Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fleet Economics, a new sense of purpose in DS how to make mad bank, ADMINS READ!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Economics, a new sense of purpose in DS how to make mad bank, ADMINS READ!
$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:12   
Hello All,

I have posted here today to bring forth a point we thought of in the MV today when we realized a stellar incinerator was 150k for a lvl 0. Now we all know that we can easily spend upwards of 8million on some ships others more. but as of now there is no way to make money back that is in the least bit efficient, i means theres always mining, then again we could all play EvE.... Or hug and kiss poinsonous snake... i prefer the snakes, anywho, what i propose is this, TAXES! yes thats right taxes, we impliment a system of planetary government set by the servers to give planets monetary worth, where am i going with this, its simple, different planet will be worth more, thus giving us goals, and why would they be worth money u ask? well im very glad u asked that, cus the fleet that owns them has the money split up amoungst them, for example say a fleet with 3 people in it own a planet that is worth 3 million dollars, for every 24hours that that fleet owns that planet they make 3 million dollars for the fleet, devide up to each member, so a million each way right? wrong there will be a multiplier so for every member involved is worth say .25 just to keep it round, they add to the total amount of income.(( 3X.25) X 3000000)= 2250000 / 3 = 750000 made in 24hours per player, as u can see the larger fleet will be effected by this, however if they want to make cash they better start caping planets and be more active in the MV, now as a bonus your fleet at the 5, 10, 15, 25, 30 will be given a bonus for every planet you hold at the 5 planet interval u will get an average of all 5, all 10, all 15 for example if u have a 1mill, 3mill, 500k, 750k,2mill as an average works out to 1350000 for a bonus, devided up to the fleet with out the multiplier or with to save time in coding lol, think of it this way, in order to be sucessful as a fleet, u would need subbed, active players, that service the MV, now for those of you that are fleetless, well heres an incentive for you to become a team player, those who arent a team player well enjoy your mining cus it gets cold and lonely in space.

i think this would be a far greater system the the mission system that was exploited to the fullest degree that why it was taken out and with this one its pretty much fool proof due to the planetary timers u cant make a million in 5 secs as with the mission system u could u would get ur money in 24hrs.... if u kept the planet for that long, otherwise 23 hrs is not 24 and u do not get paid.

please let me know what u all think about this topic and please feel free to discuss,

Sincerely,
Fleet Admiral Smilingjester
Siruis Sector {=21st=}
Special Weapons And Tactics team

Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:20   
further more planet worth can be based on population and structure worth....

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:24   
Same Idea I told Admins about but didn't do the Breakdown Stats.

Goto the website of Zeritu
_HAMMER_[EGC]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:34   
I love the idea and if they put it in the game I think it would kill fleets.

I would leave my fleet and start my own with just me in it and make all the money my self. I think every one else would do that to.

But like i said i love the idea less do it

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:37   
fleet income increases based on number of players and number of planets owned. then going off to make your own fleet would be n00b

Deschain
Captain

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:39   
Well, to elaborate on such a brilliant idea...

What about salaries going to fleet positions from the taxation of the planets? Have it fund a fleet payroll, so to speak.

The salary could reflect the hieharchy of said fleet (Admins getting the most, newcomers and the like getting "Minnimum Wage," of sorts.

Just as it is in real life, give it the trickle-down effect. Keep a deposit of funds from taxation for ship development (offering a chance for the fleet to have a discount for using their fleets' starports).

This has a lot of promise. Lots of potential indeed. Good work, man!

-Des-

Goto the website of Deschain
BipBipBip
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 11:46   
I really like it!

Let's do it!

_HAMMER_[EGC]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-14 12:13   
If that is the case then the idea does not add up.

If a fleet with 1 person in it caps a planet and builds it to the max. That planet should put out just as much credit as a planet caped by a fleet with 200 members. Or else ever one would end up joing 1 fleet. Bigger fleets should be able to cap more planets and get there income from that. If the planet put out more money depending on the size of the fleet that is crap

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-14 12:17   
Hammer Fleets with one person get Deleted after a week you need 2 ppl in the fleet that arn't Clones of your account.

Goto the website of Zeritu
Longhorn213
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-14 12:48   
I would put a little twist on it. For somebody like myself that plays Darkspace in there free time, which is too say 2 to 3 hours per week on a good week, it is unfair for a fleet for me to join since my hours are never steady and I could not devote the time to them they deserve.

Having said that, I think the way to go is to have a salary similar based to the way presitage is calculated. A multiplier could go up and down based on how well the faction you are on is playing. The only draw back to that is people may jump factions when they control more planets.

Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 13:17   
team work, i know i dont get to play that much but when i do get on to play i give it my all to my fleet so just make ur time in the servers count for ur team and u will get rewarded

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 13:30   
.Ecenomy is coming next patch/

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 13:36   
Fleets should collect the revenue from upgrades purchased at their planets. In addition to the proposed taxation system. This would alos add value to owning planets in various positions, and enhance the fleets need to protect their assets.

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 13:55   
And the next pach will be out in Two Weeks™ so no worries...

Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 14:15   
i can deal with 2 weeks...XD

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.044305 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR