commander a few tins to cease transmission before his engineer beckons his attention.

"Commander Klut. There is something you need to see." He calls upon the closed-circuits of the ships comm-net. At first, such a suggestion angers his mind, and his eye-spheres narrow to the size of tiny almonds. Finally, logic overrides these emotions as it dawns on him that he's beginning to behave like one of his captors.

"What is it, ensign?!" He replies with aggrivatedly, his gaze still upon the viewing portal, watching this strange new "Blue," in their orbit. Wondering, contemplating its origin and purpose.

"Commander; the hu-man ships. They are still appearing on our scanners. They.... seem to be...... They're........ They're cloaked, m'lord." The engineer states nervously, the fear in his minds' voice a testament to his hesitancy of confusing his superior.

"WHAT?!" The commander asks with a shock of his own in his thoughts.

"My lord, the ships are powered down, their cores are completely offline. But, yes.. Yes commander, our sensors show that they are inside some sort of light-bend like ours. But......... it...... yes, its an external light bend. It's coming from the outside, not from a drive."

It takes a while for this news to enter the commanders thought processes... This is unheard of. The hu-mans couldn't possibly have that sort of technology.

Wait...... And there it dawns on him......

Blue did this.....

Blue cloaked them and disabled their power systems....

Blue........ what in the name of the ancient ones are you?

((To Be Continued))

Goto the website of Deschain
Deschain
Captain

Posted: 2005-07-16 14:29   
I hope you guys are enjoying these little chapters so far. I've really been grinding my brain to come up with something fresh and exciting for you CPs(Constant Players) to devour.

If you have any questions about what's been written so far, don't hesistate to ask.

-Des-

Goto the website of Deschain
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-16 14:51   
I like this...no questions just keep it coming=)

Page created in 0.008915 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR