No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Proof of CD and BD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Proof of CD and BD
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-24 11:27   
who.. cause it certainly aint me

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-24 11:32   
No offense, but this was eather rigged, or warner. Tutorial, newbie, do it all over again m8...cause..wow...CDs should not be able to beat a good BD pilot...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-24 11:51   
Well, I faced AirWolf in a BD Vs. CD match. Thrice.

The results were...

• First Round - Fought in Combat Zone. AirWolf was flying modded, I wasn't (choose to) managed to stay behind me for a considerable amount of damage, managed to close the distance and was starting to gain back when a zone desync crashed me into a planet.

• Second Round - Fought inside Combat Zone, match was modded vs. modded this time, and I was gaining an upper hand (my hull didnt scratch) when he plunged into a bucketful of roids. Complaiing this disrupted the test that CDs were better, he logged.

That was pilot error though, and though he logged I still destroyed his ship. (He was at 55 hull, I was around 98 when he was 82 when he hit the roids).

• Final Match - Fought outside Combat Zone, around the ICC Home Planet. This was actually attempted a few times, but the last time is most noticeable.

We started out, Usually attack run, we came to closing distance and while he broke my hull, I pinned close to him, and he couldent fire back. It just soo happened that he "disconnected" at that second that he was pinned and had him down to 64 hull before he informed me he d/ced.

When he came back in game, I had stopped fireing, and was telling him to get repaired and we would fight again, when he boarded me, not expecting that, even one inf, I immediately returned fire. He didnt take any evasive action, acting as if it was wrong that my ship could have capped, until 12% hull, where I killed him.

He respawned, yelled it was only an inf, and I logged.

Summing up it all : CD's good in the right hands; but in better hands the BD will always win.

-Ent

Tridgit
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 14:08   
=)

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-24 14:28   
lollerskates.

Email Ramius
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-24 15:27   
Smack daddied - with all those Florida-capades too....

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-24 17:42   
A CD is actually a good ship once youve flown it around for as long of a time to begin with. While ago back before our "Current" patch was released, back in the old MV when Agents still thrived. I had my Combat Dread smack around an EAD and destroy it easily one on one. Just prooves that if modded right and in the hands of an extremely capable pilot its very usefull for backup and fire support. Hince why i didnt get jumped when fighting the EAD ^^. But anway, just remember sometimes when flying an ICC ship like that, shield management is key there.

Email UnknownWarrior
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-24 18:05   
To quote a certain old Admin (trag)...

"SD must of been designed with CD's in mind...since its the most damage your going to get out of it".

-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-24 18:44   
I think its proven it IS good in the right hands (just like if you give a good pilot a destroyer), give it to a newbie and he/she wouldnt know what to do, just like an EAD or Siphon. No one mentally ill or anything like that for using a CD (bad boy Coeus *wiggles finger*). Its simply has a different purpose, SD-ing is one of those purposes, but not the main reason to why its the ship that it is. It has a strong point, no doubt about that (and dont mention the strong point as SD-ing, thats bogus). I think it requires tons more skill than to pilot say a EAD, since most of its weapons are on the fore. I think if you practice with a CD, you'll learn to keep your enemy infront of you for the duration of the battle, and that can be a key factor in winning or losing.

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-24 22:57   
I think the point is, however, that CD is ONLY good if you can keep ALL your enemies in front - which is why CD sucks, it has practically NO purpose in a mass fleet battle, or any fight in which there is more than one enemy.

1v1 my grandma could make a CD useful, but in a team game with multiple enemies and variations in strategy and fluctuations in team sizes - CD is a big walking shield for the capable ships.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-25 05:34   
OK, guys...the fight was not rigged. I believe in the right hands, any ship is a fierce weapon....however me getting a dread is not the best choise because i have not flown one that many times, UGTO dreads a couple times and allways got killed, ICC and k'luth dreads never...well the CD this one time. One on one i usually loose, i don't care about tactics=)

So if you fight me and loose, you must be a complete noob=)

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-25 15:37   
Siphon is mostly front mount
i scared off 2 ACs with it once

the fact that its front mount only doesnt mean its completely useless for dogfighting, you just need to be able to fly properly. it is possible to get even a highly experienced pilot into your gunsights with it.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:43   
CD IS A GLASS CANNON

Email Ramius
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-25 16:47   
I never use a CD but I can see their worth if you must use them.

Flying in a wingman formation with decent seperation between the two would mean that at least 1 would have the front tracked on an enemy.

If somone tries to get behind the first CD then the second can lay into it. Taking on the second one in wingman formation is the best bet, but the first ship may have time to swing around.

Key to targeting a 2 man flight (and I'm giving away a good secret here) is to target the first one (if they are close) and come in behind the second one, you will not miss. If one blows up then the other is hurt as well .

Point is CD can be used well if flowen in groups, its not a solo ship to jump in and out with. Or hope to swing your front around in time, when the weapons arc may take 20 seconds to swing around.

On a 1 one 1, the advantage would go to the one using weapons that could damage systems. Since getting position is so important, any damage to the engines could be fatal for a CD that must keep the target in front. Plus the obvious fact that systems down = less firepower (repeated quick firing).

Just some thoughts on it.

-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 22:03   
Well said Red. Every ship has its purpose (and no its not some silly SD-ing for the CD).

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021924 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR