No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Garage slots
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Garage slots
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-01 01:43   
oh you Kids..

its not a higher Ship storage...

We need a Higher part/misc stuff Storage

we get what 30 right now... somewhere arround there?

other games like EvE allow infinate storage..and then Infinate storage in a Corporation hanger. if you get it you can keep it.

what DS is lacking is some foresight in the Economics area

with no room to grow ones storage, and no decent Economy we will all feel the weight of the new prices.

why are we still limited to 1k this and 500 of that???

Those who have profited by bugs in the past sit at the top.

one would think that the new mod system would go hand in hand with a new way to make money, . but alas crack is still king

-Charz

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2005-07-01 01:44 ]

Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-01 02:52   
Id have to aggree with charz, but have to remember that in EvE that your garage was based off the base you were at and you had to get btwn the bases somehow... Id say we have garages based off the SY and we have a way of transit our ships from one SY to the other if we need it but it takes time like a couple of hours depending on hull and what not they do an AI movement but dont see it. Or you do see it and add some intersting things into the mix...

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 04:08   
egsactly charz nailed it on the spot. its item storage that is the issue

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-01 04:14   
Considering the new ships, what if I want an EAD, BD, Sup station A + B, BC, TC, HS...

I cant modify them all, and to get one or the other I have to destroy something that cost me...60-80 odd million to upgrade..

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-01 05:39   
Then always leave a slot open DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email Beast
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-01 06:50   
no im in favour of 8 ships in garage, and maybe a 300% increase in item storage.

actually on second thought dont upgrade them. make a structure on a planet able to hold parts for a player or ships, only accessable by being in orbit of the planet.

this would be Wonderfull target for insurgents and a Wonderfull addition to the game. i can see clusters turning into heavilly defended depot areas.

anyways, this would be good becuase you wouldnt be able to spawn these ships anywhere.... Only at certain planets.

(this wouldnt be a shipyard, just a storage place, so no spawning new ships at these places)

Email Meko
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 08:27   
Quote:

On 2005-06-30 17:35, Maskerade wrote:
Personally, I don't think there is any reason for more than the current 6 slots. No valid reason given here either.

Things are fine the way they are, people who play many sides know how to manage their space and those that wish to bind themselves to one side know that they must choose their ships carefully. The purpose of the garage is to allow some variety and ready availability so some ships.

The purpose is not however to have a ready made fleet all modded up and available at the whim of a single player.

THIS I agree with. all of it.

HOWEVER, I would personally push for increased STORAGE, as opposed to increased garage space. Would be nice to have somewhere to stash a few extra higher level mods. Also, there will be times when you can't afford to mod out a dread, or something like that. Well, you could always pick up a few gadgets at a time and store them until you have enough to actually make a half decent ship.

Also, with the increased diversity of fighters and bombs, it makes ense that smart players will have a selection of those items, already modded, and at hand for the situation. Allow them to have increased storage area to hold those items not being used, and at the same time be able to hang onto items that take EXTREMELY long times to build.

Just makes sense to me, I guess.
I'd only say increase it by 10 slots, however.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-01 08:36   
I actually agree with the need for increased item storage. The ship storage itself is currently fine.

Would it be possible to have a tab at the top of the storage area for different items? IE. seperate tabs for Armor, ECM, Weapons, Engines and resources?

If we limited each section to about 15 devices then people would be able to store a quantity of items, but not create a vast stockpile of any particular type.

Goto the website of Drafell
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-01 15:41   
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 08:36, Drafell wrote:
I actually agree with the need for increased item storage. The ship storage itself is currently fine.

Would it be possible to have a tab at the top of the storage area for different items? IE. seperate tabs for Armor, ECM, Weapons, Engines and resources?

If we limited each section to about 15 devices then people would be able to store a quantity of items, but not create a vast stockpile of any particular type.

Same for starports.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-01 16:54   
With gadget build times like they are (plus all the factors listed above), I would agree that item storage could use a boost.

Email Mithrandir
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-01 19:32   
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 15:41, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-01 08:36, Drafell wrote:

Same for starports.

signed. yes.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-01 21:39   
More storage, same ship counts. I won't have anything beyond my HC modded anyway

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-02 02:55   
Quote:
Quote:

Same for starports.

YES!! tabs.... oh the glory of tabs...

Email Meko
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-02 07:17   
Quote:

On 2005-07-02 02:55, Meko wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same for starports.

YES!! tabs.... oh the glory of tabs...

And how about when your modding and you select your part to mod in can there be a Tab to Toggle so the StarPort doesnt DeSelect?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-02 08:19   
i would really like to see a "slot selection" when your modding.

i mean if im gunna put a pulse beam on i want it on a 'full' mount. not on say.... Left.

how useless hahaha

Email Meko
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027481 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR