No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Minor Suggestions to consider
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Minor Suggestions to consider
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-05 07:32   
Ecm/Eccm/Scanner Rings are visable to enemys.
-suggesion, Make them visable to the User's Faction only

Missle Cruiser on ICC Has a great new Hull Design, but the Color feels too strong.

Gause Gun seems sub standard.
-turn this in to a Gattling Gause gun.

Special Slots on Dreads still stuck at lvl 2
-Ive heard this is a bug.

Tractor beam dysncing targeted ship.
-bug

Bio bombs.
-suggestion, give bio bombs a chance to cause a plauge on certian worlds.

Beacons still not removed by Reload/Depots.
-bug?

In Game Chat options.
-suggestion, Adding more tabs that allow more chat functions like /send C tab.. /Send Friends tab.. /send Allys in system tab

Modding in slots.
-suggestion: adding a [>] [<] [^][v][o] arc indicator to the slot

Fighter Fireing Arcs are still messed up

/Send C ..
when your the only one on, even for a breif period when going back n forth from chat to server, this gives an annoying mesage.. your the only one on in your fleet. Resulting in having to retype the message while in game.

-Charz

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2005-07-05 07:33 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-05 08:07   
Takes a while, and a obscene amount of spam to upgrade components to maximum level.

-Suggestion - Add a button when right clicking a component to max out the level on all components of the same type. (I.E. You right clicked on a Drive, and clicked this button, all the drives would become their highest level (10).)

Components, on larger ships, clutter up the screen.

-Suggestion- Allow for the option to make components visible or not by a checkbox, essentionall click on/off switches to make the weapons, armor, shields, drives etc. etc. visible, at any given time, allowing you to declutter your screen for only the components you need, if so you desire.

Either that, or make the components smaller.

In ports, its hard to look about and find what your looking for, spending several minutes at a time.

-Suggestion- Allow tabs in ports. There are multiple tabs, while you click or hotkey on a port, each one shows the components of a specific slot. So say you wanted to see about Special I slot typed components, you would click on this tab labeled for it, and it would show all components in the starport which are Special I slot components.

-Ent

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-05 08:34   
Bombs.
when the target building is destroyed the bombs detonate. Nice feature ..but not all the time.
-Suggestion, make this able to be toggled.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-05 09:47   
Quote:

On 2005-07-05 07:32, CharAznable wrote:
/Send C ..
when your the only one on, even for a breif period when going back n forth from chat to server, this gives an annoying mesage.. your the only one on in your fleet. Resulting in having to retype the message while in game.

hmmm autoconvert to /sen clanoffline if only one on maybe....

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 12:22   
Quote:
Modding in slots.
-suggestion: adding a [>] [<] [^][v][o] arc indicator to the slot

Brilliant!!!

the indicators... simply brilliant.

also, (sorry forgot who) sugested we have a way to cut down lvl up clutter.

how about when you click on your item have a little bar pop up with 1-10 (if 10 is max) and then you just click the lvl u want. and also maybe ctrl-click the mod button takes all devices of the same to the level you choose?? im sure that could be put is with minimal coding.

Email Meko
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-05 15:01   
Within the tabs in ports, having the gadgets alphabetized and then ordered by level would be handy as well..

So click Drives and you get an ordering that you can figure out:

AME 1, 2, 4, 8, 10
IE 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9

etc. Make it a bit quicker to slide your mouse across there and see the wares.

Email Mithrandir
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 16:30   
The leveling of groups of equipment why not make the return of the engineering screen so while in orbit you can just click on multiple items in the same tab in the screen and upgrade them all at once could make life easier, and have tabs for each section of components, IE drives shows all the drives and just click them all and upgrade them.

Also the idea for the indicators on the slot was meant to be in the upper left so it wasnt in the way of the icon, and it was suppossed to be not little arrows it was suppossed to be a circle that was cut like a pie with 4 slices and take away the slices to show the arcs, since most ships have fore left and fore right slots nowadays... Char kinda didnt get that me thinks...

The bio bomb with a chance of plague would mean it would only do minor damage to planet pop and then a plague might or might not start but still kills inf. Depending on the lvl of the bombs would increase likely hood or severity of the plague... But I was thinking it would only have like a 1-5% chance of starting a plague per bomb...

Also having scanners be able to detect kluth within 500 gu of the scanner momentarily would be nice.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-05 16:34   
Not really the right thread for this, but I had an evil idea yesterday: give all planets an ELF; this would mean that when you're within 750 gu, your energy is very quickly drained. Thus, PD would be hard to manage, and cloak would not work well either.

Would potentially make planets a LOT harder to cap.. but maybe too much.

Email Mithrandir
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 16:54   
reloads to remove beacons just seems too easy... rather have a burn off divice that requiers 50 - 100 energy to remove 1 beacon and limate the number of becons that can attach to the hull to 5...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 22:14   
Quote:

On 2005-07-05 16:34, Mithrandir wrote:
Not really the right thread for this, but I had an evil idea yesterday: give all planets an ELF; this would mean that when you're within 750 gu, your energy is very quickly drained. Thus, PD would be hard to manage, and cloak would not work well either.

Would potentially make planets a LOT harder to cap.. but maybe too much.

hehehehe. thats a bit too evil, I agree. Maybe a 1/20th elf on every def base?

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 22:38   
ECM rings-I like the ability to see them as enemy...can't see any strategic reason to get rid of em either...

Gauss-Give it reverse dmg deg I say, or more if it already has it...it should outdmg particle/rail beyond 500gu at equal levels...

Special slots on dreads-Meant to be only able to go to 2...basicly it's a reverse of the lvl upgrades per ship, makes scouts useful since only they can mount lvl 8 ecms etc

Bio plague-Meh...why? Just make them do more pop dmg, and neutrons do more inf dmg I say...

I LOVE THOSE SLOT IDEAS! Combine them with the lvl indicaters and modding would be SO much easier...

I also love mith's idea of the number'd in order gadgets

I like thor's idea of a burn beacon device, somehow I always thought that fit with luth, however I also feel that supply ships should remove beacons...just not depots maybe...

As for my ideas...

Make the gang useful...pretty please? Maybe make it the luth carrier, since everyone else has a carrier...

Scale feels a bit weak to me, maybe it's just me but a fully modded paracite is stronger than the scale as far as I can tell...

Is it possible to locate the source of the ever present "Fighter fires missile" etc. (the bug where two of your weapons get switched, but the icons remain, so firing a sabot might launch a fighter while the fighter fires the sabot)...that bug is REALLY aggrivating...

Clavate...give it more bombs...PLEASE...clav should have 4-5 in my opinion, and adv. carrier 3-4...basic carrier 1-2, and the other bombers are fine. What's my incentive to fly a clavate (cruiser with higher requirements, less cargo space, and more pres loss...a big deal now) rather than an adv. carrier? Style?