Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Proof of CD and BD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Proof of CD and BD
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-26 04:13   
And yet, these tactics bear no resemblence to actual MV combat because they still A) rely on only one opponent (having a wingman is even more absurd since in ANY 2v1 the 1 will jump out after doing the max damage they can, if not right off the bat) and B) are assuming organized, planned attack strategys.

I will re-emphasize. The CD is crap because its NOT versitile! It can ONLY be effective under certain circumstances, otherwise it gets pwned so badly the most damage you can do is to self D. THAT IS THE POINT WHICH YOU ARE ALL IGNORING! MV Combat is a fluid, ever-changing environment which is what makes ships like the AC and EAD such powerhouses because of their full torp mounts and impressive full armor compliments. BD is such a powerhouse because of the sheer number of full mount cannons, and HC/BC are effective because their manuverability and speed let them dodge torps and bring their nose to bear on enemy dreads to fire THEIR torps while still evading hits themselves.

CD... it has a dread footprint, which is a -5 right off the bat. Its only armor is forward, and its only heavy weapon mounts are forward. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? It can only fire at 1 ship at a time in mass fleet melees, so when that BC comes up on your starboard side and crosses behind you to port, it will get SEVERAL shots off on you while the most you can muster is a few iffy cannon shots, and MAYBE fire off a few torps for it to dodge after it has passed you by 300gu on your port side...

You can argue all you want, but the CDs worth in actual REAL combat has been proven time and again... which is why Vice Admirals always stick with the AC. But, this arguement is null & void as the patch is right around the corner.

Every ship has its purpose? The now, old CD's purpose is simple. Jump in, fire off a few alphas, get swarmed & SD.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-26 12:23   
Well Coeus what I was trying to prove was that regardless of what the load out of the ship is, it all depends on how the person flys that ship , etc. I understand on why you think the ship sucks, but thats because you and quite alot of others dont fly it and prefer not to because it doesnt fit your flying style, it comes to who flys it, and that goes for every ship. I myself am better at flying a BD than a EAD.

[ This Message was edited by: -Stormryder-(LW) on 2005-06-26 12:33 ]

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-26 13:20   
It doesn't much matter your flying style, in a melee of between 6 and 10, you are a primary target because you are utterly defenseless in the rear, and it doesn't matter how good a pilot you are once a cruiser (or a good dread pilot) gets behind you in a CD, you're not gonna get rid of them. Ignore the point all you want, there it is.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-26 15:13   
I wont say anymore since this is utterly turning stupid.

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.010010 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR