Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » /yell command. Remove!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author /yell command. Remove!
WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:29   
So, there I was in the MultiVerse, playing with Tikki as I usually enjoy doing. We were heavily outnumbered but for the most part they were sitting around their planet.

Being bored, most of us jumped over and started up a little fight away from said planet's interdictor. At one point, inevitable happens and there are /yells of Flux! Though, not exactly in so nice as being just one word. More coupled with a couple rude ones as well. (This being amusing, since the complainer has fluxxed me NUMEROUS times over the course of my playing. But I digress, this is not what this thread is about).

So I end up pondering. Why is there the /yell command? All it does is promote argueing between two sets of players intent on mainly killing each other. Add to the losses you receive for being killed, and you can understand that most people aren't exactly amiable to their fellow player if they're not on their faction.

I suggest. Remove the /yell command. Take it out. Take away the arguements. Sure.. Leave /target and /send. I never want to see those removed. /targets and /sends are easily ignored, and for the most part they don't bother the rest of those playing..

Just a thought.

Email WinterRose
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:38   
Its also a community and people like to chat to others, and jeering and taunting are a good way to make your enemy fall into a trap.

All other games have ways you can chat to your team and the enemy. no reason we should restrict that.

Email Tael
Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:40   
Some times in galaxy far far away there is peace like when a bunch of players may stop fighting for some creepy reason and just start chatting [not that it would ever happend in MV] but supose you need to talk to a group of people it could get painful clicking on each target and telling them what you have to say. But over all such peace only takes place in beta so you may have a point. Matter its not a bad idea but I enjoy being able to tell some one off if they start acting a fool.

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:41   
You're right, and kinda wrong. In game, it's more about taunting. Which leads to a temper, and harsh words. Can't taunting and such be just moved to /targets and /sends instead?

I don't know. It just seems for about as long as I've been playing, the localized chat thing has been nothing but arguements.

Perhaps a option could be made to *shut* it off, rather, if removing it's not a option? I certainly get tired of people yelling 'flux!' or whatnot.

Email WinterRose
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:44   
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 12:41, WinterRose wrote:
You're right, and kinda wrong. In game, it's more about taunting. Which leads to a temper, and harsh words. Can't taunting and such be just moved to /targets and /sends instead?

I don't know. It just seems for about as long as I've been playing, the localized chat thing has been nothing but arguements.

Perhaps a option could be made to *shut* it off, rather, if removing it's not a option? I certainly get tired of people yelling 'flux!' or whatnot.

That's always been my experience with it as well.

Also, I do feel VERY STRONGLY that the /ignore should work in game as well. Either that or give me a device that will effectively gag Ragglock. J/K ragg

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:50   
You mean like how some games have a harsh language filter?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 13:24   
I miss /e. Much more fun. Bring it back!!!

-Ent

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 13:37   
I miss /e too, also a good way to get communications across to all ships...

Goto the website of Novacat
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-01 15:33   
/e sent across the entire server though, and with the current server backend setup, it would send across the whole MV....hence /y works well.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 20:24   
Take away /y?

And it's not only for taunting, I frequently chat with the enemy. My favourite players are those you can fight and chat with at the same time. Namely the ones who don't take it too seriously

DS for me is a team game, I get incredibly bored if I'm on at a low time defending alone. So it's nice to be able to have a chat.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-01 21:35   
Over my cold dead body you'll take /y away! /e is too big, even when we get a smaller MV - I can imagine some poor engy alone & minding his own business in the home system when a nortious british EAD guy suddenly says "I'm gonna kill you so many times you'll wish you had spawned a scout so you could run away!" (or something equally.... british j/k) & scares the poor engy so bad he ejumps into the planet he was building effectively destroying the planet (because by this time, planets are destroyable and we can fly in 3d and all the faries will be either dead or all alive, depending on whether or not you like faries....) and making the whole MV self destruct (bug).

Moral of the story, can't stand the yelling, get some eyemuffs.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
poisonlizard
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 21:48   
Eyemuffs, cool!
Tell me plz plz plz, where can I get ahold of those. Think I also would like an ear muzzle for teamspeak nights.

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 23:15   
Well, that's why I added 'just a thought'.

There are good things that come from /e chat, I don't dispute that. But if I had the option of shutting it off, I would. I'd rather fight people and maybe kill them or beat them than getting their angry /e spam. Seems the most use of /e I see in the MV at the moment is (Someone) yells, "FLUXXR' or something to that effect.

But, I dunno, not gonna be much excuse for it when beta goes live as the flux wave seems pretty balanced in Beta.

[ This Message was edited by: WinterRose on 2005-07-01 23:22 ]

Email WinterRose
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 23:28   
Quote:
Moral of the story, can't stand the yelling, get some eyemuffs.

hahahahaha.

well winter, flux is fixed in beta, so donn those eyemuffs untill beta goes live

Email Meko
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-02 00:41   
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 20:24, Lonectzn wrote:
Take away /y?

And it's not only for taunting, I frequently chat with the enemy. My favourite players are those you can fight and chat with at the same time. Namely the ones who don't take it too seriously

I can't type fast enough to chat and fight....heck I FF too much chatting with my own team

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026264 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR