Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace Video
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Darkspace Video
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 23:24   
Keep scrolling down for other updates. Thanks
We Need Film Recorders Please Post if You can assist.
Also, we need people to post monologues.
Post them here

Heh, well I was searching the net about 10 minutes ago, and came across this video. (You gotta unzip to view).

Now, if we could just a video, one little video, with up to date battle scenes/explosions out on the net, I'm sure we could draw even more players into this game. Yes, I know this has been brought up before, but I'll be damned if we don't keep trying at it . And besides, do you want other gamers to think this game still isn't as developed as it is?

-Found this video at http://www.pagn.net.ph/ds/

--------------------------------
Want to help make one?
~Here are a few things I have found for anyone interested in helping out.
- Here is a recording program, I havn't been able to test it out, but it seems to be alright. If anyone has a computer that would be able to handel this running during some big action, it would be nice to see what can be done.
- Fraps - Only problem I can find is that there will be a 'watermark' added unless you pay $37 dollars (US dollars) to have the full version. Please leave anything that could be of help. It also will only take 30 second video unless registered.
- Quick! - Havn't reviewed this program yet. Feel free to post about it.

-Also, since both programs save files as .avi, which happens to be huge, here are some quick converter programs that on the net.

Things to look for.
-If you want to help out, could use some help looking for video editing programs.
-If you have any of this software already or know how to use it, it would be very helpful.
-Once we have the video is finished, we will need help getting it onto gaming sites. If you have any connections/membership to other sites that we could post these on it would be appreciated if you could make a post.

*Side notes.
- Keep checking back for updates.
- I'll continue looking for more.
- Meko I'll be in touch to ask you some things
-

~Switch

[EDIT]
- More updates/Links.
- Added Doran's link.

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-08 09:00 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-08 09:00 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-08 09:01 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-05 23:41   
I like the music! Where's it from???

Email Dauphin
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 04:36   
that is nice

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 06:52   
Quote:
-If you want to help out, could use some help looking for video editing programs.

adobe premiere and after FX.

Quote:

-If you have any of this software already or know how to use it, it would be very helpful.

msg me when you need me.

Email Meko
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-06 09:28   
Quote:

On 2005-07-05 23:24, _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] wrote:
Only problem I can find is that there will be a 'watermark' added unless you pay $37 dollars (US dollars) to have the full version. Please leave anything that could be of help .

-Also, since the program saves files at .avi, which happens to be huge. Here are some quick converter programs that I have found on the net.

http://www.etrusoft.com/screen-recorder/
cheaper, and it does divx, cinepak, intel iyuv, microsoft video, intel indeo, and mpg4 v1 and v2 (assuming you have those codecs of course)

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 10:02   
if you have windows XP, it comes with windows movie maker, which can compress those nasty huge frap .avi's

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 10:13   
I lack the software to do any editing with it, but I can try some of this free screen capture software and try it out...my desktop is an athlon 2800+ with 1 GB of ram, so it should be up to the challenge of doing this.

Email Yitram
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 11:41   
I have Pinnacle Hollywood FX...I can do almost any editing splicing you need...

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 12:23   
That's an okay video, bit short and the sound effects were iffy...if there's any help needed in editting I can do that, but I can't record...first off it would look bad and have no audio, as running fraps with audio lag's my computer to no end and I experiance constant graphics problems in DS, and second cause my hard-drive's almost full with fraps video taken of Planetside from back when I made a video there...*wanders off to try to change all that video to another format to save space*