Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Beta Weekend
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Beta Weekend
Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 13:12   
With the Beta stress test this weekend, I would like to ask that members of all factions refrain from any major activity in the MV for the duration of the test. Perhaps the MV could be shut down for the weekend to "encourage" individuals to participate in the beta test.

Thank you

Email Yitram
whitefire330
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 13:24   
id leave newbie up though, because of any new players we may get

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-24 13:50   
Faustus cant take down the metaverse because its what people pay to use. Some people just want to play in the MV and dont care about beta (sadly enough).

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 13:57   
Yeah, that's the problem. We gotta keep as many players as we can, even if t hney don't play beta. Was a good idea though.

~Switch

edit- grammar

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ on 2005-06-24 13:58 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 14:29   
but its just 1 weekend and they cant complain and not do anything to help if there is a chance

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 14:39   
Quote:

On 2005-06-24 13:50, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Faustus cant take down the metaverse because its what people pay to use. Some people just want to play in the MV and dont care about beta (sadly enough).

There could always be a little "accident" with the server.

In all seriousness though, I'm just asking that all the major players in the MV refrain from any major activities such as attacking nme systems. You can go cap neutrals in your own systems to your hearts content, I'm just asking that people stay out of systems that aren't already being fought over at the moment.

Since beta as it is maybe be the release version as early as next week, the mv will probably be reset when the new version is loaded onto the release servers, and thus anything that is happening right now will be meaningless.

[ This Message was edited by: Yitram on 2005-06-24 14:56 ]

Email Yitram
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 16:22   
With all the free trials peeps get noone should gripe.

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-25 09:14   
Seeing that hte UGTO have wiped out the Kluth and will soon do the same to the ICC, I declare this this thread officially dead, along with the supposid community we have....please lock this thread from further discussion.

Email Yitram
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-25 10:37   
Note : Beta Server was empty while UGTO freely attacked the K'luth - there were no K'luth to defend.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 12:06   
You realise theres little point in playing release btw...if the beta goes well MV will be reset and 1.483 will be releases within 2 weeks or so. Might aswell play test that instead than fighting a battle that will most probably be one sided and lost....and then in a few days when its over..be reset!

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-25 13:29   
Quote:

...if the beta goes well MV will be reset and 1.483 will be releases within 2 weeks or so.

Haha, you all know what's soon to follow

~Switch

Haha, I'm just foolin, but seriously you all need to check out beta. Us Fleet Admirals have it nice .

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ on 2005-06-25 13:30 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:16   
I'd like to Beta test but have given up on the dam thing working, it doesn't. And considering the time it takes me to download a third time I'm not gonna do it.

The other problem is just finding the server (yes I have found it) it may be the reason why people don't go there. Put an easy link in the news and topic threads.

Anyways just pointing out why I'm never in Beta and maybe why newbies don't go there either.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:35   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 16:16, RedDoggy(1) wrote:
I'd like to Beta test but have given up on the dam thing working, it doesn't. And considering the time it takes me to download a third time I'm not gonna do it.

just because it doesnt work for you, doesnt mean it doesnt work at all.

The other problem is just finding the server (yes I have found it) it may be the reason why people don't go there. Put an easy link in the news and topic threads.

ooo letsee... lobby button -> darkspace beta. right margin -> darkspace beta. webbrowser -> beta.darkspace.net. if you run the beta client, it starts you in the beta lobby by default. thanks to draf posting news of the beta, and links to the beta client, more than a few newbies are starting in beta. what else... oh yeah.. ask a mod or admin, ask players that have been in beta...
did i miss anything else?

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:48   
Bloody typical,
On nights. cant play

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-25 17:19   

Ok you missed my points completly Doran.

1) Beta Doesn't work: If the Beta is not easy to use then people will not bother with it. I've tried to get it to work and it won't. It reminds me of the old verison coming out and DS not working for a couple weeks, its frustating.

Cool if ppl get it to work, I'm pointing out that it doesn't work for me so maybe = a few can't get it to work either. Perhaps is a bigger problem than you think?

2) Where is Beta?: Ok besides those of us familiar with computer geekery the Beta is hidden. There is a link at the bottom right that you must scroll down to. I don't even see it in the top downloads anymore (no Beta).

The latest news and topics are highlighted and can be seen, but other than that its like putting your new pushed product on the bottom of the shelf at the back of the store. Not up front and eye level.

Suggestions mearly because I care that Beta works and that people test it. I keep seeing posts about why nobody is in Beta, I'm simply attempting to answer those.

If you wish you can continue to scratch you head (or other parts) about why nobody plays Beta.

Yes it makes no sense why ppl are capping in MV if Beta will come out, but maybe there is a reason(s) for it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025237 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR