No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ports
 Author ports
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-09 13:45   
hmm not reallt sure if this is the proper place for this but owell, ok heres the question, in a recent interview Faustus mentions that he is planning on porting ds to other platforms, now is one of these platforms for a linux client, and if so how far along is it.
thanks in advance for anty response

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-09 14:37   
I think he's mainly porting the server software over the *nix at the moment. I don't know if there are plans for the client or how far along this is; I know that the server is in progress and fairly close as I understand it.

Email Mithrandir
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-09 14:46   
yeah was wondering that myself..

Ive heard Rumors about Xbox.. All i got to say is, F if youve Ever had an Xbox .. they are Great,( I got mine in the first shipment, and never had a prob ever).. but once you get to know the pattern of the shoddy way the games are made.. I cant tell you how many games ive felt ripped off on. To think that they market Xbox games to my age group(25) is kinda funny. To be honest out of the 40+ xbox games i have only 4 i can still find some kind of Enjoyment in playing. And those are Halo, Halo2, StarWars BattleFront, and Fusion Frenzy.

As youve probably guess im a big fan of Mechs.. and Mechassult and Mechassult2 just gather dust.

Steel battallion, looked like a great game.. but im not even dumb enough to buy a 150 dollar controller for a 50 dollar game thatd probably suck. I think its funny they actually thought people would buy that. No offense to them but Xbox is almost a mini computer Why should i have to go out and buy a Whole new set of throttles, joysticks, and keyboard just so i can confirm the quality of the game?

If you put DS on Xbox, you better make it worth it. not to mention a 10 dollar keyboard with a xbox attachment would go along way. The other thing is Leave the MV outta of it. If your gona put this on any Xbox Server.. just give em like 50 maps but in a FA Style game mode. And leave the SY's out A higher turn over and quicker paced game would go alot further for your normal Xbox Live Consumer.

If anyone else wishes to hear me rant and rave about Xbox.. feel free to Private message me. But i think ill stop here for the meantime.

-Charz

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2005-07-09 14:49 ]

Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-09 16:07   
Yeah I know what you mean charz, personally if this was to port to anything Id say xbox 360 since Microsoft pretty much wont support Xbox at all after this year... But yeah Mech assault 2 just gathers dust in my room... So does my Xbox lol... I dont play many console game I prefer my good old computer...

Btw I do dissaggree with you about the MV Id put in a port, Id definately play the MV if there were lots of ppl getting the game which in some cases why wouldnt they, but yeah the game should have a small MV similar to 480 with a few of the improvements for 481 like the size of Sol for instance... Then have some newb and FA action but focus it on the MV. Be like conquest mode for Mech Assault 2 but bigger... Ppl would still play it and the small games...

[ This Message was edited by: Trekkie_zero on 2005-07-09 16:10 ]

Page created in 0.009022 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR