Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Beta Weekend
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Beta Weekend
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 17:32   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 17:19, RedDoggy(1) wrote:

Ok you missed my points completly Doran.

1) Beta Doesn't work: If the Beta is not easy to use then people will not bother with it. I've tried to get it to work and it won't. It reminds me of the old verison coming out and DS not working for a couple weeks, its frustating.

Cool if ppl get it to work, I'm pointing out that it doesn't work for me so maybe = a few can't get it to work either. Perhaps is a bigger problem than you think?

Have you tried it lately? I dont think so....Beta is as easy to install and start than the release, with the exception of you have to hit update when your in the lobby before joining...but then you should know that...since ALL TESTERS need to read the rules and its recommended (very) that you read the guide before hand so you know what to look for.

2) Where is Beta?: Ok besides those of us familiar with computer geekery the Beta is hidden. There is a link at the bottom right that you must scroll down to. I don't even see it in the top downloads anymore (no Beta).

The latest news and topics are highlighted and can be seen, but other than that its like putting your new pushed product on the bottom of the shelf at the back of the store. Not up front and eye level.

Suggestions mearly because I care that Beta works and that people test it. I keep seeing posts about why nobody is in Beta, I'm simply attempting to answer those.

If you wish you can continue to scratch you head (or other parts) about why nobody plays Beta.

Yes it makes no sense why ppl are capping in MV if Beta will come out, but maybe there is a reason(s) for it.

Many of us have pointed this out...nothings been done, so I can only imagine that its not hugely important, seeing as the release of 1.483 is near (supposidly).

Damn..thats easier doing it dorans way than doing [ /quote] [ quote]

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:07   
[quote]
On 2005-06-25 16:35, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 16:16, RedDoggy(1) wrote:
I'd like to Beta test but have given up on the dam thing working, it doesn't. And considering the time it takes me to download a third time I'm not gonna do it.

just because it doesnt work for you, doesnt mean it doesnt work at all.

Actually Just because it doesn't work for me (and therefore I can't play) DOES mean it doesn't work at all. After a 2+ minute wait for the ship I select to show on screen, another 30 - 45 second wait for it to leave the ShipYard, 30 minutes to an hour to Mod the thing, a 15 to 20 second delayed reaction to thrust, steering, and fire weapons............less than 60 seconds to die.........

just because it doesnt work for YOU, DOES in a sense mean it doesnt work at all.

You guys that can get it to work go test it. Bring me the finished product. If it works for me then I'll be in MV everyday.

What I SEE of beta I like...........what I experience of it.....keeps me away from it.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 23:01   
you know what's funny? the last beta stress test UGTO took most the MV. and now they're doing it again.

"Honor is all"

lies!

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 23:21   
...As if all the ICC playerbase is off playing Beta, right?

Some people don't like Beta, so they play MV regardless. And you cannot blame Beta on the ICC or K'luth's lack of players, because they aren't playing Beta either.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-06-25 23:33 ]

Email Bobamelius
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-06-26 00:26   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 23:01, Captain_Savage wrote:
you know what's funny? the last beta stress test UGTO took most the MV. and now they're doing it again.

"Honor is all"

lies!

The most players that play in beta r ugto.

B4 the stress test we had over 2/3rds of kluth systems and couple icc system and our current situation in mv would have happend regardless of the beta stress test event. So dont blame u loosing onto the stress test.

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-26 01:32   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 00:26, Nim wrote:

You have some type of proof on that fact that i haven't seen?

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 01:50   
On 2005-06-25 23:01, Captain_Savage wrote:

Quote:

Damn skippy.

Quote:

"Honor is all"

lies!

This the -GTN- motto. NOT the UGTO motto. And thus, not all UGTO players follow the same code; get ya facts straight monkeh.

Though yes UGTO cap the MV, some can't be bothered to test Beta. ICC and K'luthh however. cannot lay the blame on the stress test for that I don't see them in there instead of the MV.

In fact, most often while UGTO is capping, I see the other two factions camping the lobby.

Just using Beta as an excuse for lack of defence of your territory...

-Ent

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-26 02:10   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 23:21, Bobamelius wrote:
...As if all the ICC playerbase is off playing Beta, right?

Some people don't like Beta, so they play MV regardless. And you cannot blame Beta on the ICC or K'luth's lack of players, because they aren't playing Beta either.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-06-25 23:33 ]

Many people dislike beta. And I forsee many people leaving because of it.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-26 03:43   
Without reading the other replies, I would just like to take the oppertunity to thank the few .... people........ of UGTO for taking complete and utter advantage of this situation.

I remember seeing one of you say on friends chat "Well, at least now we'll be able to say we capped the MV!"

I dare, you I double dog dare you to even TRY to claim you capped the MV, you will get laughed at and beaten upon (hopefully) for CLAIMING to cap the MV when all you did was take advantage of the beta stress test. I just wish that the admins had the gall to remove all press gained from the MV during the stress test....

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 06:01   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 01:32, Strategery wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 00:26, Nim wrote:

You have some type of proof on that fact that i haven't seen?

Well I'll take a screenie just for u next time i go in

Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 06:03   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 03:43, Coeus [Recruiting] wrote:
Without reading the other replies, I would just like to take the oppertunity to thank the few .... people........ of UGTO for taking complete and utter advantage of this situation.

I remember seeing one of you say on friends chat "Well, at least now we'll be able to say we capped the MV!"

I dare, you I double dog dare you to even TRY to claim you capped the MV, you will get laughed at and beaten upon (hopefully) for CLAIMING to cap the MV when all you did was take advantage of the beta stress test. I just wish that the admins had the gall to remove all press gained from the MV during the stress test....

We caped the MV. Yay!!!!

(At this time of posting there r no one in beta)

Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 06:08   

[ This Message was edited by: Nim on 2005-06-26 13:59 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:19   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 01:50, Enterprise wrote:

This the -GTN- motto. NOT the UGTO motto. And thus, not all UGTO players follow the same code; get ya facts straight monkeh.

Though yes UGTO cap the MV, some can't be bothered to test Beta. ICC and K'luthh however. cannot lay the blame on the stress test for that I don't see them in there instead of the MV.

In fact, most often while UGTO is capping, I see the other two factions camping the lobby.

Just using Beta as an excuse for lack of defence of your territory...

nowhere in my post did i make a connection between the two. i said, "last bata stress test, they took most the MV, they are doing the same this time." nor did i blame the lack of players on beta. you applied that to what i said.

second, i'm aware of the fact that it's GTN's motto. i still think it's a lie for the following;

1. you practically reprisent the UGTO.
2. most(if not all) of you know nothing of honor. the little you might know you probably picked off of some knight movie.
3. i have yet to see a clear statement of your code of honor. if you value honor so much, you should easily be able to produce a document stating what your values.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-26 10:05   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 09:19, Captain_Savage wrote:
second, i'm aware of the fact that it's GTN's motto. i still think it's a lie for the following;

1. you practically reprisent the UGTO.
2. most(if not all) of you know nothing of honor. the little you might know you probably picked off of some knight movie.
3. i have yet to see a clear statement of your code of honor. if you value honor so much, you should easily be able to produce a document stating what your values.

Your views mean little to us, as we know our rules, we have ways to deal with things and situations in the MV. We will often back down from going after an enemy thats been harassed for too long, and go after the other, but we cannot stop other UGTO players, and often we follow because in the end, fun is fun, and shooting ships is fun. We cannot FORCE GTN members to not attack someone, its against our motives, this is a game and people can play it how they want (within the RoC and GTN rules ofcourse).

Our honour code, btw, is on our website, check our fleet page to find the URL. It details our honour code there. Members who have been in GTN, understand what 'honour' means. It doesnt mean we are going to stop shooting at you when your at 5% hull so you can run away, it means we arnt going to stoop to such low levels that we wont log our ships to stop you from killing us intentionaly, it means we wont mount tons of flux of the go and try to grieve you as much as possible.

Please, understand our fleet more before you go around firing off your biased opinion. You have not been in the fleet, and so you simply cannot say wiether our clan is honourable or not without experiencing it for yourself. Unfortunatly GTN isnt accepting anymore recruits, and our recruitment policy is quiet strict aswell, the reason for not accepting anyone else....UGTO is a too potent force in the MV. We do this to try and fix the balance to the game, we understand that since GTN came back UGTO has been a powerhouse in the MV, and we urge some other UGTO fleets not to accept new players, only players that have been playing fleetless on UGTO for a long period of time, showing their commitment for the faction already, since inviting them into a clan would make no different in that case.

This is a mixture of my views and GTN views, forgive me if they are a little mudled but I just woke up.

Back on track, why does everyone bother playing the MV when there are more important issues to be dealt with in beta....its the next version people, it will be out soon. It needs as much testing as it can get.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-06-26 10:08 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 10:54   
I have tested Beta yet again. I find that there is NO DECISION about it. When Beta becomes release, =Wolf= will no longer be Kluth. I would not force my fleet to battle against these kinds of lopsided balance issues.

If anyone is going to try to say that Kluth is a viable faction in beta, they HAVE to be stating it only from their biased opinions, and not on fact.

As I can tell, the Mandy is now our best ship, and UGTO has at least 5 better than the Mandy.

Fix the Kluth issues or expect the faction to die off. Period.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR