Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DS Movie - Writer's Needed
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author DS Movie - Writer's Needed
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-08 08:55   
Updated 7/9/05

--Please only post monologues. Any questions should be posted in the Darkspace Video post.--
After we get as many as we feel necessary, we will choose the one that will work best.
These are the general Guidlines for the monologue for the trailer.

• Non Faction biased.
  • Has to not be to cheesy.
  • When read aloud, approx 30 seconds.

Also we need seperate ones for Faction Boosters. These will be faction specfic trailers, cut-scenes, or intro movies. These would just be extra stuff to download just for fun.

If you have no idea what is going on, check out the Darkspace Video post or click here .

Here are a few examples:
--------------
In the next several generations humans learn to colonize planets, with one central govornment fundamental freedoms are always abused, so with that, the Interstellar Cultural Confederacy is born, a rebellion. The united galactic trade organization tries to stamp it out, and thats when an alien race shows up to try and destroy all of humanity. (Was made up on the fly)

--------------
The United Galactic Trade Organization Empire is expanding. Searching out the rebels of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation. Expanding their controls over systems unknown. Unexpected treasures will be uncovered. Mysteries will be solved…but there are some mysteries…that are better left a lone…

--------------
Three empires have fought over control of the galaxy for decades. A seemingly never ending war rages on all frontiers. Many lives have been lost in the darkness of space. While the humans fight themselves in order to maintain purpose, the alien K’luth hides in the shadows…waiting for their chance for bloodshed…a chance to exterminate the inferior race. But, in the farthest corners of the galaxy, a power greater than ever before has been building, awaiting their chance for control. Soon an attack will be made, one so powerful that the fate of humanity and of the K’luth may never be the same.

--------------

Do not think these are the only kind of ideas you can use. Be creative. Talk about Darkspace as you feel would give other players a feel for it if they had not yet played the game.

Please do not post unneeded spam

Have fun and post away .

~Switch

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-09 13:40 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-08 14:19   
do you want a monologue describing the game or the story? meh, ill do both

Interstellar war takes a new turn. Darkspace, a massively multiplayer online game takes FPS controls and puts you in the cockpit of ships ranging from the size of a tennis court, to the size of Manhatten, in realistic scale proportions which make your Scout ship look like a small pebble next to your comrades Dreadnaught. Fast-paced space combat mixed with thoughtful strategy and tactics on a massive scale make this a unique game in the space genre. 3 Races, 3 different styles, one amazing community, make this a spectacular game

(insert whatever year its sposed to be here), a 3 sided war rages. The United Galactic Trade Organisation controls Earth and her immediate colonies, attempting to spread corporate unity throughout humanity's space. The Interstellar Culturual Confederation, defying corporate power, fights back from the edge of known space, the shed colonies of the UGTO formerly unchallenged empire. And within this conflict, the Kluth, an alien race of refugees who use psionic energy as weapons, running from something greater and more sinister then anyone dare imagine...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-08 14:33   
this isn't HBO switch

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 19:33   
Well, guess this is where I come in

Bit of a bite off of Battlestar Galactica - but thats how I like my stories

-----------------------
Some describe us as lost, strayed from our home. Some describe us as radicals, maniacs who fight a hopeless cause because we don't know any better. Still some others look at us, and can't help but be moved to tears. For years, we have fought against the tyranny of the UGTO's taxes, their oppressive military boot trampling our fields, and their overbearing governers creating law after law after law to try and keep us in line. When the war broke out, we were fighting for our freedom. After the K'Luth became involved, we began fighting for our identity - one which we were led to believe they would try and steal from us. Now, we face threats that we could never before have imagined. Now, we are fighting for our very survival.

We have new ships. We are better armed. We have been trained by decades of unrelenting hostilities. And now, we find ourselves teetering on the bring of destruction. But still we fight. We may not be as strong as the UGTO, as elusive as the K'Luth, or as overwhelmingly advanced as the Mir. But we have something that they all lack. We have the greatest motive to fight, and to survive on our side. We have nothing left to loose.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-08 19:36   
Me: Dude wheres my EAD...
Coeus: weee...

to be continued when I get my PC back (has a thing on it...

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 20:12   
I can help with the UGTO part of it, and Combat...Also, if you need a bomber...*cough*...

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-08 20:27   
That was great, Coeus..very moving..

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-08 20:29   
I've seen Crimson bomb, he keeps hitting me - not the planet

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 20:43   
Oh sush it mask..You know I can bomb circles around you fools

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 01:59   
i like it coeus, now write a UGTO biased one and a luth biased one.

Email Meko
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 02:28   
I'll use the start of one.

Three empires have fought over control of the galaxy for decades. A seemingly never ending war rages on all frontiers. Many lives have been lost in the darkness of space. While the humans fight themselves in order to maintain purpose, the alien K’luth hides in the shadows…waiting for their chance for bloodshed…a chance to exterminate the inferior race. But, in the farthest corners of the galaxy, a power greater than ever before has been building, awaiting their chance for control. Soon an attack will be made, one so powerful that the fate of humanity and of the K’luth may never be the same.

The royal palace of the K'luth Empire waited for their move..Plotting a mass invasion for over a hundred years..They gathered their masses, built their ships, trained their men..Finally, the date arose, where the attack could be pushed into motion. The UGTO and ICC have fought a war during these last one hundred years, wearing each other down, for the sake of Human Greed. The K'luth Empire pondered at the thing known as..."Emotion". The K'luth only knew two emotions, Hate..and Fear. The K'luth Hated the tyranny of the Human Race, but feared the courage and will of the humans.

Once the attack had started, the UGTO and ICC formed an alliance,never knowing the true force of the K'luth. Thousands of bombs rained on Human Planets, devestating trillions. The UGTO and ICC where forced back into a single system, Struve A. At the time, ICC had invaded UGTO, seiging the systems for more than ten years. Millions of ICC and UGTO pilots had been slain. The K'luth forces invaded Epsilion Caranie Aa, then threw the rest of ICC home Systems. The first UGTO system attacked, Barnards Star..The UGTO Economic Center.With Barnards Star Captured, and all ICC Home Systems destroyed, the Humans could not muster much resistance against the invading K'luth. The Humans split the eleven planet system in half, leaving Grice as a joint Occupation Planet. Waiting, massing, The K'luth sat at the Alpha Centauri A JumpGates...How would the Humans win? How could the humans win? The K'luth had this war won, and had already started celebrating.

Millions of resistance groups on each planet sprang up, catching the massed K'luth off guard, leaving them stranded in Alpha Centauri A. Surrounded by the growing numbers of Human Resistance, the Royal K'luth Empire knew they where doomed, and launched a desperate counter offensive against the Humans. Now, the real war had started, and looked to be long and deadly.

*cough* an attempt at a K'luth thing

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 13:03   
ok heres some requirements.

General trailer.

• Non Faction biased.
  • has to not be to cheesy (sorry SW)
  • when read aloud, approx 30 seconds.

Faction boosters.

these are faction specific trailers. these wouldnt be game trailers, cut-scenes or into movies. these would be web download content just for fun.

Email Meko
NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-09 14:32   
Are these monologues going to make use of an attractive female voice? I inquire merely for information.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 15:22   
Ooh OOh I can do that!

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 16:34   
My little post wasnt ment to be biased towards one. It explains the problem for each faction, as in, the Humans had been fighting, and ICC had left their own systems unguarded, UGTO where too arragant, and let the ICC move deep into their systems, and K'luth thought they had the war won.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023056 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR