Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » those who have the money....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author those who have the money....
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-11 01:10   
Yeah, I was wrong. Upgrading is throwing everything out the window.

They should just get rid of it.

*Edit, not get rid of it, but disable it until an economy is in place to support it. In some way.

[ This Message was edited by: Ramius {C?} on 2005-07-11 01:13 ]

Email Ramius
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-11 03:13   
the new system should follow this pretty quickly

PUG(uk)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-11 05:33   
hey all. well it would be nice to try this update as i cant access the servers, get nothing when trying to enter servers, so had to reinstall. currently downloading at 5.2kb/s on a 2.2mbps link so see u tomorrow. plus i can no longer log into lobby . Missing it already.... addicted?

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 00:33   
Devs, do NOT turn Darkspace into *JATS !!!

If Mining is the only way to gain money, then Dark space gets it's "officialy Killed by its own Dev" Badge from me.

You either have to cut down the prices considerably or give us an efficient, not too time consuming way to gain Profits.
Mining is a BAD solution, if we wanted to play an Eve-like Game, wed play eve.
We all joined DS for the "Jump in a Ship and have fun" factor.
Now, we still can jump into ships, but its no fun anymore.
Don't even try to engage an "upgraded" ship, its useless.

1.) I Suggest you add Salarys!

Hey i'm an Officer in a Huge Space Fleet... why don't i get my Monthly salary for my Service already

Depends on Rank... for the Highter Ranking, Vice Adm. +, it should be around 15 Mil / Month (for this Monthky Expenses). A Ingame Moth should be a real life Week. Why that Much Money? If you lower the Prices you can Lower the amount of Money...

2.) Add in Bounty Missions. Ask for B. Mission, get your Target, kill your Target, get Money (and lots of it...)

3.) Make new "Fly by" Missions. Missions you do while actualy PLAYING the game. AKA Shooting the other Factions Members. The Protect Planet Missions were very nice, not only because they generated a steady amount of Cash, but because they could be "done" without actualy disrupting the gameplay (aka shooting other Factions Members).

4.) Time Sinks Are BAD

5.) If i wanted to waste my Time, i'd play Eve

Oh, another annoying thing is: you cant even change pres for Cash anymore... you know... stripping stations and sell the stuff...

/Me Votes for "Fast paced Action all the way"

Just like in the Old Times....

--------
*JATS: Just Another Time Sink

[small][ This Message was edited by: Daimen -{Rear Guard}- on 2005-07-13 00:34 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Daimen -{Rear Guard}- on 2005-07-13 02:26 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:15   
Salarys should be low, considering they might put other factors in, like automatic bounties, missions, fleet planet income, etc etc. But a salary is a very good idea.

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 05:33   
How about a large salary based on the damage dealt to the opposing factions over a week eg: ships damage, planets damaged
And a smaller payment for ships repaired and structures built that way you get paid for what you do for your faction.

[ This Message was edited by: ragAnok on 2005-07-13 05:40 ]

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 06:15   
or how about getting more cash for the minerals you mine...or something else...or anything as long as we get the money.

why didn't anyone think about this before this was released....oh that's right people got free billions in beta=/

the simple things(or atleast i think so)

- lower the cost of upgrading
- increase ammount of credits you get from minerals
- missions back

whatever, pick one and do it!

oh and please don't tell me that missions will be back in the next patch...two weeks is a long time to wait for a pach=/

[ This Message was edited by: warner_lowcharge on 2005-07-13 06:17 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-13 06:22   
Its as various players said, in the past the economy system was wrecked.. players got cash but couldnt spend it resulting in bank accounts that i wish were real.

Right now those players are being drained... imagine loosing a fulle upgraded dread its hurts

once most cash lords are drained the game should ballance out more..

if not i say rob all the players of theyr cash

- Axi

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-13 06:44   
i know of maybe 3 ships in the ICC fleet that are constantly modded, and the 1 thats on the most isnt fully modded at any time

so weve been making all this progress with stock ships and good tactics.

i dunno, i think UGTO ships jump out the second their armour gets below 20 cause theyre scared to hell theyll lose their precious ship, and luthies dont have enough people on or are organised enough to do anything about us. so really its just all too easy atm.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-13 07:45   
Quote:
a mandy and 2 scarabs went up against an icc ad.. unloaded everything on him (he was modded at lvl 10 armor/shielding it seems) and when it was over, not even a dent..

This is my concern. I've noticed that stock ships do nothing in the way of damage. This is from a Kluth point of view; Ive done decent damage in an ICC ship.

For some reason Kluth weapons seem more nerfed than they should be. An alpha strike from a Kluth should be able to do a little damage at least. Now they're lucky to dent shields/armor 5%.

And a byproduct of being forced to upgrade for tons of cash is more standoffs. You know, where fleets camp their planets and refuse to move in on each other for fear of losing what they paid for.

I like the idea of upgrading but I realize that the old maps and credit systems aren't designed with it in mind.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-13 07:50   
What you see is 5%, but really, they've just lost about 25-50% of one armour arc.

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 12:24   
I come here now only to keep track of whats in store for the economy system, I am not playing until something better is in place.

I heard it tossed around in beta that everyone get there credits stripped and everyone gets the same amount of starter money ...those that waste it foolishly...waste it and its gone.In addition there has to:

A) either have the cost of modding reduced to a more managable level (like say at least half the cost if not more)

B) Have a better way to make credits happen...the current resource values make mining almost worthless in MV.As for trade between planets the few planets that are actually close enough to trade between their starports without having to move the ship (essential given the low resource profit from trip...if you plan to make any signifigant amount of money in a resonable amount of time) the profits are still too low.

C) Both.

I know something has to change and probably will...I eagerly await those changes, otherwise I will only come here to sit in the lobby because in reality I dont want to abandon the best online community on the net.

P.S. it's not cause kluth have no players on that they are unable to mount a defense....it's cause the majority of kluth players are trying to make some money...because kluth ships are particulary feeble in a unmodded state and need at least some mods to stand a chance vs. even a stock enemy.

Please don't let this game become Eve junior......

Captain Stern

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 13:22   
Yah know... Luth, don't mod your ships... don't bother. they eare easy to kill. But that's only cause you guys REFUSE to use an sort of teamwork versus ICC, I constatnly see the ICC attackign in large group with people giving and following orders, even UGTO seems roughly organized. K'lluth on the other hand only attack one at a time, or maybe with 2 cruisers or so at a time. And they get pwnd... simply.

It's not that your ships and weapons suck. It's just that we outnumber you in any given situation both in ships, and firepower, becuase you don't stick together and coordinate your attacks. That cloak you have is IMMENSE.

My suggestion. USE IT FFS.

sheesh.

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 15:25   
Scrap the upgrade system already or the richer will get richer and the poorer will get pissed off and leave and you know that the poors always make up for the submerged part of the iceberg which is 9 times the size of whats afloat. Even tho I absolutely LOVE this game, I can't see it get turned into yet another time sink. I play DS to have fun, not to have my "entertainment" time eaten up by mining chores. I play casually, and most of my friends who are mostly vets all play casually too, only the money/prestige-less noobs play hardcore. So in the end, if the vets aren't happy, and the noobs get frustrated, how good is that system?

Possible fix : Have HUGE rewards for missions, that way newbs can upgrade their frigates/scouts/destroyers fast and gain pres fast by killing the bigger badder ships. But once they move on to the bigger ships, their progress will be hindered by how much they can upgrade, giving a steeper curve for attaining the top for everyone as they progress. But that fix wouldn't still make me ( and all the other players that are at least 1 or 2 years into the game ) play the game again. Little chaoz just left along with DarkVorlon... I may be the next....

ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-13 15:27   
Quote:

On 2005-07-13 13:22, TF-72 {Leggo My Bito} wrote:
Yah know... Luth, don't mod your ships... don't bother. they eare easy to kill. But that's only cause you guys REFUSE to use an sort of teamwork versus ICC, I constatnly see the ICC attackign in large group with people giving and following orders, even UGTO seems roughly organized. K'lluth on the other hand only attack one at a time, or maybe with 2 cruisers or so at a time. And they get pwnd... simply.

It's not that your ships and weapons suck. It's just that we outnumber you in any given situation both in ships, and firepower, becuase you don't stick together and coordinate your attacks. That cloak you have is IMMENSE.

My suggestion. USE IT FFS.

sheesh.

A) Read what stern said.. alot of us are trying to make money to mod shops

B) I dont know if you realize this, but kluth have been changed dramatically in terms of style of play. Alot of players that you have gone up against still play like 1.480+ and not 1.483..

This is partly because we dont do nearly enough damage on our first strike as we used to.. Think about it.. back before all of this a dread would do a significant amount of damage decloaking from behind and unloading everything theyve got on an unsuspecting enemy..

Nowadays, it doesnt work like that. So dont think its because we cant work together, its because we're not used to having to RELY on each other so much to bring down you measily humans.. cloak is good yes, but what good is it if we have to keep doing it over and over again because we do crap for dmg (unmodded)

Email ReZ
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026304 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR