No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Little things..
 Author Little things..
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-28 09:05   

Blockades should enable you to spawn new ships and garaged ships, but not dock them. Makes more sence..I mean, whats the use of a shipyard if you cant undock to protect the planet thats being attacked, and teh nearest SY is a few systems away....

Clavate needs to have 2-3 more bio bomb bays.
AC needs 1-2 less bio bomb bays.

Core weapons need to be stuck back on a hotkey, cant it be mapped to "B", since the EAD, AD and Siphon cant equip builds, and engineers cant mount core weapons, so that should work, right. This has to be sorted some how, the amount of weapons I have configured to differnt numbers on my EAD is reachign the 7-8 mark, and its just much, much easier to hit spacebar when im closer to the enemy, rather than hitting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 over and over.

Siphon and AD have 2 more EW slots than the EAD (Siphon may have 3..), is this by design, oran oversight? Since the EAD is an energy whore.

UGTO can use aux gens as can kluth

Char also thinks that the aux gen should be moved to the pulse shield slot, so that it can be upgraded to level 8 on dreads, but then they cant use the pulse shield.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-06-28 09:07 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-28 09:12   
Quote:

On 2005-06-28 09:05, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

I couldn't agree more. As the loadouts are currently, expect continued griping about AC attacks. The AC should be nerfed a bit more, but the Clavate should be upgraded to make up for it. As it is, the Clavate and the Gang are going to be little used in the MV as bombers.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-28 09:33   
Yeah I've been saying that for ages about blockading. It's just too easy to take out a sy by just camping a dread with pd near by. You should be able to spawn but not dock. Clearly the purpose was to stop people just constantly spawning stock when under attack. But really with the increased pres loss, preventing docking will be much more effective because it means the player has to die or jump to another sy to respawn, and also stops players generally sy'ing to avoid death.

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-06-28 09:34 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-28 09:54   
Im not saying i understand fully what the Aux Sheild Gen does,. but from what ive seen in beta. My understanding is that its like having an extra storage area for Sheild power. Not totaly sure on the rotation .. and some of the Special slots wont allow it to rotate.

but

the problem im seeing is that it becomes a pointless option for dreads (like the AD ) when the lvl is capped at 2. Thats why i believe the pulse sheild slot on the AD would make a better option. So not to negate the reason for even having the option to mod this part.

-Charz

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-28 10:03   
Actually I'm guessing the purpose of limiting Special mount level on dreads was to encourage the use of smaller ships for eccm ecm etc, and prevent uber-ecming dreads like the CD could be.

Could be wrong.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-28 10:22   
yeah i agree Lone, Im just trying to figure out what possible benefit it would be for a ship that has lvl 10 sheilds and lvl 2 aux sheild gens. I would never use them on a dread, i personally would opt for as many pwr gens i could put in.

I see these Aux Sheilds as being a big benefit to Smaller ICC ships, Maybe there should be a Heavier Class of Aux Sheild Gen that could be Interchangable with the Pulse sheild on Dread lvl ships?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-28 10:28   
The aux gen gives an extra layer of shielding to the ship that has it equiped.

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-28 11:18   
Quote:

Blockades should enable you to spawn new ships and garaged ships, but not dock them. Makes more sence..I mean, whats the use of a shipyard if you cant undock to protect the planet thats being attacked, and teh nearest SY is a few systems away....

Perhaps garaged ships, but I'm personally against infinite ship spawns when the enemy is near a planet...how bout 1-2 ships (depending on size) and then no more, to represent the tight hold the enemy has on the planet. In addition I believe a blockade should evaporate when you have as many ships as you opponent. A scout should not be able to blockade a planet with 3 dreads around it. The enemy should need to have more, and bigger ships than you to blocade a planet and blockades should be broken when that is no longer true.

Quote:

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! I've been saying clavate was worthless since it was first change. Who wants to pull a cruiser with slightly more armor and much less cargo space to take a planet when you can pull a tranny that can bomb then cap on it's own?

Quote:
UGTO can use aux gens as can kluth

From the other posts I've learned you mean aux Shield gens, which is totally wrong. Uggies and luth should not be able to have them...I like the whole pulse shield or aux shield idea