Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » making money
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author making money
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 10:05   
How about your givin credits for time being played with a bonus of some sorts for pres or something? In other words use that worthless time played in you acct profile for something, as it goes up you get credits.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-03 14:48   
I think the best way to do it is this, take all of the ideas.

1) Base it on rank - higher rank, more pay. This way you only gain if you are subscribed (could get those higherup lobby campers to pay more often if they intend to play anytime soon... maybe) - there is the BASE payrate. Not very large, obviously enough.

2) Bonus for time played increases (increases only). Small bonuses, so someone can't just login & do nothing. This should be factored in with any and all prestige gained to ensure minimal abuse potential.

3) The big bonuses. Combat, engineering, transport, bombing, and repair bonuses - based off the increases of that week/month. This is where the money is REALLY made. Massive bonuses for gains (say, maybe 5k or 10k per point, each?), no penalty for losses (because, hey, at least they're out there trying - except with scrapping - they should lose even money on scrapping to prevent someone just building something, scrapping it, rebuilding it & so on).

Or it could just be as simple as this: Whenever a person gains a point of pres for doing something, they also gain credits - no weekly pay or anything like that, they just get paid for doing something constructive. Same applies with scrapping & whatnot as above.

Thoughts?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 22:10   
Yes Coeus, but that last part prest=pay may not be so good. What of the scout just running ecm erands? Or the trany whos inf dont make it? And the dictor who cant hit anyone?

Your first was good. Time based.

I do think the Devs/Admin have a idea.. to bad they are not giving out much info.. I have seen some on other posts, just not much.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-03 22:25   
Regarding changes over a week: we'd have to make a weekly copy of the database (or at least the user_ladder table) on a weekly basis, and compare things. I don't know how db-intensive that would be, but I don't think its going to happen (nice in theory though).

Email Shigernafy
sentryjs
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 13:13   
Why not just add a new field to the table and make that the amount to be paid to the player every "payday". When payday rolls around just set everyones back to 0.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011007 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR