No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » RoC changes: Make a stand...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author RoC changes: Make a stand...
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:16   
Quote:

Not to mention when UGTO got the luth to 0, I saw the same hive die several times, and some people drop the same 10 inf over and over, even caught Mods doing it.

Why wasn't this reported?

We are unable to do anything about a situation if no-one reports it to the staff. We aren't above the law ourselves. We are just as much aco&~*#@&@?able, if not more so.

One thing that really infuriates me is people whining about things like this and never actually reporting the instances when they are happening. If any staff are found abusing the game system they are punished just like everyone else.

Goto the website of Drafell
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:22   
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 11:16, Drafell wrote:
Quote:

Not to mention when UGTO got the luth to 0, I saw the same hive die several times, and some people drop the same 10 inf over and over, even caught Mods doing it.

Why wasn't this reported?

We are unable to do anything about a situation if no-one reports it to the staff. We aren't above the law ourselves. We are just as much aco&~*#@&@?able, if not more so.

One thing that really infuriates me is people whining about things like this and never actually reporting the instances when they are happening. If any staff are found abusing the game system they are punished just like everyone else.

I DID, several times after seeing it done many times. But nothing gets done about it. I also told the mods who played at that time in mv about it.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-03 12:51   
Woo! Another flame. Lets disasemble it shall we?

On 2005-07-03 10:48, Lonectzn wrote:

Quote:

Childish Ent?
Quote:
See that print in Bold? Thats all Jack and Lone saw.

Observation.

Quote:

That is no better, and why I responded in kind.

So that makes you better, by stooping to that level? No.

Quote:

ON Coeus's post, behind it (and many other topics recently) is the idea that flux is the biggest problem in release, is rampant and people go round fluxing madly, while this is not at all the case.

Not the biggest problem, but nonetheless a major one that has driven away a large part of the older playerbase. This much is known.

Quote:

Of course, on the flip side, it's perceived to be the biggest problem, and therefore is (perception equals reality).

True points here...

Quote:

Thought I'd give a little parody of the thread (simplified for Ent's benefit ),

Nice insult. Sure backs up alot of the point doesn't it? [/sarcasm]

[quote]
Coeus said: If Admins been more proactive, maybe we could've avoided the problem with flux abuse.
Lonectzn said: *peeved at flux always being the center of attention* Hey flux isn't the only or biggest problem you know. Relogging is far worse.
Jack said: Meh @ relogging, flux 4tw cos it directly affects people straight away.
Placebo said : I like cheese
Enterprise said: Lone + Jack = dumb, post was about being proactive. proactive 4tw!
Lonectzn said: No, Ent = dumber. And jack, relogging is bigger.
Nim said: blah blah blah Mod blah abuse blah
Thorium said: sack the mods!
Enterprise said: No, lone = dumberer.
JRE said: flamers...
Nax said: Beta will be out on the 10th, and the first month after release is free.
[quote]

Simple, inaccurate in some points, not all. Good work!

Quote:

Basically, Coeus mentioned flux and I decided to pull him up on it<--Which case in point, shows what you merely only looked at in the first place, which was not the point of his post. , because I'm rather sick of all the attention it gets and the 0 attention some actual problems get. Is that so difficult, Ent? May this actually be the clue that it gets the attention because it really is a problem?

Points proved in bold.

Quote:

I'm not obliged to reply to all his post, just as you did not feel obliged to acknowledge my posts on relogging, and you focused on a particular part.

Main focus is to stay on the point trying to be brought about in the post, not in a side fact which was never the intention, as is the flame war.

---End Flame War---

In relative news, that concludes todays annual pointless flame. Back on topic shall we?

-Ent

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 14:15   
Quote:

In relative news, ...

Wait... you guys are related? Weird! I never would have guessed.

2 Points:

1. Lone, I liked the summary. Made me chuckle.
2. We are aware of the relog bug, and will act on it if it is reported - that is a sign that it is being used to an extent that its negatively impacting game-play. Aside from that, it is extremely difficult to prove without some player help: the logs show someone playing, dying, and then reconnecting. What does this prove? That they have a weak connection? That their client crashed from the graphical overload of their death (has happened to me)? They they were frustrated and closed the game, and then decided better of it a few minutes later?
There's nothing in the logs about intent - that can only be judged by telepathy, and unfortunately that's not a pre-req for becoming an admin.

We work with what we have. That said, if you see someone doing this, and getting the "invincible inf" bug because of it, report them. If you see a Mod doing this, report them to an admin. Even if its isn't explicitly forbidden, I don't want to see any mods "riding the line" between fairplay and exploiting.. so your report will be acted upon as best we can (though keep in mind the above paragraph).

On the other hand.. it'll be fixed in a couple weeks, at most.

Email Shigernafy
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-03 14:37   
Quote:

I realize this is vague - but for now, I'd prefer to not provide the answer as to why. The release of 1.483 should change the above preference.

Quote:

On 2005-07-03 10:28, Nax wrote:
I'll add something that I can share. Beta is close - not just close, but darn close. (1.483). As long as we've had the "concerns" you describe, waiting another week really shouldn't be too much to ask.

Then I guess the main point of this thread (other than to see the guys go at it entertainingly [this was NOT a flux post btw, just a post using flux as an example because its a problem that everyone can relate to & is very visable]) was to just get out a severe concern of mine about enforcement of rules & reprecussions to the playerbase. Coding fixes can solve many abuse problems, but not all of them.

That said, thanks for the debate guys *gives ent a chocolate chip cookie, and one to lone & backslash to share*

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 17:47   
[quote]
On 2005-07-03 14:15, Shigernafy wrote:
Quote:

On the other hand.. it'll be fixed in a couple weeks, at most.

LOL

[ This Message was edited by: JRE on 2005-07-03 17:47 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 22:00   
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 14:15, Shigernafy wrote:
that can only be judged by telepathy, and unfortunately that's not a pre-req for becoming an admin.

......wait, it's not?

dangit, I just wasted a lot of money on books....

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 03:11   
Why dont i know about relogging????
gutted.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012992 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR