Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » reset! Reset! Reset!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author reset! Reset! Reset!
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-27 16:58   

Don't press Ctrl W!

ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-27 17:09   
Hmm, i wonder who went around and capped a butload of planets while we were all supposed to be in beta testing on the weekend?

Anyone care to take a guess?

/me wishes that sort of thing is a bannable offense.

Anyway, reset the MV and things will eventually go back to the way they are now, unless ppl decide to even out the factions and stop going to ugto like moths to a flame whenever things look good.

Email ReZ
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-27 17:21   
UGTO control 392 planets.

ICC control 24 planets.

Current MV stats at the time of this post.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-06-27 17:59   
Quote:

On 2005-06-27 17:09, ReZ wrote:
Hmm, i wonder who went around and capped a butload of planets while we were all supposed to be in beta testing on the weekend?

Anyone care to take a guess?

/me wishes that sort of thing is a bannable offense.

Anyway, reset the MV and things will eventually go back to the way they are now, unless ppl decide to even out the factions and stop going to ugto like moths to a flame whenever things look good.

Trust me, there were defenders and i saw a lot of ugto beta testing.
Don't make excuses because you weren't defending, and you decided that you wanted to see what the update will bring.
However I agree I don't even want to play in the metaverse, there is little resistance.
[Edit] All Those who play in the Mv (Non-peoplewhogotothewinningside) good fighting.

[ This Message was edited by: -Sarge- on 2005-06-27 18:01 ]

ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-27 18:29   

Quote:

Trust me, there were defenders and i saw a lot of ugto beta testing.
Don't make excuses because you weren't defending, and you decided that you wanted to see what the update will bring.
However I agree I don't even want to play in the metaverse, there is little resistance.
[Edit] All Those who play in the Mv (Non-peoplewhogotothewinningside) good fighting.

[ This Message was edited by: -Sarge- on 2005-06-27 18:01 ]

Uhh, i dont know what you read but i dont think i was making any excuses in my statement, read it again .

If there were, then think about it and read it again.. defenders or not.. its like ppl capping and shooting each other during a memorial for r33 (for lack of a better example.. R.I.P).. its not a must that you attend, but dont exploit.

Email ReZ
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-27 18:31   
i can also confirm what sarge said about the ugto members having defenders to deal with... i myself was in and out of there a few times over the weekend when i wasnt in beta myself. at one time there were about 8 or 9 icc and 3 or 4 kluth on when i in there last night.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-27 19:21   
I still say all pres & MV planets should be reverted to what they were before the stress test...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-06-27 20:33   
Quote:

On 2005-06-27 19:21, Coeus [Recruiting] wrote:
I still say all pres & MV planets should be reverted to what they were before the stress test...

i'm sorry but, LOL. So because i played in the game that i payed for i should be penialized and lose the time that i spent playing a game?

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-27 20:35   
I'm an Ug. I've been playing in the MV. I even switched to ICC Sunday morning as a fleet vs 1 devender isn't fun. Oddly, more ICC showed up as I was modding. After it became a good back and fourth fight (and I got capped) I went back to Ug... and the ICC seemed to all leave again, except mouse.

I pretty much decided that was enough of that and stayed out of the action entirely from there.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-27 22:28   
Who cares if one faction controls most of the MV. As per rule, the metaverse will only be reset when either one faction controls the Metaverse, or if a patch comes out.

And unfortunately, seeing as humans always want to be on the winning side no matter what, and seeing as most of them are too greedy to not do that, people flocking to the winning side will ALWAYS happen. It is a terrible facet of human nature.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-27 22:33   
I usually play the losing side anywho....kinda makes the game more...fun/interesting going against the odds. If I want to sit around and chat and not have anything to do , I'll sit in the "Chat" room

[ This Message was edited by: JRE on 2005-06-27 22:34 ]

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-27 22:34   
Quote:

On 2005-06-27 22:33, JRE wrote:
I usually play the losing side anywho....kinda makes the game more...fun/interesting going against the odds.

Indeed. I know what you mean.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-28 01:50   
This thread isn't for arguing, it is to tell everyone the countdown to reset begins soon, most likely. !!!!

[ This Message was edited by: LordShard on 2005-06-28 01:50 ]

Don't press Ctrl W!

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-28 19:30   
MV as of 8:30 PM eastern time.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-28 20:35   
Offically - current policy is to only reset the MV following a complete MV domination by a single faction.

Actually, Litany - I recall being one of those ICC attempting to stop the UGTO incursion in Epsilon Indi -- and while we did have as many as 8 briefly, we were 2-4 for much of the 5-6 hours I spent online...2-4 versus an average of 4-8 that I could see on my nav map. Quite proud of the guys that showed up as we not only held the line against what was definately a larger force, but were re-capping planets under the nose of the same larger force.

No, I'm sure you weren't on the whole time. And, many of the UGTO I saw on were relative newcomers - facing some of the longer-term experienced ICC pilots.

About numbers - it's fluid. For all I know, 5 minutes after I logged, ICC had a 3-1 advantage.

Nax

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024335 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR