Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Prompted by the receint whooping in XI...
 Author Prompted by the receint whooping in XI...
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 22:00   
I present you all with ICC's Folly - Disaster at XI Bootis
And yes, its starring me again =P Deal with it! Hehe.

And incase anyone is wondering how this ties in to Twilight, this takes place several months before the Twilight storyline begins

Coeus quietly sipped his tea. All around him, the cabin lay in shambles. The intelligence officer didn't care much. He just brushed off the chair he had picked up and set back in its place in front of Coeus' desk. Once again, the Charger lives another day. Will she still be Coeus' ship was another matter entirely.

"So, Vice Admiral. Lets take it from the top, shall we?" the intelligence officer, First Rear Admiral Peanut said.

"The top? I really don't know the top of the story, I wasn't there. I don't really even know how it all got started. I can tell you where my involvement began though."

"Uhh... ok?" The intel officer seemed a little confused, but that was to be expected. ICC's intelligence division was chock full of oxymorons, and this interragator seemed to be one of them.

"Well, we first got the call to report to the 7th Defense Fleet in XI Bootis three hours prior to the incident." Coeus began. He thought back to the image in his mind.

"Admiral." Captain Jameson said. "ICC Command reports some UGTO activity in XI Bootis, they want us to head there to head up a small task force to protect the system shipyard on Gunther."

"And did this seem unusual to you in any way?" the intel officer said, snapping Coeus out of the memory.

He thought for a moment, thinking back to the dozens of other times Coeus had been ordered to command battlegroups to engage UGTO Dreadnaught fleets. "No." he said. "Not really. Its not the first time I'd have to engage a superior force. Its just, none of us really understood the bulk of the UGTO fleet until it was too late."

"When we got to the system, most of the fleet was in disarray. We had some ships from the 7th fleet in Williams doing god knows what, and the few ships we did have on hand were no match for even a small wing of the attacking fleet. On last scans from Haven, before their troops secured our C3 stations on the planet, we recorded over 8 dreadnaughts, the majority of which were Elite Assault class. More were detected entering the system, along with a half dozen cruisers, and several Heavy Supply ships. There was no doubt about it, this was NOT some 2 bit fighter wing of the imperial navy. This was the primary UGTO assault fleet, rarely seen outside of K'Luth space. It consisted of some of their best pi-"

"Yes yes, I'm aware of the constitution of the fleet, I saw the initial reports. What I am concerned with here is how this situation managed to be blundered into a complete loss as it was, and furthermore I am concerned with how this happened under your watch."

"Ahh, I see. The ICC lost an outlying system, and now Command is on a witchhunt to find a responsible party - being completely outnumbered isn't enough."

"Tell me about the K'Luth in the system, Vice Admiral." the intel officer said.

"Right." Coeus began to get uncomfortable. "The K'Luth."

"Shortly after I arrived in the system, I was relayed a message from one of the ships opperating in Williams."

Coeus once again withdrew into memory.

"Admiral, the K'Luth have proposed a small alliance to help eliminate the UGTO force in XI Bootis. They don't want the Uggys on their back door any more than we want them on our front door." Admiral Ants reported.

As if on que, a K'Luth wormhole appeared just outside of Gunther's interdictor range, and out poped a single K'Luth Worker class ship. I had recognised it immediately, its commander had receintly lost several engagements to the Charger. Myself and the other leaders of the SW Attack Wing have always believed that any alliance, with either the K'Luth or the UGTO would not be in our best interest. Indeed, this commander had chosen to appear outside of our Shipyard planet, and had a history of treachary, deceit, and in my opinion could not be trusted.

"But." the intel officer said, rousing Coeus from memory once more. "This K'Luth commander was only one, one of many that could have come to assist us."

Coeus stared the intel officer straight in the eye, and took a small sip from his tea. Holding the cup, he leaned back and relaxed his gaze, likewise the intel officer relaxed in his chair and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"It was my decision that we could not afford that risk. We already had one enemy on our doorstep, we could ill aford to have two." Coeus paused, and brushed a corner of his desk clear of debris. He stood up and walked to the window of his cabin. All around the Charger were repair drones, rapidly replacing the various components of the wounded ship. Exathra hung brilliantly in the sky, filling the entire view from the starboard side of the ship. The sun was just beginning to rise around the horizon of the planet's edge, a small glint at first which quickly grew into a blinding light. The window automatically adjusted its tint so as to retain the beauty of the moment, but block out the harmful rays and the extrainious light that would have burned Coeus' eyes.

"So you just decided that to be overrun by one extremely powerful enemy was less dangerous than to allow another powerful enemy to come to our aid because you thought that it MIGHT pose a danger down the line?" the intel officer scoffed.

"Yes, sir, I did." Coeus said. While not bound by rank to address the first admiral as "sir," it was generally advisable to be proper and orderly when dealing with intel - they had ways of getting to even the most loyal officer and ruining careers. He doubted he faced anything like that here, but still, it loomed over this "interview" like a grey sky.

"Very well, so what happened after you successfully attacked and destroyed the worker?"

"The mood on the bridge was somber." Coeus said. He closed his eyes.

"Captain." the nav officer said to Jameson. When the captain looked over, he saw what he needed to see.

"Admiral, the fleets are moving out." Jameson said.

I was confused for a moment, then I got it. The UGTO had mobilized and the ICC had begun preperations to intercept.

The first ship into the battle was a bomber cruiser. I ordered the Charger to DefCon1 and ordered an immediate intercept of the bomber as it was headed for YPres. Most of the fleet responded, and we were able to prevent the bomber from landing any troops or bio weapons onto YPres, but shortly after it began its painful trip back to UGTO held space, all hell broke loose.

"Admiral! We have enemy ships bearing 180, 175, 197, 103, and 210. They are coming in from all sides."

"Evasive action! Get us out of here! Target nearest ship and open fire, all batteries! Secure from point defense and focus on frontal damage of that nearest EAD!" I commanded. He knew other ships were in need of proper orders, but he didn't have time to give them. He was too busy giving course corrections to the helm, but it was no use, the Charger was just no match for such an overwhelming force.

"Shield banks depleated, ablative armor failing, we are starting to take hull damage across all decks. Decompression of compartments on C and D decks. Admiral, we can't stay here any longer!" Jameson said.

"Emergency jump! Get us the hell out of here!" I ordered. Once the ship was safely out of the battle, and undergoing repairs in the Gunther shipyard, I took a more direct role in overseeing the combat. By the time I was able to get in contact with most of the fleet for command purposes, the UGTO were through all lines, most of the ships in the initial moments had been decimated, and were either repairing or destroyed completely. There were a few ships in the Gunther docks that I was able to order out and into the combat zone, but they didn't last too long."

"Ahh yes, the Assault class cruisers Osprey and Levine, both destroyed within minutes of leaving the shipyard, and one... Jump Cruiser? I'm sorry, you ordered a Jump Cruiser into the battle zone?"

Coeus chuckled slightly. "Ahh, yes. There was one Jump Cruiser in the pen, and as per Order 116-B of the opperations manual, under no circumstances is the Cruiser varient of the Wormhole device to fall into enemy hands. So I had the controls set to automatic - and had the ship set a Wormhole destination in the XI Bootis star, and make full speed for the nearest Elite Assault Dreadnaught."

"And according to the report, the Wormhole did NOT appear inside the star, the EAD was NOT drawn into its death and was indeed in a prime location to capture the Wormhole device and the ship itself."

"No sir, the ship was ordered to set the Wormhole device to overload as soon as it had engaged. The ship self destructed in proximity to the star such as that any wreckage was quickly drawn into the star itself. They did NOT get the Wormhole device." Coeus said. "After that, I realized that the situation was hopeless, and ordered all ships to evacuate the system, an order that not all got sadly. Soon as the Charger was able, she set out and made full steam for Epsilon Ind, then for fleet headquarters, and now here we stand."

"Ahh yes. And now here we stand. Well, I think I am prepared to make my recomendations to FleetCom. Would you like to hear them?"

"Would you leave if I told you no?" Coeus could no longer contain his disdain.

"Doubtful. I intend to recommend that you be stripped of your command of the Charger immediately, and placed on perminant duty under the supervision of Grand Admiral Bito. Furthermore, I will insist that you be demoted to the rank of First Admiral, and if I can think of anything else to pin on you you'll be the first to know." With that, the intel officer turned and left, tripping over a piece of wreckage from the ceiling on his way out.

Coeus sat back down in his chair. He looked about the cabin and sighed. He had come a long way to get where he is, and now to think - that because of bad intel, poor planning, and an inadiquate defence force, he was going to loose all of that. With nothing better to do, he began to clean up the cabin. At least Jameson would be able to enjoy a clean room when he got back. Coeus guessed that his father's prediction wouldn't come true.

ICC Intelligence. What a joke.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 22:07   
Owned...Completley Owned.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-08 23:36   
YEAAAAAAAH BABY! MORE MORE MORE MORE!

Email GothThug {C?}
Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-09 00:37   
Well written. I enjoyed it

Email Dauphin
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 13:42   
Thanks bump

Capt.picard
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 14:53   
coeus, how u can make these stories so interesting i dont know are u a writer or something if not u should be these are great!

proud commander of the Extractor "Tribble barge"

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 23:06   
Thanks I dunno, they just come to me. I've been trained in acting & theater, that might have something to do with it - the presentation of it all. Had some very good english teachers in my life & I love to read good books.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-18 03:42   
Myself and Coeus have been pinging idea's off each other for a little bit... he got me started writting again... (My mom is a writer and my biggest critic, next to my better half...)

Coeus.... you mentioned your father..... a tip of the hat towards me?

*Note to reader* Coeus Darksoul is about to be reunited with his long lost father Marcus Darksoul in "The Forgotten Fleet" now available in the Fan Fiction Forum...

Rocko...

P.S. Sorry for the shameless plug!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 04:41   
Excellent. well written.
Great story.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Page created in 0.026275 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR