Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Kluth either need Buffed or removed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Kluth either need Buffed or removed
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 08:57   
Quote:
Personally I feel you Both are feeding the Dev and everyone Else False info from Beta. To gain a personal Advantage when released.

i take offence to that. why would i feed the dev team false info if i intend to play ON that faction. second, swallow your pride and get it into your bloody head that your cant play luth the same in 482 in beta.

@Az, your points are very well taken.

im going to be testing un modded vs un modded, and say 1 million credit mod limits... that kinda stuff.... and NOT just dreads. dessseys, cruisers.... blah blah.

and that is Very true, one beacon can really ruin a luths day.

ill post more on this later, i must go for now.

Email Meko
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-01 09:11   
I have taken a lot of time in building the 30 mils credit mods, and also the 1.5mil cred mods.
Once you have an idea of the differences and the roles you want to fulfil, then it is actually pretty easy to mod with a limited budget.

1.5 mil is not what I would consider an excessive amount for modding a cruiser.

Goto the website of Drafell
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 09:16   
Beast, you started playing around the same time I did.

I remember back then, with ECCM cloak. K'luth, who actually knew what they were doing, this beyond well with that cloak.

For those who don't remember those days, here's a recap.

ECCM cloak was that, a Kluth ship would always remain cloaked, until ECCM was triggered, to which the Kluth ship would have to provide the power to fight it. Since most couldent, the ship got decloaked.

This was complained about, it was removed, replaced with 1.480 cloak which was cloak until your signature was higher than 0, then you were found. Anyone remember ECM forts?

That was changed, and now we have 1.482 cloak, which is less resiliant.

And now this cloak..which in my honest opinion, is a pain in the ass to combat.

How? Well easily enough, K'luth, if they stopped looking at being able to tank multiple enemys and own everything like usual, they would see the benefits of this cloak.

Like for instance...

This new K'luth cloak allows...

• The element of suprise, to always land the first shot, the most organized, and the most well placed attacks.

• It allows Kluth ships to always flee from battle and hide infinately until repaired.

• It allows Kluth ships to quickly attack and secure planets...

• It allows Kluth ships to reach into the heart of enemy systems, without once being seen.

Some KLuth, think about is after you uncloak, when they don't realize if they thought before they uncloaked, they could own any ship as a team. Reflective armor is the life savor of human ships, otherwise disruptors wiill chew a ship to pieces. My BD, with level 15 armor, was down to no rear armor and 80% hull when a Siphon alphaed all it's beams into me.

Kluth aint weak...just aint using the right tactics...

-Ent

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:00   
I find it no surprise that people who haven't played Kluth for their time here in DS think the Kluth are fine.

And the Kluth players think they are getting nerfed.

It's alll psychological. And there's no escaping it.

Oh, and the new stations are meant for assault, not support.

Email Ramius
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:14   
Armor strengths are listed below in order of strength. Their time to repair is listed in parentheses.

Standard Armor (10 min.)
Active Shields (Depends on energy)
Reactive Shields (depends on energy)
Reflective (12.5min) / Ablative (Does not repair)
Organic Armor (7min)

In raw numbers Organic armor is 75.8% as strong as Standard Armor.

When factored over the full 10 minutes needed by Standard Armor to repair, Organic is 108.6% as strong. Therefore stronger over a prolonged period of time.

In raw numbers Organic armor is 88% as strong as Ablative/Reflective Armor.

When factored over the full 12.5 minutes needed by Reflective Armor to repair, Organic is 157% as strong. Therefore stronger over a prolonged period of time. Since Ablative can not self repair, Organic is even superior to it.

Standard is stronger and all weapons are based on it.

Reflective reduces damage from energy based weapons but takes increased damage from projectiles.

Ablative reduces damage from projectile/kinetic weapons, normal damage from energy.

Organic has less base level protection but repairs much faster than the other armors.

So the Kluth tactic is slip in or lay a trap (anyone remember the days of a lone ship decloaking to lure in a target while 6 more layed in wait?) and fire off a couple of volleys then recloak and move off a bit to repair, then slip back in and repeat. Since their armor and systems repair more quickly, they recover more quickly from their battle damage. So hit and fade, hit and fade... This was how K'Luth was always ment to work.

And since we have to keep saying it, cloak/decloak times are still being tweaked. The math i have does not match what the game is using so ships are taking longer than they should be. So you can stop complaining about that until we get the timers fixed.

Also looking at a few changes to the cloak, but we'll see where those go.

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-07-01 12:18 ]

Email Tael
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:42   
ok, after doing a bit of research.....

HCL cost 72,000 credits to upgrade to L1.
SCL cost 8,000

Reactive shiels cost 15,200
Active shields cost 26,000

Reflective armor costs 24,000
Ablative costs 24,000
Standard costs 16,000

Assault rupters cost 90,000
Light rupters cost 16,000

what we will end up seeing, IMHO, is alot of upgraded armor and shielding, due to the cost effectiveness of upgrading those items, and few to little upgrades on weapons. All the above costs are what I found to upgrade from level 0 to level 1.

Simply put, w/o stripping heavy ships to refit light ones, not many full modded ships will be floating around the MV to start off with, and maybe even for a while.

Personally, I only have just around 4 million credits in my release account. I know that I won't be modding some uber mandy for a long while to come.

This is why I say that the beta results are being skewed. Everyone is hopping into their dreads and maxxing out the upgrades with thier big fat beta accounts. Try staying to what you could do if this wasn't beta, and we would get more realistic and accurate feedback.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR