No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion on Interdictor base Level & Funtion aplication
 Author Suggestion on Interdictor base Level & Funtion aplication
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-03 20:37   
Hi everybody,

Just came up with this Idea, and id like to know what you think. I do admit I havent gone to the trouble of researching what is already on the Table for Planetary Interdictor bases. So hopefully all of you out there in DS Land will like this Idea.

The Idea

Increasing Plantary interdictor function and seperating its funtion from that of the Space Born counterpart.

Level 1 Interdictor building
costs would be low, but the draw back is that the range is 3/4ths that of a normal interdictor but it has a Wider cone than that of higher level bases.

Level 2..
Medium cost, with range of 1/4 to 1/5 further stoping area, smaller cone of effect area.

level 3..
high cost probably similar to that of a Def base lvl 2.
Longest cone of effect but with a slimer cone.
(almost like a hand that reaches into space to grab ones ship)

I would be happy to further explain this idea. But since its the 3rd of July im very pressed for time at the moment and i needed to get this one out b4 i forgot it.

-Charz

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 22:00   
Leveling system looks good but not sure about the "cones" thing. Kinda seems to easy to get by it.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-04 00:23   
yeah i was thinking about that also. The reason why im leaning towards cones is the realisim of a Interdictor base haveing anykind of effect on the opposite side of a planet. The other reason for cones is F plans on makking DS 3d.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 02:05   
DS is 3d!

I jumped over Bald Knob in cincin.

Easy as pie. J to a building on the top of grubbs, ship jumps direct to it and over Bald. Of course it hit grubbs on the way down... but that's not the point.

How much more 3d could you want?

But really, on topic, you'd have to reduce upkeep lower than that to make it possible to cover a planet. And some way of seeing what the current coverage is.

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 12:08   
Actually the interdictor covering the entire planet does make sense, depending on how the jump system works. If it's another warp system, then my though is that the system would monitor how space is affected by known masses (planets/stars etc.) and a interdictor's gravity field would catch them off-guard, forcing the ship to drop out of "warp". I do like the level system though, and in reflection of being yanked out of "warp" why not make the enemy ship take some armor/shield/hull (if armor/shield is down) dmg, more per level...something like 10% armor from scout at lvl 1, and 50% at lvl 3...that'd stop people from just targetting planets and hitting j with no strategy...as for the cone, it doesn't really make sense to require more of a higher lvl building to defend the planet, instead it should be the other way around, lvl 1 a small, thin cone, lvl 2 a medium cone and lvl 3 the largest and widest cone...