Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Status of the MV
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Status of the MV
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 10:20   
The status of the MV is a constant ebb & flow - in the last few months we've seen each faction at their highest and lowest points. Although I understand the goal to achieve the difficult - to take everything, there is point where the enjoyment factor of the entire player base is more important.

Quite simply, it's terribly un-fun to play a faction with absolutely no shipyards being actively suppressed. It's bad for the game. My request is to allow (the K'Luth in this case) at least one planet (SY preferably)

While I am not announcing any specific time, please take notice that the UGTO's time to "take it all" is not unlimited. Today is Sunday - June 26th approximately 11AM EST.
====
As a separate but slightly related suggestion. We still haven't seen the type of player volumes we'd like for this weekends Beta Stress test. Please check it out and give us your feedback on the beta site.

Nax

V-GINY
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 10:45   
UGTO will dominate... MV will be reset! The K'luth can do buisness elsewhere, maybe help ICC biobomb the UGTO =P

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 11:59   
May I request that the MV reset occur within a few hours of the UGTO win. Last time when we went though this back in October, a date for the reset was stated ahead of time, but the problem was that the K'luth conquered the MV two days before that.

Email Yitram
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 12:16   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 10:45, X DiENoW X wrote:
UGTO will dominate... MV will be reset! The K'luth can do buisness elsewhere, maybe help ICC biobomb the UGTO =P

Ah yes. The wonderful community responds.

I actually logged into the MV for the first time in 3 weeks earlier. Helped take a planet back, which was, of course, partially scrapped. Then got mass fluxxed as I attempted to withdraw.

I guess 3 weeks wasn't long enough. Fluxxed me right outa the game. WOO HOO. Let's hear it for the eliteness of the uggies.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
West9 *mmm Pie*
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 14:25   
So this means theres gonna be an Reset soon or what...Dont mean to sound like a nub

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-26 16:40   
MV should be reset to the status it was before the stress test....

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 18:04   
Current policy on a reset is only after one faction has completly conquered the MV. My statement above is a request to allow the K'Luth a single planet. I'm not suggesting an entire star system, only a single planet. As should be obvious, when the final ICC planet falls, the UGTO fleet could move to take the final K'Luth planet.

Yes, this does make it somewhat more difficult to maintain.

Nax

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 20:52   
Actually the luth have it pretty good already. They can still spawn AC, which really, they shouldn't. Best bomber in the game, gate spawnable with a couple inf to boot. I actually expected them to have planets by now, but it seems to be only a few luth actually trying.

I would certainly allow them a planet if you guys ask it, however the problem is not all UGTO will read this (or just ignore it), and the luth will lose it again regardless. Unless of course more luth come on. But then... in that case they shouldn't need to be given a planet

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-06-26 20:53 ]

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 21:43   
Many complained the kluth trany was over powered. Why dont they just go caping with them?

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-26 21:44   
One stock AC freshly spawned cannont cap a planet by itself. I managed to do 2 bombruns before two UGTO Dreads (EAD and BD) appeared to defend.

The MV it pretty static during peak hours in my timezone. Alot of people defending and "working" together on all sides. However everything is lost when there is little to no defence.

As it stands there is not much a faction can do with stock ships from the Faction gate vs. a home system defended by a faction that holds the majority of players.

So what happen? - people log. With no point in playing some may fly with another faction but all around noone cares on any side. Any map reset victory is a hollow one if a map is capped against no defence, so grats

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-26 21:45   
I felt that it was necessary to make a rant on the endless bitching and whining about the supposed abuse of flux by the UGTO, especially because I am the most proud user of flux in the entire game.

Which of these posts am I going to rant at?:

Quote:

On 2005-06-26 12:16, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 10:45, X DiENoW X wrote:

Ah yes. The wonderful community responds.

I actually logged into the MV for the first time in 3 weeks earlier. Helped take a planet back, which was, of course, partially scrapped. Then got mass fluxxed as I attempted to withdraw.

I guess 3 weeks wasn't long enough. Fluxxed me right outa the game. WOO HOO. Let's hear it for the eliteness of the uggies.

Ok, I can understand your anger.

• You were just trying to enjoy the game. I can completely sympathize with you. However, I don't think the term "mass fluxxed" is correct. The most flux that I mount is two flux waves. This is per a rule that was made by the leaders of GTN. This was created appearently for several reasons, the biggest of them all being the fact that everyone was saying "We're only fluxing because GTN started it." I CANNOT stand it when I see this. Blaming the best fleet in the UGTO, in the game, is one of the most senseless and stupidest things to do. Before you go and blast someone or a group of people over something that your own faction does, think about how we feel. WE had to take the flak for this, not you.
  • Sure, there are a good handfull of UGTO that use flux to an absurd extent. But this is only just a small group of people out of an entire faction. If you want to blast and flame someone for something, don't make it a "carpet-bombing" attack on their faction. Blast those people.
  • It was a bloody terrible descision by Faustus and the other Admins/Devs to make flux mountable by ALL factions. I almost never say things about them like that, and I'm meaning no offense by it. It was just a bad bloody descision.

So, I ask you, what's the most flux that UGTO can mount? Seven flux waves. Either on a Station, which would be the stupidest ship to turn into a flux boat. The only other thing is a flux EAD, and nobody does that because its just a bloody waste of prestige if you die. So the only sensible ship to make into a flux boat is the Missile cruiser:

• 3 Drive slots that can mount AME Drives
  • 3 Special slots that can mount Reactor 1500s
  • 4 Armour sltos that can mount Heavy Armour
  • 2 Chemical Beam slots that can mount CL550s (which do as much damage as a disruptor beam over a certain period of time which I do not recall)

With these modifications you can make a pretty fast and strong flux boat which recharges quickly, even at full speed. And I proved this; I killed [ESF]Shadey with a Flux MC because I felt like returning the favor of my good friend Smokey and his associates.

HOWEVER, the Flux Missile Cruiser is nothing in comparison to the ICC Missile Dreadnaught while it is equipped with all flux.

• 4 Drive slots that can mount AME Drives
  • 3 Special slots that can mount Reactor 1500s
  • 4 Shield slots that can mount Active Shields which can be rotated, plus a foreward armour slot which can mount Heavy Armour
  • 3 Heavy Chemical Beam slots that can mount CL2000s
  • 10 Heavy Weapon slots which can be fitted with Flux Waves (correct me if I'm wrong on this one; I haven't flown as ICC in like a year and a half)

This is a menace to any ship's systems and hull. All one has to do in one of these deathtraps is point-jump some enemy that is already engaged by several other players and press the V key is once the jump is complete. An alpha strike by one of these can render one's jumpdrive destroyed.

It is the same story with the K'luth Flux Siphon. It has the added power of about 6 or 8 Disruptor slots which can be interchanged with ELF Beams to drain any remaining energy from a victim.

The point of this post is to prove that it is not only the UGTO who are "abusing" or "whoring" flux.

— Nelson

[ This Message was edited by: Pimpalicious Nerd [FLUX PRIDE] on 2005-06-26 21:52 ]

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 21:55   
*applauds Pimp*

Good rant. Though.. That was kinda more deserving in the big flux thread. So I won't add my 10 cents.

Email WinterRose
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-26 22:04   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 21:55, WinterRose wrote:
*applauds Pimp*

Good rant. Though.. That was kinda more deserving in the big flux thread. So I won't add my 10 cents.

Indeed. That was where I was originally going to place it after I wrote a college-essay-length post about it responding to all the flames and blasting of the UGTO.

And please, add your 10 cents; I want to make my rants in the future higher in quality.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 23:50   
wow that was a good rant P Nerd.

well as has been said many a time "Look into beta"

Email Meko
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 23:53   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 21:44, Maskerade wrote:
One stock AC freshly spawned cannont cap a planet by itself. I managed to do 2 bombruns before two UGTO Dreads (EAD and BD) appeared to defend.

The MV it pretty static during peak hours in my timezone. Alot of people defending and "working" together on all sides. However everything is lost when there is little to no defence.

As it stands there is not much a faction can do with stock ships from the Faction gate vs. a home system defended by a faction that holds the majority of players.

So what happen? - people log. With no point in playing some may fly with another faction but all around noone cares on any side. Any map reset victory is a hollow one if a map is capped against no defence, so grats

True Mask, it takes a few runs. But compare it to a freshly spawned ugto/icc bomber frig...

4 bio as opposed to 2 mirv, 10 cargo as opposed to two, 2 inf as opposed to 0.

And I agree about the MV. At peak times is where it's at its most balanced. It starts to break when there's no-one on a faction. For example, I personally bombed the last 35 luth planets, we took them out in one sitting with no (or only sporadic) luth defenders. Half of eps, all BD, all Williams. Was rather fast. On the flip side, too often I've seen several systems go overnight to luth while no ugto on.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032437 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR